Kyle A. Carrozza (Creator of Mighty Magiswords) arrested.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
For everyone calling me out, I agree with you. My feelings on one show mean little to nothing, compared to what's really going here, 1000%. Like I said before - this fool could use a life sentence in prison - then Bury their butt beneath it to serve even more time.

Nothing less is acceptable for hurting minors both physically & mentally like this. It also sucks how far too much human debris gets away with this beyond criminal activity Daily (24-7-365). It's a miracle any of them get caught & punished properly anymore, BTW.

Anything less than a life sentence is not enough for this - human debris behavior, in the end. THAT MUCH is for sure.

Asa

He apparently harassed someone over a dirty drawing and got them removed from their job and led to their suicide. I don't know all the details about that but there seemed to be tons of things about him that just didn't feel right even back in his DeviantArt days I've heard things about him.
What was the name of his deviantART account?

I’m curious to know what it was.

Update: It was TVsKyle (he even uses that name on Twitter/X) and his account has been deactivated for years. How long did he use it for?

Last edited:

RegularCapital

Staff member
Networks hiring pedophiles is seriously a problem. It needs to stop. They don't want any more problem especially after the ID Doc. There needs to be strict laws.

What Carrozza did was disgusting and shameful, however this is slightly different to Quiet on Set, as it's likely that he didn't have direct contact with children at the studio like what Brian Peck and Dan Schneider did as this was an animated show. Kids do visit the studio for voice recordings for other shows, but not on his show, also thankfully there was no reports of any victims of abuse.

Obviously, there are laws, but if a person has a clean criminal history, nobody else is going to know at the time of hiring. However, the Quiet on Set documentary made a solid point that not everyone working with kids (that have occasional contact) don't have to be checked as long as a parent/guardian is present, which does need to change.

Last edited:

DeanBurrito25

For everyone calling me out, I agree with you. My feelings on one show mean little to nothing, compared to what's really going here, 1000%.
I feel I should clarify, I didn't point that out so others in the thread would dogpile you. That was never my intention, even if I didn't totally agree with that sentiment. Hope it didn't come off malicious.

Kyle and Luke Talk About Toons has been taken down.

I saw that, too. Insane to think that over a decade's worth of podcasts have now become lost media over one man's deeply terrible, life ruining decision.

For Lukeski's sake, I hope he wasn't complicit or passive in Kyle's charges (doesn't sound like it, though he may not legally be able to share more than what's in his Tweet). I stopped listening consistently to the podcast a while ago, but it sounds like he was still struggling to find animation work like his peers when Magiswords ended. I can only imagine that this will be a steeper incline in his uphill battle.

Markus Nelis

What Carrozza did was disgusting and shameful, however this is slightly different to Quiet on Set, as it's likely that he didn't have direct contact with children at the studio.
One of the people that worked with him actually said that he was already doing creep stuff. He actually touched a girl according to him. Yet CN still hired him. Even though it's uncertain what I'm going to say right now but I'm pretty sure CN knew. Just the same way Nick knew about Dan but due to money they kept him for a long time. I'm sorry but it's true that executives like predators so they get money. Thankfully I haven't heard stuff when it comes to current shows so the future might be bright.

Last edited:

Shiloh Otter

in my 2nd LPS era
One of the people that worked with him actually said that he was already doing creep stuff. He actually touched a girl according to him. Yet CN still hired him. Even though it's uncertain what I'm going to say right now but I'm pretty sure CN knew. Just the same way Nick knew about Dan but due to money they kept him for a long time. I'm sorry but it's true that executives like predators so they get money. Thankfully I haven't heard stuff when it comes to current shows so the future might be bright.
I saw an anecdote from a former CN employee who said that she left the company when she saw that they hired Kyle.

I can't say whether the top brass of CN at the time knew of his creepiness or not, but people within the old studio certainly did.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
It's amazing that Kyle had a beef with John K. back in the day and then this news comes out, basically showing that they're both two peas in a pod.
John started it -- he put one of Kyle's drawings on his blog as one of his many examples of "what not to do." Kyle retaliated with an unflattering caricature of John in his webcomic, and that's how they went at it.

Pac-Attack

Kyle in general blows up at the most non-criticisms or suggestions and John is not even the first person to make fun of his art. Yeah yeah, the quality of his work is not relevant to this situation, but honestly Kyle's art was always uninspired, wonky, and just plain fugly.

I remember he posted some title cards he did for Fanboy and Chum Chum and berated someone for basically saying "I'm not a fan of the show but the title cards are nice."

And then there was this other time recently he got all catty at someone for merely suggesting to make comics out of his lame 200+ pitches.

Any time I would hear about this guy for many years, it was always that he was some loser creep with possibly the biggest, most fragile ego in the whole industry. Now (or always, there's always been rumblings about this), he's a pedophile.

This industry is crap.

Shiloh Otter

in my 2nd LPS era
That person didn't commit suicide, so that story is questionable.
It also wasn't merely a dirty drawing either. That person has victims who came forward last year. I saw the receipts. They were pretty awful.

Basically Kyle was right about that person, but it also makes him a hypocrite since he was doing the same stuff.

Last edited:

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
You know what gets me? This is another freak that looks the part if you know what I mean. You look at them and it's just so obvious. But innocent until proven guilty yada yada yeah.

Goldstar!

All right-y!
You know what gets me? This is another freak that looks the part if you know what I mean. You look at them and it's just so obvious. But innocent until proven guilty yada yada yeah.
I hear what you're saying, but we shouldn't judge people solely by their appearances. Like @Peter Paltridge said earlier, having a unusual fashion sense doesn't make someone a creep. Being a creep makes one a creep. Weird Al Yankovic has a unique look, but as far as I know, the guy doesn't have any skeletons in his closet. I don't care if you dress like Willy Wonka, as long as you're not hurting anyone or breaking any laws.

What bugs me the most about all of this is that on the surface Kyle Corrozza seemed like such a nice, smart, creative, funny guy. A little weird, but harmless. He didn't look like a creeper to me at all. A littlle eccentric, maybe, but most creative people (myself included) are. I never would have guessed that he had this dark side. I've never met the man, but after learning of this news, I feel betrayed.

Now maybe, Kyle will pull a Pro Jared (IYKYK) and resurface to prove his innocence, but I'm not counting on it.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
I wonder how this be compare to cases of john kricfalshi & chris savino
Does it matter? A creep's a creep. They've all done reprehensible things, and their actions have come back to bite them. I have no interest in a stick measuring contest about which one is worse. Nobody's planning a Scumbag Awards Show, as far I know.

Aside from the victims obviously, the person I feel sorry for is Kyle's former podcast partner and I assume former friend, Luke Ski. AFAIK, he's still looking for work as a storyboard artist whereas Kyle had a few gigs lined up when all this went down; it's going to be even harder for Luke to find work within the industry with Kyle's stink all over him.

Also, on a purely selfish level, I'm going to miss listening to Kyle and Luke's podcast. It was fun and refreshing listening to two creative people who are equally passionate about animation and comedy music. They played off one another brilliantly, and they seemed to be really close. It's really a shame that this happened. I really don't get people like Kyle Carrozza, Chris Savino, Julie Vickerman, John K. and Skyler Page who manage to land the sort of opportunities that most of us can only dream of, only to throw it all away just to get their freak on.

Last edited:

Shiloh Otter

in my 2nd LPS era
Yeah, let's not do this. It's rhetoric like this that allows conveniently attractive people to do unspeakable things and get away with it. Some Youtubers and streamers, for starters.

There is no "look".

Checkerboard

THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
In general i agree. And I dont want to do stereotypes, but if you look at the past five to ten years not just in the industry there is somewhat of a pattern of either obese hairy people or thin people with some disadvantage, both of whom give off weird vibes and compensate for that through abuse of power. Of course, that doesnt cover everyone. Just saying there is a certain type often that looks like they got stuck in the 70s and live with their mom. We are all 'weird' in a way, me included, but nobody is that weird if you know what I mean. But i digress, even attractive people can be toxic. For me when i saw his photo all the surprise after seeing Schneider before went away.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I am more optimistic than I was awhile ago. I'm eagerly anticipating to see Porky and Daffy's movie in theaters because seeing hand drawn animation on the big screen is a real treat. And Pepe Le Pew is no longer retired. No need to worry anymore. Looney Tunes are still core to WB, and I am excited for what is next for them in the future.
Happy National Radio Day, Uh what's left of it! The day not radio.

Why youtube nickjr have Kamp Koral video for this??
Two Two's wrote on Mejo's profile.
What's your favourite classic Disney short?
#releasethebvsentertainmentlibrary

Featured Posts