Looney Tunes Altered Versions Discussion v2 (or, the Looney Tunes Dumping Ground)

wiley207

Looney Tunes shorts are too old to be written off for tax purpose and if it does, most of Looney Tunes would be unavailable to the public.

Most of Looney Tunes are just removed from HBO Max but they aren't written off.
Oh, OK. It's just that WB-Discovery has gone through a lot of tax write-offs that affected much of Terabyte Terrace's output. But as for the lying, I even did a couple vlogs featuring Daffy Duck (in "Golden Book Video Killers" puppet form) and Sam Valentino (my private toon detective fursona) about this. (They should also bring several of you up to speed after this forum was down during said time.)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Oh, OK. It's just that WB-Discovery has gone through a lot of tax write-offs that affected much of Terabyte Terrace's output. But as for the lying, I even did a couple vlogs featuring Daffy Duck (in "Golden Book Video Killers" puppet form) and Sam Valentino (my private toon detective fursona) about this. (They should also bring several of you up to speed after this forum was down during said time.)

If the cartoons had been written off for taxes, they couldn't release them on Blu-Ray. It's a really dangerous practice that is essentially destroying art.

Moe

If the cartoons had been written off for taxes, they couldn't release them on Blu-Ray. It's a really dangerous practice that is essentially destroying art.
Yeah, I'm all for complete elimination of tax write off for shows, movies, video games, books, etc.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
A chunk of WB's B&W LT library has already been computer-colorized. The rest of the B&W LT/MM library should get computer-colorized versions too. This would fall under "altered versions" since these shorts were not originally made in color.

Daffyrocks

The Day the..... Roof Blew Up?!?
A chunk of WB's B&W LT library has already been computer-colorized. The rest of the B&W LT/MM library should get computer-colorized versions too. This would fall under "altered versions" since these shorts were not originally made in color.
If I know right, almost all of the B&W Sunset library has been computer colorized, but not every one of these were released (for various reasons, most notably racial or political ones)

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
If I know right, almost all of the B&W Sunset library has been computer colorized, but not every one of these were released (for various reasons, most notably racial or political ones)
That's why we should have content warnings preceding shorts with particularly sensitive content.

And why stop at LT/MM? WB should create computer-colorized versions of the B&W Popeye cartoons and the MGM Captain and the Kids cartoons (well the ones made in B&W). Believe it or not there are people who are put off by grayscale imagery or who just plain prefer color to B&W.

Moe

That's why we should have content warnings preceding shorts with particularly sensitive content.

And why stop at LT/MM? WB should create computer-colorized versions of the B&W Popeye cartoons and the MGM Captain and the Kids cartoons (well the ones made in B&W). Believe it or not there are people who are put off by grayscale imagery or who just plain prefer color to B&W.
and I want all of LT/MM to be restored and uncensored, also include a warning message for offensive shorts.

There were many people complained about censored shorts air on CN and Boomerang. I do believe MeTV air nearly all uncensored and they only censor if there are sex contents or profanities in shorts because of FCC rule.

harry580

well, its weird that metv managed to air the a.a.p version of a looney Tunes cartoon

AngusTinMan16

and I want all of LT/MM to be restored and uncensored, also include a warning message for offensive shorts.

There were many people complained about censored shorts air on CN and Boomerang. I do believe MeTV air nearly all uncensored and they only censor if there are sex contents or profanities in shorts because of FCC rule.

Yeah, the odds that the Censored Eleven will get restored are very slim. I'm not holding my breath on that.
When it comes to me and animation, I take what I can get.

Daffyrocks

Yeah, the odds that the Censored Eleven will get restored are very slim. I'm not holding my breath on that.
When it comes to me and animation, I take what I can get.
actually, the Censored 11 were restored already, as they were planning a DVD release before it got pulled along with Tom and Jerry Golden Collection 2

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
Has any copy of the 2 new restorations (Ghost Wanted and Brother Brat) circulated around the web yet?
I don't believe so. Archive.org doesn't have them. No videos of the opening and closing of them are on YouTube either. I suppose that a lot of people really want more volumes of this series so they are not uploading the new restorations so more people can buy them to get them, therefore causing more sales, therefore causing more volumes to be made.

Getting back on topic to the discussion of "Dubbed Versions", you probably know this already, i've recently found uploads of the "Dubbed Versions" of the cartoons Inki and the Minah Bird, (this doesn't feature an altered end card like most of the silent Looney Tunes shorts) and Flop Goes the Weasel (the uploader also uploaded a "Dubbed Version" of Nothing but the Tooth but I don't know if that version was already found yet). Interesting how they bothered to actually give "Dubbed Versions" to these shorts, wondering if this gives credibility to the rumor that the Censored 11 had "Dubbed Versions".

Last edited:

Daffyrocks

I don't believe so. Archive.org doesn't have them. No videos of the opening and closing of them are on YouTube either. I suppose that a lot of people really want more volumes of this series so they are not uploading the new restorations so more people can buy them to get them, therefore causing more sales, therefore causing more volumes to be made.

Getting back on topic to the discussion of "Dubbed Versions", you probably know this already, but Bodziur240 has recently uploaded "Dubbed Versions" of the cartoons Inki and the Minah Bird, (this doesn't feature an altered end card like most of the silent Looney Tunes shorts) and Flop Goes the Weasel (he also uploaded a "Dubbed Version" of Nothing but the Tooth but I don't know if that version was already found yet). Interesting how they bothered to actually give "Dubbed Versions" to these shorts, wondering if this gives credibility to the rumor that the Censored 11 had "Dubbed Versions".
"Nothing but the Tooth" already had the dubbed prints found from the start

Last edited by a moderator:

Mejo

Four Legged Zoo
"Nothing but the Tooth" already had the dubbed prints found from the start
Oh, sorry. Must've slipped my mind.

I do wonder what the print of Rift Raffy Daffy will look like on the next Collector's Choice volume though. Will they use the original technicolor negatives or are they gone forever?

Daffyrocks

I do wonder what the print of Rift Raffy Daffy will look like on the next Collector's Choice volume though. Will they use the original technicolor negatives or are they gone forever?
I am sure they will just upscale the SD restoration from the Looney Tunes Super Stars DVD release with Porky

NewBogus :)

You're fired!

Getting back on topic to the discussion of "Dubbed Versions", you probably know this already, i've recently found uploads of the "Dubbed Versions" of the cartoons Inki and the Minah Bird, (this doesn't feature an altered end card like most of the silent Looney Tunes shorts) and Flop Goes the Weasel (the uploader also uploaded a "Dubbed Version" of Nothing but the Tooth but I don't know if that version was already found yet). Interesting how they bothered to actually give "Dubbed Versions" to these shorts, wondering if this gives credibility to the rumor that the Censored 11 had "Dubbed Versions".

Relax, they were found. And it was me, who reuploaded them to Youtube back then in September 2023.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts