"Mars Express" Talkback (Spoilers)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The News Team's GWOtaku has a new review on the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Review: Mars Express Delivers As a New Cyberpunk Classic"​

marsexpressbanner.jpg

"For fans of sci-fi and those craving breakthroughs for adult-oriented and global 2D animation, the hype is justified. Mars Express is a true cyberpunk thriller following in the tradition of such landmarks as Ghost in the Shell and Blade Runner. It’s an unmistakable triumph for French director and co-writer Jérémie Périn (Lastman) depicting a mystery in a radical future that nonetheless feels as if it’s as lived in and true as any down-to-Earth real-world setting one would care to name.

At the dawn of the 23rd century humanity has expanded well beyond Earth to exist in self-contained cities on Mars and elsewhere in outer space, and advancements in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence correspond to that expansion. Robots of many shapes and sizes live and work alongside humans in ways indistinguishable from a regular person, and many of them appear human. Humans can network with each other and carry on entire group conversations with only thought, and it’s apparently even possible for a person to “backup” their personality into a robot brain and body that will then behave in a way indistinguishable from the original. The robots are still constrained by a set of directives inspired by Isaac Asimov’s three laws of robotics and a voice command can turn them off, but despite that the line distinguishing robots from humans is very blurred and thin here."

Read the full review here.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Dang it, our local theaters stopped showing it.

EDIT: No online option either, for now. I will have to wait.

Last edited:

Greg91

Reporter
This movie looks awesome. I found the trailer when the Arcane Season One Blu-ray was announced. I'd like to get the Blu-ray which came out on June 18th.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts