Marvel Animation at the D23 Expo 2024

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The D23 Expo is this weekend! Here's a list of Marvel Animation related panels at this year's event. Keep in mind there might be announcements outside the panels listed below (i.e., during the Marvel Studios or any other Disney Animation presentation).

Saturday August 10, 2024

Marvel Animation Sneak Peek
12:45 P.M., Premiere Stage

See what’s coming next to Disney+ from Marvel Animation, with special guests and first looks at hotly anticipated series including Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, Eyes of Wakanda, future seasons of What If…?, X-Men ’97, and more!

Sunday August 11, 2024

Creating Marvel Studios & ILM Immersive’s What If...? – An Immersive Story
4:00 p.m., Backlot Stage

Until the Expo starts, feel free to discuss, add your hopes or predictions about what might be announced here. Once the event begins, please use this thread or any of the News & Discussion threads for the current Marvel projects, to post any of the news revealed at D23. (The news relevant to the Marvel shows will still be added to their respective News & Discussion threads afterwards, if only to have the topics more complete and up to date in regards to upcoming stuff.)

Also, if somehow any completely new projects are announced, expect new threads to be posted shortly afterwards on this very forum.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Predictions For D23 Marvel Animation Panel:
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Trailer (Public)
- What If? Season 3 News
- Marvel Zombies Release Date & Update
- Eyes Of Wakanda Release Date & Update
- Tease X Men 97 Season 2 But Not Too Much
- Announce One New Animated Series

Medinnus

Staff member
Predictions For D23 Marvel Animation Panel:
- Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Trailer (Public)
- What If? Season 3 News
- Marvel Zombies Release Date & Update
- Eyes Of Wakanda Release Date & Update
- Tease X Men 97 Season 2 But Not Too Much
- Announce One New Animated Series

Of those, only Eyes of Wakanda has any hope of containing content, characters which interest me; I do not, however, begrudge any of you your enthusiasm and excitement. "Play through!" LOL

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man footage is what I'm most keen on seeing. I've been eager to see how it looks in motion, for a long time. Of the forthcoming shows, It also seems like it will be the closest to an old school, bright colorful Marvel comic brought to life.

Eyes of Wakanda has me intrigued, with the word of mouth and rumors going around.

I'm just a little indifferent to Marvel Zombies at the moment.

It would be really cool if there are any surprise announcements but right now, I'd be happy with new animation, designs and images.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man footage is what I'm most keen on seeing. I've been eager to see how it looks in motion, for a long time. Of the forthcoming shows, It also seems like it will be the closest to an old school, bright colorful Marvel comic brought to life.
I'm curious if they'll confirm if we're getting a lot of other heroes in the show :ack:.
I'm just a little indifferent to Marvel Zombies at the moment.
I hope it's better than the actual Marvel Zombies What If episode.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Just saw this and thought it was funny. Apparently, Feige was spotted wearing a cap that some people are speculating is connected to Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I would be pretty surprised.

20240809_151110.jpg

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Just saw this and thought it was funny. Apparently, Feige was spotted wearing a cap that some people are speculating is connected to Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. I would be pretty surprised.

View attachment 309705
pretty sure it's a future foundation suit I believe it was shown all the way back at sdcc 2022 (could also be anti-venom or maybe Clash?)

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

Frontier

Staff member

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
FINAL PREDICTIONS/HOPES:
1. What If? Season 3 Release Date Is Revealed Alongside Exclusive Footage Is Shown To Attendees
2. X Men 97 Season 2 Gets Minor Update
3. Marvel Zombies Release Date Is Confirmed For Next October Exclusive Footage Is Shown To Attendees
4. Eyes Of Wakanda Get Release Window Exclusive Footage Is Shown To Attendees
5. A New Animated Movie Is Announced
6. Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man Official Teaser Is Released Publicly To End Off Panel

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I want some visuals, video or picture. Maybe some casting announcements and premiere dates. That's all I really need. Some new project announcements would really put me over.

On another note, I saw something Open Season related make it onto D+ recently. If they could permanently fix the Sony streaming arrangement, that would be wonderful. LOL I have one stubborn buddy that finally, after years, started watching Spectacular. Got halfway through before the Sony shows were pulled. He deserved that but I still wish it was all in one place again.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Hoping they put up some HQ versions of the Spidey images

I want to dig into that character spread

Never been a fan of the Morrison era costumes, so not excited about that one.

Four episodes for Eyes of Wakanda and Marvel Zombies definitely feels like they'll just be mini-series.

I'm not seeing dates for anything :(

If only they put the What If...? and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man footage up...

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Hudson Thames will voice Peter/Spidey. Role reprisal from What If...?.

Peter & Norman's relationship is like a "What If?" scenario of Peter & Tony in the MCU. Difference is Norman uses more questionable methods.

First clip from the show reveals Peter gets his spider bite when Doctor Strange and Venom come through a portal fighting along with a spider.

Marvel Zombies will be a 4-episode event series rated "TV-MA".

First teaser shows Mandarin giving Shang-Chi the Ten Rings to save his arm from a zombie bite. Also included are Shang-Chi, Katy and Jimmy Woo fighting a Skrull biker gang, reminiscent of Mad Max sequence.

Yeah, no dates is kind of a letdown. Not as much as no official clips being released online, but still. Somehow I expected more from this event but it's not too bad, we did get a few intriguing tidbits I think.

EDIT:
ComicBook.com has a recap with a few more details.

Last edited:

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
What was that? The panel was really bad we didn't even get a Friendly Neighborhood Spider Man trailer.....

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts