"Marvel Cinematic Universe" News & Discussion, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

I'm surprised there hasn't been any rumors about what Disney Play's series is about. But I digress. Netflix has started a supernatural angle with the Hand but so has the movies with Strange and AOS with Rider and Darkhold. But with Ghost Rider needing SFX, I wonder if the Netflix budget/production time could handle a series about him. AOS was documented to be down to the wire sometimes with him. But I would be interested in them getting to the supernatural horror genre. Like you said, it feels like they're closing in on it as a phase theme within the next 10 years.

Ghost Rider gets a little tricky because Robbie Reyes is the current Rider, so if Reedus were to be a Rider it would have to be Reyes' predecessor, Johnny Blaze, in a prequel series. In theory anyway, Reyes could always pass the Rider on to someone else like Danny Ketch.

EDIT: lol, even Luna (who plays Reyes) approved of Reedus as Johnny last month.
Well then, Reedus could easily slide into an interesting stint as Johnny Blaze on the AOS series. Interesting he's got a peg on the supernatural side of comics (Blade 2). Moreso than Norin Radd.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
8/30: Well, they have Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider. Characters like Morbius and Moon Knight could come aboard. Honestly anything supernatural could easily be on Netflix or even the new "Disney Play".

8/31: Norman Reedus wants in on the MCU. To play either Ghost Rider or Silver Surfer:

'The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus Wants to Play Ghost Rider or Silver Surfer

I can see Reedus as Johnny Blaze, although altogether I'm not really expecting any immediate things for Ghost Rider in live action :sweat:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Well then, Reedus could easily slide into an interesting stint as Johnny Blaze on the AOS series. Interesting he's got a peg on the supernatural side of comics (Blade 2). Moreso than Norin Radd.
I don't think they're featuring the supernatural again anytime soon. They're next taking a cue from Guardians and Infinity War and heading off into space for the next season.

It's rumored "Black Panther 2" might be announced this month.
A foregone conclusion but that's a pleasant surprise an official announcement is coming so soon instead of at a convention.

I can see Reedus as Johnny Blaze, although altogether I'm not really expecting any immediate things for Ghost Rider in live action :sweat:.
They said a similar thing in 2012...2013 -- whenever Marvel got rights back -- then Ghost Rider showed up on AOS in 2016. At the time, I thought he would get a spin off of at least digital shorts like Yo-Yo did with "Slingshot" (which they didn't include in the Season 4 set unfortunately). So you know, we may see him again in 2022. ;)

the greenman

I don't think they're featuring the supernatural again anytime soon. They're next taking a cue from Guardians and Infinity War and heading off into space for the next season.

That's almost to be expected at this point. I gotta think they have some stretching for the FOX characters.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That's almost to be expected at this point. I gotta think they have some stretching for the FOX characters.
Indeed. On a related note, since it comes out summer 2019 after Avengers 4, I'm curious if AOS is going to or can utilize Skrulls since they got to use Kree a lot in the past season and peeved off an alliance of races including the Astrans, Kallusians, and Rajaks from the comics. Albeit obscure and within Marvel's purvey, it'll be interesting to see what other races/characters they mine.

Frontier

Staff member
Indeed. On a related note, since it comes out summer 2019 after Avengers 4, I'm curious if AOS is going to or can utilize Skrulls since they got to use Kree a lot in the past season and peeved off an alliance of races including the Astrans, Kallusians, and Rajaks from the comics. Albeit obscure and within Marvel's purvey, it'll be interesting to see what other races/characters they mine.
I would think they're good on TV since I don't believe Fox has exclusive TV rights (they had to get permission from Marvel/Disney for their X-Men shows, as I recall) :).

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Uh no Brie Larson was teasing a Captain Marvel reveal at 12PM today. Which wasn't a teaser trailer but rather that the next Entertainment Weekly magazine would have the first articles really detailing information on the movie. That's not a trailer though at all that's promoting the EW issue with that info so you know totally a different thing.

Frontier

Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

happy 4th of july
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!

Featured Posts