"Marvel on Disney+" Pre-Release News & Discussion, Part 8 (Spoilers)

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Jessica Jones is exactly who I'm hoping for then a bigger role in season 2 then her own series again.

Yup. They don't even know what the reception for Eyes of Wakanda will be and I think fans are hankering for other series like Moon Knight season 2 or simply other characters.
They honestly are making too much stuff and need to cancel more movies/shows that aren't really necessary. If it were up to me this would be Armor Wars, YA (It's not worth it), Vision Quest, Wonder Man and etc. At most 3 films, 1 live action show, and 1 animated show each year if I were in charge but I'm not so we can only hope Fiege knows what he's doing

Frontier

Staff member
I remember when that's what people thought would be what the first spinoff would be called and with how long it took to even get Eyes of Wakanda, not sure if this will go anywhere :p.
Swordsman still getting into legal trouble? I mean, we're already getting Kamala's dad :rolleyes2:.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Honestly I don't see it happening considering Ms. Marvel got low ratings and The Marvels bombed big time
Which was a shame. While it was years ago and different studios, I wasn't a fan of Iron Fist season 1 but they brought in a new staff and season 2 was pretty good. I think a new creative team could salvage Ms. Marvel. Feige and co. really seem to genuinely love the actress and vice versa. Tough spot. It really hinges on their plans for Young Avengers in the timeline of releases and her showing up in the Avengers movies - what story if any do they need to tell before those appearances vs. can it wait, do they use her just for guest appearances in other shows/movie cameos. The show didn't need the controversy with accusations towards Mohan Kapur, the actor playing Kamala's dad, either. I'm reading she was considered for Born Again but then chose to use Kapur instead.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Which was a shame. While it was years ago and different studios, I wasn't a fan of Iron Fist season 1 but they brought in a new staff and season 2 was pretty good. I think a new creative team could salvage Ms. Marvel. Feige and co. really seem to genuinely love the actress and vice versa. Tough spot. It really hinges on their plans for Young Avengers in the timeline of releases and her showing up in the Avengers movies - what story if any do they need to tell before those appearances vs. can it wait, do they use her just for guest appearances in other shows/movie cameos. The show didn't need the controversy with accusations towards Mohan Kapur, the actor playing Kamala's dad, either. I'm reading she was considered for Born Again but then chose to use Kapur instead.
Once again I just don't see them doing Young Avengers in fact outside of a few characters (Like Kate) I can see them pushing all these younger characters away and really focus on just Fantastic Four & Mutants post Secret Wars I mean we haven't seen Shang Chi in awhile so it ain't far fetch unfortunately

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Once again I just don't see them doing Young Avengers in fact outside of a few characters (Like Kate) I can see them pushing all these younger characters away and really focus on just Fantastic Four & Mutants post Secret Wars I mean we haven't seen Shang Chi in awhile so it ain't far fetch unfortunately
Which is a shame, too, because Shang-Chi is one of the few movies I rewatch a lot from this current saga. And sure, 3rd saga is "The Mutant Saga" -- so we can guess who the focus will be on. That's part of the problem, back in Phase 1 and even 2, they could focus on a small circle of characters because only a couple movies were out there but by phase 4 the canon is so huge and sprawling now and there's so much more characters, it's going on years before we've seen anyone from even the originals like Thor and Hawkeye and they're gonna keeping adding more. And when they do bring them back, they gotta grapple with are we gonna remember (e.g. Leader in Cap 4).

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
Which is a shame, too, because Shang-Chi is one of the few movies I rewatch a lot from this current saga. And sure, 3rd saga is "The Mutant Saga" -- so we can guess who the focus will be on. That's part of the problem, back in Phase 1 and even 2, they could focus on a small circle of characters because only a couple movies were out there but by phase 4 the canon is so huge and sprawling now and there's so much more characters, it's going on years before we've seen anyone from even the originals like Thor and Hawkeye and they're gonna keeping adding more. And when they do bring them back, they gotta grapple with are we gonna remember (e.g. Leader in Cap 4).
They need to stop adding characters and really just build off the one we have because that fact it's taking this long just for a Shang Chi sequel is kind of ridiculous like you would think they would get a sequel out by 2023 or 2024 but no

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They need to stop adding characters and really just build off the one we have because that fact it's taking this long just for a Shang Chi sequel is kind of ridiculous like you would think they would get a sequel out by 2023 or 2024 but no
The director was also getting pulled from other directions with Wonder Man, developing a non-Marvel show I think, and the rumors he was being courted for one or both Avengers movies probably delayed progress on the Shang-Chi sequel, too. Marvel Studios (and others) let themselves get distracted by Disney's company wide push to churn out content after content when Disney+ was starting up. They seem to have learned lessons, given this year's # of releases and the time between and hopefully they keep with that going into next year and beyond.

Frontier

Staff member
The MCU's always had a problem with properly spacing and pacing out it's storylines and characters (I mean, how long did it take for Carol and Dr. Strange to get new movies?) which is further emboldened by the fact that directors and actors are usually attached to other projects (and the actors themselves continuing to age year by year).

Last Spider

Arachnid Dude
It's kind of weird how the external factors that held things up are always forgotten when this subject comes up.
Did we really forget about the worldwide pandemic that held up production of really every studios projects by a few years?
If the pandemic hadn't been a thing Fantastic Four would probably be out by now.
And there's the writer and actor strikes that happened and held things up even more.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Frontier

Staff member
Fantastic to have Spader back. My hope for Ultron to return someday was sort reignited by the Ultron variant in What If...? but this is great! Hope it's a legit return and not just some hallucination thing that Vision argues with.

Filming in early 2025. So 2027? Or they gonna try to push this out in Fall 2026? Good luck, VFX team.
Ultron was always the easiest villain to bring back because of AI though I wonder if they might try to come up with a practical design for him because replicating his fully CG body would be killer on the budget :confused:.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts