Max And The Midknights (Nickelodeon Show)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
A new Nickelodeon show is coming out called Max And The Midknights, which is based on a book. A 10 year old girl named Max wants to be a knight, so she will go on all sorts of adventures with her friends in the kingdom of Byjovia. The show was greenlit for 20 episodes, and is executive produced by Jane Startz, Lincoln Peirce, and Amy McKenna, with Sharon Flynn and David Skelly serving as showrunners.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Max can sometimes be short for Maxine, which is typically a girl's name.

Lindsay Katai (writer for Infinity Train and Wolfboy And The Everything Factory) is writing for the series.

Last edited:

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
Wow, did Nick sign some licensing agreement with Lincoln Pierce? Maybe I missed something? It just seems odd to have two series based on his work.

I've never read the books, but this could be a premise that works. I wonder if it will also be CGI animated?

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Wow, impressed the books are becoming a show , hope it does well enough with whatever magic The Loud House and Spongebob had to exist longer than one/two seasons. I've only seen the first book, do hope this one is 2D though.

ToonsJazzLover

Nick seems to have faith in turning Lincoln Pierce's books into series. I just need to start reading them so I can understand the concept.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Interesting, name change, thought they'd want to have it show connection to the novels. But glad it seems to be coming out in 2023, at some point.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
Awww was kind of hoping it would be 2D like the novels, but then again I wonder if they could have it be 2D and use CGI elements? Still interested in the show though.
Maybe it will be animated like the Big Nate TV show. (Basically, no motion blur.)

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I don't like how Nickelodeon randomly dropped something without telling anyone, but I am glad something about it is out, I felt it was doomed after what they did to Big Nate.

aegisrawks

This is freaking terrible, everyone is in an arms race as so who can gift the cruelest and swiftest death to their kids animated shows.

Seriously, this is ridiculous, how is kids tv supposed to survive? It has no future in Cable but it doesnt have a future in streaming either.

Ace

Ace
Hopefully putting the first episode on YouTube was to promote the show rather than to bury it.

The animation looks almost cinema quality... but yeah with Nickelodeon you never know.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
This is freaking terrible, everyone is in an arms race as so who can gift the cruelest and swiftest death to their kids animated shows.

Seriously, this is ridiculous, how is kids tv supposed to survive? It has no future in Cable but it doesnt have a future in streaming either.
Youtube is where everyone is at, it's the most watched streaming thing, it's not a bad spot. Everything should be on Youtube.

aegisrawks

Youtube is where everyone is at, it's the most watched streaming thing, it's not a bad spot. Everything should be on Youtube.
That's true but putting it there was not done in service of making it thrive and succeed, it was put there to comply with contracts and say, well we released it. Even one of the biggest successes on Youtube was the Owl House which already had a pretty succesful run on TV.

Youtube is fickle, you either need a healthy media mix (As in a healthy run on TV) or be a Cocomelon clone, anything that doesnt IS DEAD.

I would love this show being a success in Youtube and bringing about a new era of cartoons but it REALLY doesnt seem likely.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts