McDonalds Collector’s Cups Are Back!

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"McDonalds Brings Back Collector’s Cups Celebrating Animation & Toy Tie-in History"​

McDonalds-Cups-2.jpg

McDonalds is tapping into the nostalgia again with the reveal of their latest promotion: The fast food chain recently announced they’re now releasing limited edition collector’s cups.

Children of the 80’s and 90’s will remember when McDonalds would release collector’s glasses celebrating franchises like Peanuts, Garfield, or the Muppets. While not as chaotic as the “Beanie Babies” phenomenon of the late 90’s, the release of these glasses would draw in families (and many collectors still own their old McDonalds glasses).

The current promotion revolves around six collector’s cups featuring the following franchises:

• Barbie / Hot Wheels (a “half and half” design)
  • Beanie Babies
  • Coca-Cola (including the 90’s animated Polar Bear mascots)
  • Hello Kitty / Peanuts (another “half and half” design)
  • Shrek, Jurassic Park and the Minions (now sure how they got all 3 on one cup!)
  • and of course: the McDonalds mascots (Grimace, Ronald McDonald and the Fry Guys)"
Read the full article here.

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
I actually went to McDonalds today and got one of these. I got the Shrek/Minions/Jurassic Park one. I’m guessing they are all together because of Universal Studios.

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I actually went to McDonalds today and got one of these. I got the Shrek/Minions/Jurassic Park one. I’m guessing they are all together because of Universal Studios.

It just feels very strange to have all 3 on one cup though.

As I said in the article, I kinda wish they did a total of 10 or 12 different cups.

MatthewP

- Shrek, Jurassic Park and the Minions (now sure how they got all 3 on one cup!)
i think someone said it before; but they're all universal property (and they prolly didn't have enough glass for 3 cups so)
and of course: the McDonalds mascots (Grimace, Ronald McDonald and the Fry Guys)"
...hol'up ronald's back?

Dantheman

Gee, I never thought about that...
I'll probably get the Coca-Cola one sometime to add to my Coca Cola collection, but I'll get it off Ebay, less fuss that way.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Incidentally the Pokémon Go item gift is sponsored by McDonald's and I think item payout depends how well you spin the cup (In game).

wonderfly

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
So I went to McDonalds yesterday only to find....the Collector's Cups are already sold out?!?

My disappointment is immeasurable. I might try another local McDonalds. You'd think they'd get another shipment in (but it appears they may be selling across the nation).

Surreal Kangaroo

Staff member
So I went to McDonalds yesterday only to find....the Collector's Cups are already sold out?!?

My disappointment is immeasurable. I might try another local McDonalds. You'd think they'd get another shipment in (but it appears they may be selling across the nation).
Yeah the McDonalds by my cousin’s house was sold out on Monday when I went. They had a sign saying their location was sold out. I never tried any other McDonalds closer to where I live, but at least I got one.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts