"Megamind vs. The Doom Syndicate" (Peacock) Animated Movie News & Discussion Thread

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new Megamind animated movie will premiere on Peacock March 1st. It will also be followed by an animated series, Megamind Rules!

Synopsis: Megamind’s former villain team, The Doom Syndicate, has returned. Our newly crowned blue hero must now keep up evil appearances until he can assemble his friends (Roxanne, Ol’ Chum and Keiko) to stop his former evil teammates from launching Metro City to the Moon.

Comments?

Related discussion
:
"Megamind Rules!" (Peacock) Animated Series News & Discussion Thread
"MegaMind" Talkback (Spoilers)
DreamWorks Animation News and Discussion Thread

Frontier

Staff member
Well, it's not the Megamind sequel I was hoping for (and is just basically your typical Dreamworks spinoff show with a totally new voice cast and a lower CG Animation budget), but it's...something :sweat:?

Never expected to hear Laura Post fill in for Tina Fey :p.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Megamind Returns With A Vengeance This March"​

imr0do0d.jpg

"For a long time, I’ve heard a lot of fan requests for a sequel to Dreamworks’ Megamind being thrown about the cybersphere, requests that Dreamworks ignored. Just about everything they’ve done EXCEPT Megamind has its own extension by now, whether it’s a sequel or a TV series. But now, finally, it sounds like they’re returning to the poor neglected bulbous blue dude and giving him another shot.

Megamind was originally the loser of a three-way race between Disney, Dreamworks and Illumination during the early 2010s, when all three premiered deconstructions of the Hero Vs Villain trope at the same time. All of them took the perspective of the Villain, but portrayed them as misunderstood, whether it was just their job (Wreck-It Ralph), they just needed some kids to hug (Despicable Me) or in the case of Megamind, they really were that bad but changed their mind once they got what they wanted and it wasn’t what they expected."

Read the full article here.

Was anyone else expecting a sequel to "Megamind" 14 years later?

5YearsOnEastCoast

...Yeah you can tell that this movie didn't have nowhere near of a budget as original movie. Take this with a grain of salt cause I am not that sure about it, but I read somewhere recently on Twitter that budget of this movie is 500000 dollars.

harry580

I just seen half of the trailer from a meme and I have to say:
I think we need to give ice age buck wild a apology because this one is disrespectful to the original megamind film because the original film have the animation of pdi (you know, the studio that done the animation to the first 3 shrek movies?)

AngusTinMan16

I just seen half of the trailer from a meme and I have to say:
I think we need to give ice age buck wild a apology because this one is disrespectful to the original megamind film because the original film have the animation of pdi (you know, the studio that done the animation to the first 3 shrek movies?)

Pacific Data Images (PDI) shut its doors almost a decade ago due the underpeformance of the Penguins of Madgascar movie and Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

We don't know the studio doing the animation. Don't count your chickens until they hatch.

harry580

I guess dreamworks megamind 2 did beat Disney take on ice age with ice age buck wild, for a crappy sequel for a great movie

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts