"MeTV Toons" Network Launching on June 25th

Pooky

Staff member
Presumably it's a rights thing; seems fairly safe to assume that if they could be airing Transformers rather than Go-Bots they would be.

Two Two's

I've got an electric shaver!
Honestly here's my safest bet for what will come to the channel, remember it's still in it's early stages and the unexpected can happen.

WBD's back catalog (HB, WBA, MGM pre-86, RS, Turner)
I mean, WBD partnered with Weigel just to form this channel, I would be a bit of a bummer if they miss great chances to air some shows but let's stay optimistic :)

NBCUniversal (Dreamworks Classics, UCS/Walter Lantz) 70%

NBCU seem to be eager to release content onto MeTV Toons, infact MeTV has had a resurgance in their Classic Media and Walter Lantz IPs. The only aspect NBCU is lacking on the channel is the Universal Cartoon Studios library.

Wildbrain (DIC/Cookie Jar/Cinar?) 65%
Wildbrain love to distribute their programs. Only airing Inspector Gadget is a crime itself since DIC is one of the studios that absolutely had a foothold in 80s animation. I think there is a chance that we will see Dennis the Meance and maybe Gadgetinis. They also struck a deal with the Ward estate as their sole distributor, which is the reason why we have the show on the channel.

Paramount (Terrytoons/TMNT/Rest of Harvey) 50/50

It was confirmed that TMNT was on their radar and so was the Terrytoons. Now I think it's split decision on Paramount's end since they are going for several reformations but I think it can happen

Sony Pictures Television (Adelaide Productions/Silvergate) 45%

Alot of their shows are too recent and shows that people wouldn't consider classics in any capacity.

Disney (BVS/TVA/Classic Shorts) ???

Who knows? Would Disney be eager or miss a huge chance to air these shows on a low maintenance channel. Who knows?

ToonRo

10 episodes of the Beetlejuice cartoon will air after Jonny Quest on September 7th (to celebrate the release of the "Beetlejuice Beetlejuice" movie).

Last edited:

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Can Transformers and G.I. Joe air on MeTV Toons? Bc they were both made in the 80s.
Possibly. They’re not in the WB archives, but the shows can be found for free on Tubi and other FAST services AND YouTube, so I assume they’re not too expensive. Only hurdle is that Weigel isn’t doing business with Hasbro right now, but that didn’t stop them from making first-time deals with WildBrain at the channel’s launch. So it’s a definite possibly later on.

Moe

Can Transformers and G.I. Joe air on MeTV Toons? Bc they were both made in the 80s.
Like Tacomaster said, Weigel don't have syndication rights with Hasbro and in my opinion, schedule/lineup constraint is likely blame and it means MeTV Toons don't have much room to left to add more cartoon shows and other possible reason is weak ads market that make slightly difficult and expensive for Weigel to have 48 different TV shows.

There are some Weigel networks got slightly less variety because of weak ads market but not awful when compared to cable channels, especially MTV, Nicktoons and more others.

I think it is easier for Weigel to get syndication rights of Hasbro shows than Disney and Paramount.

Disney (BVS/TVA/Classic Shorts) ???

Who knows? Would Disney be eager or miss a huge chance to air these shows on a low maintenance channel. Who knows?
Odd would be better if Disney enter FAST business and enable FAST services to receive their channels, rather than limit to Disney owned apps. If old contents with Disney+ don't grow well, so Disney would have to consider the option is more worse, imprisoned in vault or more better, allow networks to buy syndication rights, or neutral, confine to Disney+.

Disney supplied 20th Century shows to Weigel networks like M*A*S*H, The Fall Guy and The Unit and can't think about ABC/Touchstone, however Laff, not owned by Weigel carry some ABC/Touchstone and Comet, again, not owned by Weigel carry some 20th Century shows only. Most difficult would be Disney branded shows like DuckTales, so it would have a miracle to make a happen to be shown on MeTV Toons.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts