Votes: 1 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
myheroacademiaseason7.jpg

Episode 7 "Inflation" - June 15, 2024
Even though Shigaraki's Quirks are sealed, he attacks Bakugo and the others with a strange new appearance and power. Meanwhile, Deku is pulled to where Toga was warped and Todoroki and Dabi face off!

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Narrator calls it like it is. :D

Asui still rocks.

And Deku is in a classic DBZ Goku dilemma. Has to hold back but needs to get to the big bad asap.

The twists with Shigaraki's power have no shock factor anymore, you just expect there is one automatically. And in general, from here to the end of the battles it will be battle shonen one-up-manship stuff over and over. I doing this, I developed this new thing, I'll counter it in a new way, monologuing, attack, counter blah blah.

Hmm, can they stop Dabi or will Dabi go supernova? Glad that question was finally asked, why he never went back home.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 8 "Two Flashfires" - June 22, 2024
Even though Shigaraki's Quirks are sealed, he attacks Bakugo and the others with a strange new appearance and power. Meanwhile, Deku is pulled to where Toga was warped and Todoroki and Dabi face off!

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Not that we didn't know already, but Endeavor is a terrible father once again. That being said, Shoto is right, the actions that Dabi/Toya did are his own, not Endeavor. Also, not sure if this is it for Dabi but the battle seemed kinda anti-climatic.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Had a feeling it would end with Shoto calling him out and using a new ultimate move that was a full circle for his arc. Defeating in Dabi in one episode? I'm a little skeptical about that. I'm thinking Dabi uses a kamikaze final move to kill himself and everyone around him.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
It looks like Toonami waiters will have to wait a very long time, but at least I'm only two weeks behind he sub as a dub waiter. So this looks to be the (presumably very long and drawn out) final battle with Shigaraki and All for One. The dub had lots of fun with Best Jeanist puns. "This situation was tailored to your defeat." Looks like Mirko is going to lose another fight. Looks like Midoriya vs. Toga might happen before he fights Shigaraki and/or One for All.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 9 "Extras" - June 29, 2024
Shoto Todoroki stopped Dabi with his Great Glacial Aegir, and reports of that bolstered the spirits of the heroes fighting in other locations. And Shoto and Dabi's father, Endeavor, is facing the greatest evil, All For One, with Hawks!

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Dub is at episode 145 and the climactic matchups have been setup and they aren't surprising at all. Dabi vs Shoto was obviously telegraphed as was Toga vs. the main 1A girls. We're almost guaranteed to get the cliché of heroes get their butt beat by Shigaraki until Midoriya arrives for the really for really for real final battle. This is a pretty by the books execution for the climactic arc with everything going exactly as expected, but next week the dub for 146 comes and that looks like an actual fight episode rather than the mostly setup episode 145 was. Interested to see how well the climactic fights turn out.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Endeavor needs to find a way to overcome his weakness when it comes to his sons and beat All For One. Cool seeing Shota's victory reverberating with the other heroes during their battles.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
The dub is on the Todoroki vs Dabi episode and that was a disappointing battle. It was a twenty minute staring contest with a 90 second fight scene with flashbacks taking up half the runtime. This was Toei pacing if I've ever seen it. The actual animation was decent if short. It seems like the fight scenes have gone way downhill since the MVA arc in season 5 and I was hoping things would recover with the big climactic war arc.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 10 "Wounded Hero, Burning Bright and True!!" - July 13, 2024
Before the threat of All For One, Endeavor falls, and Hawks, Jiro, and Tokoyami are also cornered. Even so, Jiro acts like a hero! Endeavor is also encouraged after looking back at his own life.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
They are not holding back on maiming pro heroes or students as we head towards the finale...

The one thing I did like was Hawks, Jiro, and Tokoyami were just there to weaken him, mainly his helmet/support system. Added bonus his quirk copies are feeling a little rebellious. But then y'know that was just false hope - because of course after that, after Endeavor weakening his defense, after using the Prominenence Burn trump card (really turning into the Spirit Bomb of MHA) - of course, AFO had a back up plan. Knowing him he probably had 50 back up plans.

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Endeavor's whole attack actually kinda reminded me of Tien's battle with Nappa from DBZ, even down to losing his arm.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Dub is on the episode "Extras" which has a few minor characters like Mina and Kirishima actually doing something. Still, the majority of resources went into the Hawks and Endeavor vs All for One. This is probably this season's best fight and was an actual fight rather than the Todoroki vs Dabi staring contest with a few punches thrown in.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member

Episode 11 "Light Fades To Rain" - July 20, 2024
Bakugo's Howitzer Impact didn't work against Shigaraki/All For One, either, and Bakugo is pushed into a corner by Shigaraki's power and words. In order to get him out of that predicament, U.A.'s Big Three take a stand!

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I wanted to mention this earlier but shout-out to the animators for making Shigaraki's finger tentacle attack super creepy, even with cel-shading/CGI.

Also, looks like we found Shigaraki's weakness is saying he has no friends.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Programming note. No new episode next week because of the Olympics. Next new episode is August 3.

Making us think the Big 3 were gonna die then pull the rug on us with Bakugo... just when we see some classic Bakugo - figuring out the timing of Shigaraki's growths, a new ability and using to also augment his speed. But not enough. It'd be some big twist if Bakugo somehow barely survives this...

Guess it's going into grim mode until Midoriya reaches the coffin a la Goku trying to get to the Saiyan battle against Nappa and Vegeta but all his allies die one by one.

Last edited:

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Programming note. No new episode next week because of the Olympics. Next new episode is August 3.

Making us think the Big 3 were gonna die then pull the rug on us with Bakugo... just when we see some classic Bakugo - figuring out the timing of Shigaraki's growths, a new ability and using to also augment his speed. But not enough. It'd be some big twist if Bakugo somehow barely survives this...

Guess it's going into grim mode until Midoriya reaches the coffin a la Goku trying to get to the Saiyan battle against Nappa and Vegeta but all his allies die one by one.

Aaah, I was thinking the same thing with that DBZ comparison. We just need one of the heroes to scream out "Midoriya why aren't you you here, we need you!"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Well, it's official. I'm a staff member now.
WBD announced a Animation Mania sale for Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, WB Animation, DC, and Hanna Barbara titles for digital media retailers for under $30

who up jorkin their pork rn
Yesterday, one of the DTVA shows that Disney tends to overlook, has turned 20 years old. I am talking about Brandy and Mr. Whiskers, which premiered yesterday, 21st August 2004.

MV5BZDZhMmUyNGMtMjE4My00ZGFlLWJiNWQtNjM1OTAzZWJlMGZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA4OTIyMzY@._V1_.jpg

As of yesterday morning already full NFL Slimetime Rookie Special has been added to youtube Nickelodeon.

Featured Posts