My Mock/Fanmade Adult Swim Bumps

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Hello everyone. JMTV here. This is my thread of mock/fanmade Adult Swim bumps.

The reason why I'm making my own Adult Swim bumps is because I've been really loving the black and white text lately. It's so simple, but it works. I love its snarky and sarcastic jokes and being so genuinely creative on how to work around its limitations. The music choices within these bumps are so awesome and super catchy. Like low-key super catchy.

With me growing up, I wasn't really into Adult Swim as much as Cartoon Network, but over the years, I'm very aware its existence. For a long time, I always grow fondly of Cartoon Network more because it is a lot more appealing to me. I love CN's rich history and I love their shows and blocks. Not to say Adult Swim was bad, but it was just wasn't for me.

That being said, my memory with Adult Swim as a kid goes all the way back in 2012 when Toonami came back, which got my exposure to the history of Toonami for the very first time. Another exposure to Adult Swim was the story of the Boston Bomb incident, which was my first impression of Aqua Teen Hunger Force (unfortunately lol) And probably my last exposure to Adult Swim was the story about the Dexter's Lab banned Rude Removal episode. I remember Pan Pizza (RebelTaxi99) made a video about Rude Removal and as a kid, I thought it was fascinating. I really wanted to know what happened to that episode. I wasn't in the #TellJeff and #RudeRemoval Twitter crusade because I don't have social media back then, but I want to see Rude Removal. Of course, now we got in the next year, and I thought it was so funny, even if they censored the cursing, but I digress.

After a while, as I grew older, I moved on from Cartoon Network and TV in general. Sure, I watch TV for Harvey Beaks and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic at the time, but I was getting so bitter towards cable television that there's no point of me even watching stuff on TV anymore when I can watch shows online and on YouTube.

It took me until at least 2018 when I was in a web development online class at technical college, I need something to watch to kept myself relax over this overwhelming amount to schoolwork. Then, I watched Captain B. Zarre's videos of old Cartoon Network and Adult Swim commercials from the early 2000's. 2003 to be exact. I remember seeing the full Adult Swim block from August of 2003 in that tape, and I absolutely loved it. It was a really great experience to see what was Adult Swim like back then, a simple Cartoon Network block for adults before it became its own half-channel. I remember after the Futurama and Family Guy reruns within that tape, Adult Swim Action comes on with FLCL. I remember seeing that bump with the silhouette with one of the main characters in the anime and have some really cool effects, along with really great music in the background. To say I was immediately blown away would be a massive understatement. Despite the bumps looks simple and basic, the really cool effects on Adult Swim Action bumps was got me so invested. I don't know what it is, but I really adore it. Then, I remember seeing the Blue Gender bumps with some really boppin' music. After that, was the Trigun bumps and seeing the silhouettes of the Trigun characters was so cool. Finally, the Cowboy Bebop bumps and it's the best bumps out of all of them, hands down. Great silhouettes of each Cowboy Bebop character, god-teir amazing music, and super awesome effects for the silhouettes. It's such a perfect combination of everything I love about the Adult Swim bumps, and I really miss that.

After a while, I begin to watch some old Adult Swim bumps from the Pools era, I started to love Adult Swim even more because it had such a subdued vibe than anything going on at Cartoon Network at the time. Although, that was pretty short-lived because I begin watch Cartoon Network again and focus a lot more on that.

From recent years in 2019-2024, I've been laser focused on Cartoon Network and barely paid attention to Adult Swim. Sure, I was annoyed when that start at 8pm, but that was the least of my problems. It wasn't until 2023 when Warner Bros Discovery came to array, Adult Swim has begin to shown the spotlight when My Adventures with Superman and Unicorn Warriors Eternal (two shows were originally supposed to be on Cartoon Network back in 2020-2021) airing on Adult Swim, and its retro block dedicated to Cartoon Cartoons called Checkered Past also came out on that same timeframe.

When I heard about this news, I wasn't really all that surprised. I'm not going to talk about it here since it has been talked about to death, but let's just say, ever since the merger happened, I lost interest in Cartoon Network after that. So I did check out Checkered Past now and again, and I do love that, and I did watch Toonami when there's nothing else is on, and I do enjoy that as well, but again, the whole WBD fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth that it's hard for me to be enthusiastic about anything going on at Cartoon Network, and Adult Swim to some extent.

Now, this year in 2024, I went from being cool with Adult Swim to have a love/hate relationship with Adult Swim to liking Adult Swim again. Here's the thing. When I heard about Invincible Fight Girl (and again, another show was originally supposed to be on Cartoon Network back in 2022) being moved to Adult Swim, I was so aggravated because it left Cartoon Network with nothing to look forward just because of the show has violence very frequently. Not gonna lie, I was huffing and puffing all that copium and blame Adult Swim for everything lol. I know that's an over exaggeration, but I left very annoyed. Though, overtime, I begin to accept it because there's nothing I can do to change anyone's minds. let alone WBD, but I digress.

Finally, what really got me back to Adult Swim again was the fact that Smiling Friends has become a huge thing. I binge watched the first season, and I absolutely loved it. Then, I was able catch the Season 2 episodes of Smiling Friends when it premiered on Sundays, and man, all the episodes were banger after banger after banger. It's just that good. As time went on, when I was loving Smiling Friends, I've been watching old school Adult Swim shows for the first time, and I've been loving Adult Swim ever since.

So that's my history Adult Swim.

With that said, I wanted to do my own version of Adult Swim bumps. This year, ever since I got into a multimedia design class in another technical college, I love playing around with Adobe Photoshop in my own spare time when it's not part of my school work. I thought it would be a fun idea to do fanmade Adult Swim bumps just like it was back in 2003 and 2004, but in my own style. For what I recall, Adult Swim did say the bumps were made in Adobe Photoshop (and Adobe After Effects for ASA), so it's perfect.

Alright, with that out of the way, HERE WE GO!!!

("Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favour of fair use.".)

Cartoon Network Signs off at 5pm.

5pm. It's time for Adult Swim.

MIzDaho.png

(30 secs ) Music: Sidewalk Strolling-Instrumental (Full length) GAL049-1 Nu Jazz

9jTNczH.png

G2fSFSX.png

KmOkTIP.png

x268EbV.png

HuSeeKZ.png

agp4WZh.png

saKCwvE.png

NmmyM7p.png

Pa6EQR3.png

iPZNqge.png

mZsmbEP.png

L7WYVso.png

q7EBfL1.png

0xZovid.png

CHjbXeO.png

sDRTdM8.png

Now, it's time for Checkered Past.

Last edited:

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Continuing onwards...

(After Checkered Past ended from their 5-7 timeslot)

(Commercial breaks)

AdultSwimCard1.png

(15 sec) Key Point-Instrumental (Full length) GAL049-13

AdultSwimCard2.png

AdultSwimCard18.png

AdultSwimCard19.png

AdultSwimCard20.png

AdultSwimCard21.png

AdultSwimCard22.png

AdultSwimCard23.png

(King of the Hill Starts Now)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Short AS Bump for King of the Hill.

Announcer: King of the Hill was brought to you by....

AdultSwimCard37.png

....Adult Swim.

AdultSwimCard38.png

JMTV

Tater Tot!
(Commercial breaks)

Adult Swim Lineup Bump

(30 sec) Mandeer-14494 Mauro Caccialanza, PRS|Pandit Dinesh, PRS|Stephen Luscombe, PRS Asian Beets Culture

AdultSwimCard2.png

AdultSwimCard24.png

AdultSwimCard26.png

AdultSwimCard27.png

AdultSwimCard28.png

AdultSwimCard29.png

AdultSwimCard30.png

(Cuts to King of the Hill)

(end credits)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
My Fanmade Adult Swim Scenery Bump

(15 sec) Developing Stages-Instrumental-GAL049-7

AdultSwimScenery1.png

(FUN FACT: This is one my photos I taken for my multimedia design class just to learn how to use the camera and how it function through ISO, speed shutter, and aperture, and rule of thirds. Then, I have to edit in Photoshop to make it black and white. That was my first time actually doing Photoshop editing, and it was somewhat tricky for me, but I begin to learn more about black and white Photoshop editing when I watch some tutorials online, and I'm started to get the hang of it. So, I took those lessons from my class, and made my Adult Swim bump out of it. From the looks of it, it came out really well.)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
My Another Adult Swim Scenery Bump

(15 sec) At Last-Psyche Origami-Is Ellipsis

8UhNomQ.jpeg

(FUN FACT: I thought of an idea of scenery Bob's Burgers bump by using a actual veggie burger, and plastered Meatwad's face on the burger. Plus, adding a signature "AS" initial written in mustard, and edited in Photoshop. I really like when it came out)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Another Mock/Fanmade Adult Swim Bump

(15 sec) Hot Fidelity-Backing Vocals Only (Full Version)-GAL052-13

AdultSwimCard140.png

AdultSwimCard141.png

AdultSwimCard142.png

Ev6HN7N.jpeg

AdultSwimCard143.png

AdultSwimCard144.png

(FUN FACT: I thought of an idea of an AS bump from looking at my old photos from years ago. I thought the 3D Hotdog Meatwad bit really clicked with me. I reused my old picture of an hotdog as if Meatwad was realistic 3D)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
AdultSwimCard1.png

Another Adult Swim Scenery Bump starring American Dad.

(15 sec) Fatima Al Qadiri - Star Spangled

19I7dYK.jpeg

(American Dad intro)

(FUN FACT: I thought of an idea for an American Dad bump, so I used the Fourth of July American Flag as a representation for the show, American Dad)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Another Mock Adult Swim Scenery Bump

(15 sec) Closure-Minamina Goodsong (Time For Breakfast)

NvKhwiL.jpeg

G Major....oooooooooohhhh.....

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Another Fanmade Adult Swim Bump

(30 sec) Urban Groove-Backing Vocals Only (GAL049-9)

AdultSwimCard2.png

AdultSwimCard109.png

AdultSwimCard110.png

AdultSwimCard111.png

AdultSwimCard112.png

AdultSwimCard113.png

AdultSwimCard114.png

AdultSwimCard115.png

AdultSwimCard114.png

AdultSwimCard115.png

AdultSwimCard116.png

AdultSwimCard117.png

(American Dad outro)

(Intentional or Coincidence? You make the call)

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Another Obligatory Adult Swim Fanmade Scenery Bump featuring Aquaman

(15 sec) Dance All Night-Instrumental (Full length) (GAL053-13)

QpN6Ydm.jpeg

(I thought of an idea of Aquaman Dance Party bump similar to 2001 spot. Once again, I took one of the pictures for my multimedia design class, and reuse it as a bump. I took a screenshot of Aquaman from this video, and plaster in Photoshop. I love this recreation because it exactly look like the 2001 Adult Swim bump if it was used today.)

Last edited:

JMTV

Tater Tot!
Another Fanmade Adult Swim Scenery Bump

(15 sec) Dead Right (Instrumental)- Psyche Origami (Nuff Teef (vinyl))

NMaaiBS.jpeg

Very Adult Swim Action 2004 //FUJIYAMA// 06:02 AM bump inspired...

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts