New Jetix Schedule (6/13): The Tick Included

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
I don't think this news has made its way to Toon Zone yet...

This new schedule will take effect June 13th on ABC Family and Toon Disney. As you can see, The Tick will be on Toon Disney 7 times a week and ABC Family once each week. Fewer weekday episodes of Power Rangers, but no one thought the hour long run would last forever. The "Super Picks" will be episodes of various shows based on internet voting.

ABC Family:
Mondays
7:00am Spider-Man
7:30am Battle B-Daman
8:00am Power Rangers Generations
8:30am Power Rangers DinoThunder

Tuesdays
7:00am Incredible Hulk

Wednsdays
7:00am Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!

Thursdays
7:00am X-Men

Fridays
7:00am Power Rangers S.P.D.

Saturdays
7:00am Battle B-Daman
7:30am Shinzo
8:00am Dragon Booster
8:30am Digimon
9:00am W.I.T.C.H.
9:30am Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
10:00am Power Rangers S.P.D.
10:30am Fantastic Four
11:00am Super Picks
11:30am Power Rangers Generations

Sundays
7:00am Battle B-Daman
7:30am Shinzo
8:00am Dragon Booster
8:30am Digimon
9:00am W.I.T.C.H.
9:30am Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
10:00am Power Rangers S.P.D.
10:30am Spider-Man
11:00am The Tick
11:30am Power Rangers Generations

Toon Disney:
Monday
7:00pm Digimon
7:30pm Power Rangers S.P.D.
8:00pm Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go!
8:30pm W.I.T.C.H.
9:00pm Power Rangers Generations
9:30pm Beyblade G Revolution
10:00pm Shinzo
10:30pm Spider-Man
11:00pm The Tick
11:30pm X-Men

Tuesday-Thursday
7:30pm Power Rangers Generations
8:30pm Power Rangers DinoThunder
9:00pm Digimon
9:30pm Beyblade

Friday
7:30pm Power Rangers S.P.D.
9:00pm Power Rangers Generations
9:30pm Beyblade G Revolution

Saturday
7:00pm Power Rangers Generations
7:30pm Power Rangers DinoThunder
9:00pm Super Picks
9:30pm Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
10:00pm Gargoyles

Sunday
7:00pm Power Rangers Generations
7:30pm Power Rangers DinoThunder
9:00pm Dragon Booster
9:30pm Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
10:00pm Gargoyles

Source: Rangerboard (kyl415)

Freedom Fighter

If that's true, then ABC Family's entire 8-10:30 lineup has been flip-flopped. I think it's understandable, though... don't SPD, Monkey Team, and WITCH get better ratings than Digimon and Dragon Booster?

I can imagine Power Rangers fans being confused like crazy, but at the same time, a bit happier that they won't have to wake up as early on Saturdays.

'The Tick' is back, too? It's probably just a summer thing, but... wow. It wasn't a great series, mind you, but the animated version was SO much better than the live-action version, and I might watch a few episodes just for nostalgia.

sag_2002

Cool schedule!
-Good to see the Hulk back, even if it is at a lousy time.

-Fantastic Four! Which version is this? (I'm assuming one of the two 90's versions)

-THE TICK! Fox Kids fans will be quite happy about this.

-Well, the ABC Family W.i.t.c.h. is moved to an earlier time, which may affect my sleep pattern (Mew Mew Power, new episodes of Winx Club will also potentially mess things up for me.) Best thing about the new sked: 4 chances to catch W.i.t.c.h. with the added Saturday and Sunday airings.

Knightmare

Yay, the Tick is back. SPPOOOOONNN!!!!

I guess Dino Thunder is back until S.P.D. has enough episodes to make weekday runs, wish they just kept it PR Generations though.

Anyone know if their planning something for the Fantastic Four movie like they did with the Spider-Man and Hulk ones?

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Basically Battle B-Daman replaces Beyblade on weekdays, The Tick replaces Gargoyles, and the All Stars lineup is completly different. It'll be an interesting summer for certain.

As for the weekend ABC Family lineup, it'll either help them, or hurt them. It looks like they are going from the lowest rated show to the highest rate show, but it could also hurt them if they put there best shows up against other networks best shows.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
It's been about four years since PR was on at a time other than 8:30 on Saturday mornings (first on Fox Kids, then ABC Family). I wish we knew what the ratings were and if they're on the same kind of uptick as the SPD ratings on ABC Kids.

Also, Beyblade is now totally off the ABC Family schedule, and they're dropping it with just two episodes left to show.

Harkens back to when they dropped Medabots with ONE episode unaired!

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
SteveR said:
Also, Beyblade is now totally off the ABC Family schedule, and they're dropping it with just two episodes left to show.

Harkens back to when they dropped Medabots with ONE episode unaired!
Well, Beyblade did actually get the air all of it's episodes on Toon Disney, and it will still air on Toon Disney. It looks like slowly but surely Toon Disney is becoming the premeire network. They premeired Shinzo episodes, Beyblade episodes, and now W.I.T.C.H. episodes. They'd betyter not get the premeires for PR though is Disney has any brains left at all.

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
bigddan11 said:
Well, Beyblade did actually get the air all of it's episodes on Toon Disney, and it will still air on Toon Disney. It looks like slowly but surely Toon Disney is becoming the premeire network. They premeired Shinzo episodes, Beyblade episodes, and now W.I.T.C.H. episodes. They'd better not get the premeires for PR though is Disney has any brains left at all.
I agree! There was a LOT of movement and re-prioritizing of product in these schedule changes. Not only was Beyblade made TD-only, but Battle B-Daman was made Fam-only and pushed to the 7 a.m. outskirts.

It also looks like they're streamlining the core of the lineup to just three shows -- WITCH, SRMTHG and SPD -- with SPD marking Disney's strongest move in the 10:00 slot. In all their lineup configurations, I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd time they've used a first-run show at 10:00.

To me, two shows got "demoted" -- B-Daman and Dragon Booster (8:00 weekends on Fam and only 1 Sunday night showing on TD).

And two shows got "promoted" -- SRMTHG (7 days on TD in advance of its new Fall season and addition to the ABC Kids lineup) and SPD, although I'm uneasy with the move and we have no source for ratings to see if it works.

SPD-on-ABC Kids got its highest rating of the season on May 14 at 12:30 (with half the nation unable to see it, to boot) so maybe Disney is thinking PR would play well at a later time on ABC Fam as well.

I guess there will be two times down the road that will be an indicator of if Disney views the move to 10:00 as a success: 1) when they announce the Fall schedule (they've announced the shows, just not any times), and 2) when Mystic Force premieres next February.

If they want to go back to ol' reliable 8:30, it might just happen in one of these two occasions.

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
Well, Dragon Booster was only a 13 episode order, and they've already aired 14 episodes this year so I can understand the earlier move for them. It shouldn't have any more episodes this year.

As far as B-Daman goes, I'm surprised it'll be hitting the weekday airway this early. It barely has 3 weeks worth of episodes, but that 7 AM slot does make it where it doesn't have any real rivals (the other networks begin airing their main programming at 8 AM), so it may actually help it. It certainly did for Shinzo at 7:30.

I do think it would be better though to air Iron Man over The Tick, but if The Tick has a movie coming later this year, then I can understand throwing it onto the lineup. I do wish they'd keep Gargoyles though over The Tick.

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

Don't like the move of SPD, considering I now will not be able to watch it before work, but will probably try to squeeze my tape of it between work and Toonami.

Tick's back, which's good. Don't like how it kills half of the Sunday Power Rangers Generations (the half I could catch), but what'll you do.

Note that the highlights are the Saban-originated shows...

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
Knux Five said:
Tick's back, which's good. Don't like how it kills half of the Sunday Power Rangers Generations (the half I could catch), but what'll you do.

It's not removing PRG, the first Sunday episode has been moved to Saturdays. I know that doesn't help you since you work on Saturdays, but the rest of us don't mind much. Besides, they'll be on LR episodes for the summer anyway (we just got all 30 Disney has approved back in March).

Funny you should mention a shift to Saban shows. Just last month I sent Jetix a message (using their very hard to find feedback page) telling them that they should use more of the shows they got from Fox Kids. I even told them they should market them as if they are new because most of their audience would think they're new. Now I see ads calling "The Tick" a "New Series." Now we just need Beetleborgs, Mystic Knights, Ninja Turtles:TNM, Samurai Pizza Cats, and a full run of PR (all 534 pre-SPD episodes). On that topic, I wonder if Disney owns Masked Rider; last I heard Fox Kids & Saban let the U.S. rights expire due to poor ratings.

Style

The Green Style Returns
sag_2002 said:
-THE TICK! Fox Kids fans will be quite happy about this.
There is a God...

Heh, Fox Kids was the place to hang out for great toons in the early '90s. It was great. Nice that Toon Disney is picking up the reruns, (even if I can't STAND the way their whole "Jetix" time block presents itself. It's an extremely poor man's Toonami.) Shoot, at this point, maybe the should Pick up Batman: The Animated Series to make the reuninion complete!:D

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

What do you bet that the Super Picks will be dominated by Power Rangers?

Yeah, I believe Saban let the Masked Rider rights expire. Hence why we haven't seen the MMPR arc "A Friend In Need" in years. They didn't get the whole "99 years everywhere but Japan" contract like they did for Super Sentai.

Dogbert

I Don't See Gravity
Knux Five said:
What do you bet that the Super Picks will be dominated by Power Rangers?
So far all the ads say you vote for "episodes." So unless they list a few specific episodes from different series, the "Super Picks" could be only one series each week, with the voters only getting to choose which episode from that series airs. However, if you are right, PR will be a sure thing whenever it's on the ballot.
Knux Five said:
Yeah, I believe Saban let the Masked Rider rights expire. Hence why we haven't seen the MMPR arc "A Friend In Need" in years. They didn't get the whole "99 years everywhere but Japan" contract like they did for Super Sentai.
According to GrnRngr.com's Today in Power Rangers History, no episodes of the A Friend In Need arc have aired in the U.S. since March 6, 1996 (the third and final U.S. airing). So I believe you are correct there, Knux Five. With Disney working so closely with the Super Sentai crew now, I doubt they would have much trouble getting the rights back. I believe Maximum Entertainment got the DVD rights from Disney in Europe, so it can't be that expensive.

Donald Duck 12

Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!
Knux Five said:

It does, but the Tick isn't Saban. Graz produced it with Akom, Disney didn't own this they have had to acquire it. A very interesting move, and a good one I might add. Someone once posted somewhere that Disney acquired the airing rights to Eek!. More Saban cartoons being pulled out. More Fox Kids cartoons being acquired. More originals coming. Strange days are ahead!

And Beyblade gone from ABC Family? :mad:

Anyways, this is a very excellent line-up!

Chad Bonin

a.k.a. Knux Five
Staff member
Reporter

It does, but the Tick isn't Saban. Graz produced it with Akom, Disney didn't own this they have had to acquire it.
Saban held the rights the show. Comedy Central picked it up a few years back, but I'm guessing the deal went default when Disney acquired Saban, or Comedy Central just let in lapse when they finally realized the R U Still Up block was Adult Swim-lite.

And Beyblade gone from ABC Family? :mad:
I know, it is a good day. Now I'm just slightly scared of the infection of Battle B-Damans throughout the block.

Now, how hard would it be for Power Rangers Generations on Sunday be the "lost episodes" that just haven't aired on Jetix yet.

According to GrnRngr.com's Today in Power Rangers History, no episodes of the A Friend In Need arc have aired in the U.S. since March 6, 1996 (the third and final U.S. airing).
Seriously? I knew it was a while, but I would never fathom it was back when MMPR was still on (PRZ started fall '96, right?).

Honestly? If Disney ever seriously considers DVD Box Sets, I could see them picking up the rights again (nobody else holds them in America) just for, say, "Masked Rider: The Complete Series" and "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Season 3 Part 1" to have A Friend In Need.

... ya know, I could never figure out why Kimberly was seperated from the others for that arc. It's not like they used any sentai footage outside of the Megazord battle and minor Kamen Rider footage of Count Dregon and others...

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Knux Five said:
... ya know, I could never figure out why Kimberly was seperated from the others for that arc. It's not like they used any sentai footage outside of the Megazord battle and minor Kamen Rider footage of Count Dregon and others...
My guess is that this episode was the first of the "Susie Q" episodes, episodes in which Amy Jo Johnson's screen time was limited due to her working on the film Susie Q (with production of the film eventually leading to Amy Jo leaving the series midway through the show's third season).

As for the Tick appearing on Jetix: That's definitely going to be interesting ("Bad man hit dog with street!").

Viceroy

took the brown acid
Dogbert said:
Funny you should mention a shift to Saban shows. Just last month I sent Jetix a message (using their very hard to find feedback page) telling them that they should use more of the shows they got from Fox Kids. I even told them they should market them as if they are new because most of their audience would think they're new. Now I see ads calling "The Tick" a "New Series." Now we just need Beetleborgs, Mystic Knights, Ninja Turtles:TNM, Samurai Pizza Cats, and a full run of PR (all 534 pre-SPD episodes).
What's more, I remember during its surprise late 90s run on Fox, Dungeons and Dragons had a Saban logo on the end credits, suggesting that Saban had acquired rights to the show. Does that mean Disney now owns D&D? Would they also own rights to other B-level Marvel cartoons like Little Wizards and Dino-Riders?

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts