New "Peanuts" media coming to Apple

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I know that Charles Schulz himself wasn’t a fan of how “Girl in the Red Truck” turned out, but how are Apple TV+ “cowards” for not adding it? In any case, I do hope they add it some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's my way of saying they didn't add it ,but they should have added it.

same here, my guess sony pictures home entertainment will handle the home video releases of Apple TV peanuts specials given sony owns half of peanuts
They own 39% of it, Wildbrian owns 41% . Schulz Family owns 20% I'm kind of impressed how Peanuts very much avoided American conglomerate ownership.

Asa

Do wish that Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Wild Brain and Schulz Family would put together a DVD/Blu Ray set of all 45 traditional TV specials. I want to buy it.
The last time we ever got any Peanuts DVD releases was in 2019. And that was the 2014 series.

Does Warner Home Video still carry the DVD rights to the cartoons or not anymore?

I do hope we can finally see a 1980's collection being released at some point (likely in two volumes similar to the 1970s set). And possibly a 1990's and a 2000's collection as well.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new Christmas episode of The Snoopy Show premieres on December 1st.

As for classics, a few of them will also be available to stream for free for limited times.

“It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” — Stream for Free Saturday, October 21 to Sunday, October 22

50th Anniversary of “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving” — Stream for Free Saturday, November 18 to Sunday, November 19

“A Charlie Brown Christmas” — Stream for Free Saturday, December 16 to Sunday, December 17

Last edited:

Corwin Haught

The last time we ever got any Peanuts DVD releases was in 2019. And that was the 2014 series.

Does Warner Home Video still carry the DVD rights to the cartoons or not anymore?

I do hope we can finally see a 1980's collection being released at some point (likely in two volumes similar to the 1970s set). And possibly a 1990's and a 2000's collection as well.
Warner is still printing discs of at least the big three specials and the MOD releases (I just bought a new copy of The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show from Amazon).

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
11/06/2023:
A new feature film is also in the works.

Apple TV+ has announced a new original “Peanuts” feature film from WildBrain and Peanuts Worldwide. The film will follow Snoopy and Charlie Brown’s biggest challenge yet, as the “Peanuts” characters embark on “an epic adventure to the Big City, learning the true meaning of friendship, while meeting some surprising new friends along the way.” Production from WildBrain Studios will begin in 2024.

Karey Kirkpatrick, known for “Chicken Run,” “Smallfoot” and “Over the Hedge,” co-wrote the screenplay from an original story by “The Peanuts Movie” writers Craig Schulz, Bryan Schulz and Cornelius Uliano. Additionally, “The Peanuts Movie” director Steve Martino will direct the new feature and two-time Oscar nominee Bonnie Arnold, known for the “How to Train Your Dragon” franchise and “Toy Story,” will produce.

(There are more comments in the article linked above)

Separate thread here-
Upcoming "Peanuts" Movie (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

01/11/2024:
Snoopy Presents: Welcome Home, Franklin premieres Friday, February 16 on Apple TV+.

Separate thread here-
"Snoopy Presents: Welcome Home, Franklin" (Apple TV+) News & Discussion

02/10:
Just a note, separate threads were started for the new shows and specials that premiered so far. Going forward, new projects can get their own topics.

This topic can continue to keep track of all the new projects (a list in the opening post should be updated on a regular basis), as well as what classic Peanuts media is available to stream, and any other relevant news.

Last edited:

Mejo

Ada-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-beddy-ya!
From the same program, here's some alternate animation from the "Failure Face" number (though incomplete):

Here are 2 cels from it too:
s-l1600 (19).jpg
s-l1600 (2).png

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
A deleted hallucination scene from A Boy Named Charlie Brown has turned up on YouTube

It was sourced from a 1987 Brazilian TV Animation Documentary called Lanterna Mágica.
A Boy Named Charlie Brown is best Peanuts movie, this would have bumped it up even more!

DeanBurrito25

A deleted hallucination scene from A Boy Named Charlie Brown has turned up on YouTube

It was sourced from a 1987 Brazilian TV Animation Documentary called Lanterna Mágica.
I am a 30 year old man and I am not at ease after watching this. :oops:

Maybe keeping it out was the right call. At least the alternate "Failure Face" scene doesn't feel as out there in comparison.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad

From the same program, here's some alternate animation from the "Failure Face" number (though incomplete):

Here are 2 cels from it too:
View attachment 307567View attachment 307568
Yeah, I'm actually kinda glad those sequences has been cut because.....man, this is so trippy as hell.

Reactions: Moe

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
San Diego Comic-Con panel info.

The History of Peanuts in Animation
Thursday July 25, 2024
10:00am - 11:00am PDT
Room 5AB

Rob (Boots) Boutilier (Camp Snoopy showrunner), Paige Braddock (chief creative officer, creative arts; an EP on new Apple TV+ Peanuts content), Stephanie Betts (EVP, content creation, Wildbrain; an EP on new Apple TV+ Peanuts content), Caleb Bellavance (voice of Franklin in Welcome Home Franklin), Jason Mendelson (Lee Mendelson Film Productions), and Todd Barbee (voice of Charlie Brown in A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving) discuss Peanuts' evolution from comic strip to 2D animated TV specials to 3D animation to today’s computer-animated original content that captures the classic feel of Charles Schulz’s Peanuts.

Frontier

Staff member
San Diego Comic-Con panel info.

The History of Peanuts in Animation
Thursday July 25, 2024
10:00am - 11:00am PDT
Room 5AB

Rob (Boots) Boutilier (Camp Snoopy showrunner), Paige Braddock (chief creative officer, creative arts; an EP on new Apple TV+ Peanuts content), Stephanie Betts (EVP, content creation, Wildbrain; an EP on new Apple TV+ Peanuts content), Caleb Bellavance (voice of Franklin in Welcome Home Franklin), Jason Mendelson (Lee Mendelson Film Productions), and Todd Barbee (voice of Charlie Brown in A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving) discuss Peanuts' evolution from comic strip to 2D animated TV specials to 3D animation to today’s computer-animated original content that captures the classic feel of Charles Schulz’s Peanuts.
Nice to see the Peanuts gang at comic-con :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

One nick@nite promo aired during Nickelodeon commercial breaks just today.
and tonight, the feature I am choosing to watch for what is left of the Summer Movie Nights marathon I created for myself is an animated film I did watch before, on TV, but not from the very start, plus I don't even know if I saw it till the very end.

MV5BYjBkM2RjMzItM2M3Ni00N2NjLWE3NzMtMGY4MzE4MDAzMTRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDUzOTQ5MjY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

some updates on 3 big Kids TV channels websites and apps..
Now here is something I never though I would see from (HBO) Max in America. Finally adding some classics that haven't been put there before!!! And yes, those are all coming this September

Featured Posts