wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition Revealed"​

GND_QAUXMAAev1e.jpg

"If you never bought a Wii U, it almost doesn’t matter, since nearly every original title for the system was brought over to the Switch years later. There are still a few holdouts, though…the most glaring to this reporter being NES Remix and its sequel. The games set up mini-challenges from over a dozen first-party NES games and had you marathon through them as quickly as you could. It was a lot of fun…and having to set the Wii U back up just to play it again is annoying.

But finally, NES Remix is coming back…sort of. It’s largely the same concept, but with a new makeover: Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition is meant to evoke the excitement of the real-life tournament of the same name, first held in 1990.

Each virtual tournament will have players racing through bite-size bits of the following NES classics in alphabetical order: Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong, Excitebike, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, Kirby’s Adventure, Metroid, Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels, The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. You can compete for the best times in global online leaderboards, or invite your friends over for simultaneous local competition that supports up to eight at once."

Read the full article here.

Also, here's the trailer:

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
I'll definitely buy it, NES Remix was a fun collection of challenges. My only concern is that I hope it stays playable indefinitely and doesn't "expire" after a certain period like Super Mario 35 did and, most likely, F-Zero 99 will.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
A new trailer for this came came out today (as part of today's Nintendo Direct), which makes it look more appealing to me:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts