(no politics) how impacted will mighty magiswords fandom be now?

harry580

in light of today’s news. I know this’ll be a hotbed for debates and then when someone gets hurt they’ll cry here like the old political threads we’ve had in the past but I don’t want this so I’m just asking this and I want it to be short: how much will this cartoon be affected along with the fandom?

Markus Nelis

Wasn't anything special. I tried to watch it, couldn't get into it because was too rushed (maybe 22 mins would have worked out better for plots but CN's favor is 11) . So I don't think it will impact in any way.

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
in light of today’s news. I know this’ll be a hotbed for debates and then when someone gets hurt they’ll cry here like the old political threads we’ve had in the past
You're seriously overestimating the popularity and impact of this show. Mighty Magiswords was an also ran in its prime.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Outside of some folks drawing fanservice and much less than savory to talk about material of it here..... Nah, m8. Just nah. On places like 4/8/whatever-else-Chan, however??? Anything goes. Back on subject, however.

Yeah - This show was universally bashed in its prime, when it first came out - mostly for good reasons, honestly & unfortunately enough (for anyone who may have liked it, which is unpopular opinion, right there.).

If anything, this news of its creator being the worst kind of criminal next to terrorist is only gonna earn this show even more hatred against it, in the end - mostly from not-so-rationially-minded people who can actual properly critique things, worst of all.
It's a lose-lose situation, both in its past & definitely going forward in its future.

More than anything, all I'm looking forward to is the human debris whom created it getting a proper life sentence & being made to be buried afterward under the prison itself - that won't happen as harshly as I would like, if only to send a message against such equally so human debris behavior, but whatever.

Light Lucario

Staff member
While I'm sure that some people do like it, Mighty Magisword was never particularly popular even when it ran on Cartoon Network. I assume that it has a relatively small fandom compared to many other Cartoon Network series. I never cared much for the show personally and the only thing that stood out to me about it was how the designs for the lead characters reminded me of characters from the Slayers anime.

The most I could see them doing is removing the show from Max, assuming it's there to begin with, but since it wasn't a huge hit to begin with, I don't know if they'll even do that. Not to mention I don't like how they tend to do that with their shows to begin with. Even with the creator being a terrible person, other people still worked hard making the series, so throwing it away would still be kind of messed up.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
Not all that much, to be quite honest. Even if the creator was a degenerate scumbag, Mighty Magiswords wasn't popular back when it first came out either.

Cartoon Network was trying so hard to hype it up due to the Magisword gimmick (and keep in mind, Mighty Magiswords was originally a web series for the Cartoon Network Anything app. Remember that?) and it failed miserably. A lot of people don't like how needlessly fast-paced it was, and the characters and stories weren't that interesting and I doubt any 7 year olds could get into compared to Gumball or hell, even TTG.

Though, to be fair, I can't speak on this for everyone since there are some people who do like Mighty Magiswords, but that's a small minority. I can only speak for myself since I do remember watching a handful of episodes of Mighty Magiswords years ago, and I just checked out. It just wasn't for me.

So, I don't think Mighty Magiswords will have any impact on the fandom (for what little they had) in any way because the show ended years ago and people already forgotten about it (although people remember it now because of this unfortunate news, but still).

The most I could see them doing is removing the show from Max, assuming it's there to begin with, but since it wasn't a huge hit to begin with, I don't know if they'll even do that.
Well, before the controversy, the show was removed from Max back in 2022. And I heard Hulu removed it shortly afterwards.

Ace

Ace
The show wasn't all that popular and even it's fandom was kind of overtaken by OK KO and other things that aired at the time. Most people have honestly forgotten about it by now.

Personal thoughts: Mighty Magiswords felt like a case of good potential terrible execution. Decent art and jokes aren't going to carry you out if what you have both looks and plays terrible on a technical level especially in regards to it's pacing and it's animation. Some people can stomach it but a lot of people can't and I just thought it felt sloppily put together.

If you like the show I don't think it's right to judge anymore for it. A whole team of people worked on and benefits from it.

Last edited:

DeanBurrito25

As far as CN's shows goes, Magiswords definitely fell in the niche/"cult classic" category, so I anticipate it won't make as much of a dent as it would if the show was on Adventure Time or Regular Show levels of popularity. That said, I'm sure some Zoomers will be nostalgic for it ten years from now, perhaps.

Thing is, Kyle's influence is so entrenched throughout the series (including every character he voiced), so it may prove harder to separate it from its creator than say, Ren and Stimpy when Bob Camp took over and Billy West did dual voice work for both characters following John K's firing. I hate to use the word "cursed", but that stink will always be there.

TheGuy

I'm Just TheGuy
The show wasn't all that popular and even it's fandom was kind of overtaken by OK KO and other things that aired at the time. Most people have honestly forgotten about it by now.

Personal thoughts: Mighty Magiswords felt like a case of good potential terrible execution. Decent art and jokes aren't going to carry you out if what you have both looks and plays terrible on a technical level especially in regards to it's pacing and it's animation. Some people can stomach it but a lot of people can't and I just thought it felt sloppily put together.

If you like the show I don't think it's right to judge anymore for it. A whole team of people worked on and benefits from it.
OK KO got attention because it was great and actually deserved attention. Honestly didn't know even know MM even had a fandom.... I doubt the situation will really have an effect much

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
OK KO got attention because it was great and actually deserved attention.
I know this is kinda off topic since this has nothing to do with it, but OK KO was getting a lot of attention, and that's true. However, with everything going on with the AT&T merger at the time pretty much going against the show's survival. I could go on about how much WarnerMedia fumbled the bag on OK KO and other shows, but that's a different discussion for another time.

Corwin Haught

OK KO got attention because it was great and actually deserved attention. Honestly didn't know even know MM even had a fandom.... I doubt the situation will really have an effect much

Rad actually appeared on Magiswords and there were hints of a romance with Witchy Simone. This was even referenced on a later OK K.O.! episode. I wonder if that will dent that show's legacy.

harry580

look, I sorry I created this thread, I just created this as a thought about what if people who started to remember this show greatly without knowing the creator

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So in case some of you didn't realise yet, those of you that know me from YouTube probably saw that today is a very bad day for me.
Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.

Featured Posts