Paramount shutting down its TV apps.

Moe

There is no report about whether Showtime channels would be rename to "Paramount+".

WBD didn't rename their HBO channels after service changed to HBO Max and Max.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
I think everything they are doing here is bad and they should feel bad. It feels they couldn't even merge Showtime and Paramount Plus correctly. Deciding to destroy Showtime's brand equity for a streaming service people don't care about is a bold step, not in a good way. They turned down $3 billion for showtime. Closing down useful apps is bad, they've not given evidence of offering a true replacement there. They haven't been clear on how the Paramount Plus Showtime stuff will work, minus saying some cable subscribers will get Paramount Plus stuff, but haven't said how, others will get just Showtime on demand. They just had their credit rating dropped, and they deserve it dropped. (Of course, when it's layoff time they are not going to have the people who are doing the things that don't make sense leave, they are going to hurt the local stations, CBS News, stuff like that, so that's sad. )

Moe

Ultimately, I had to delete my celebration post due to confusion with Paramount Global.

kanc

Yep, they added it back last year.
For nick.com, despite it added xfinity last year, however this time it asks for username and password for signing in. But last time back in late 2015 til early 2018 xfinity was added, it automatically signs in.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I think everything they are doing here is bad and they should feel bad. It feels they couldn't even merge Showtime and Paramount Plus correctly. Deciding to destroy Showtime's brand equity for a streaming service people don't care about is a bold step, not in a good way. They turned down $3 billion for showtime. Closing down useful apps is bad, they've not given evidence of offering a true replacement there. They haven't been clear on how the Paramount Plus Showtime stuff will work, minus saying some cable subscribers will get Paramount Plus stuff, but haven't said how, others will get just Showtime on demand. They just had their credit rating dropped, and they deserve it dropped. (Of course, when it's layoff time they are not going to have the people who are doing the things that don't make sense leave, they are going to hurt the local stations, CBS News, stuff like that, so that's sad. )
And then there are those rumors that Shari Redstone wants to sell Paramount Global, and the most likely suitor is David Ellison, owner of Skydance Media. I actually applaud this idea (allowing for Skydance to be completely folded into Paramount), but it’s ruined by beliefs from that Wells Fargo analyst Steve Cahall, and perhaps a few others, that the linear and streaming TV assets of Paramount Global would be sold off so Paramount can become an "arms dealer" like Sony Pictures, which only works better for the latter than anyone else. That’s why I HATE Cahall! He needs to go jump off a fiscal cliff.

harry580

I think its for the best, I mean, people would rather which these episodes on not only streaming services but also plutotv making use of these websites useless

Moe

Paramount Global hasn't add YouTube TV to allow me to watch on Paramount+, so boo boo to them.

I despise about what WBD did but they know better to run the business, so Paramount Global is definitely not.

Why? You get free access to Max if you subscribed HBO with pay TV operators, so not case with Paramount+/Showtime, exception of Spectrum, Hulu Live TV and DirecTV.

I guess that Google is waiting for next carriage negotiation, so YouTube TV would be added to Paramount+.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
They took the episodes off the TVLand and CMT sites, but the bad thing is they took the live stream off. So this bodes well for CC and MTV when they do it. I thought they put it under how to watch, saw cable providers and nope just takes me to the stream page of Xfinity in my case to just watch the stream there.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
There's more
With them deciding to wipe websites they are wiping websites hard all MTV News stuff is gone, CMT.com stuff is gone, Comedy Centrual stuff is gone.

Just archives and history gone.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
There's more
With them deciding to wipe websites they are wiping websites hard all MTV News stuff is gone, CMT.com stuff is gone, Comedy Centrual stuff is gone.

Just archives and history gone.
Yeah, that is so unfortunate. Hopefully, the old articles will be preserved on Wayback Machine.

CNNickFan

Invader Zim
I think its for the best, I mean, people would rather which these episodes on not only streaming services but also plutotv making use of these websites useless
I know I'm a month late to this but I strongly disagree

It's clear nobody wants to watch, let alone subscribe to P+ and Viacom is trying to make up for that by doing this
Yeah, that is so unfortunate. Hopefully, the old articles will be preserved on Wayback Machine.
Looks like they are. I just checked on IA and they seem to have a TON of articles preserved

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts