"Peacemaker (Max Series)" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Frontier

Staff member

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Let's face it; Good as The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker were at points, it's clear that Gunn even at the time due to having the freedom to write mostly whatever he wanted was writing them with his OWN idea of a DC Universe. I don't think he ever thought he'd wind up in charge of DC but I think he didn't want to incorporate any of the actual ideas and characters and lore from the DCEU as much as possible, thus why it feels at odd with the DCEU. Like Peacemaker/Chris's whole rant on how Batman just throws criminals in jail when BvS made clear at least for awhile Batman offed criminals or had them branded to be killed in prison. I guess a lot of the later DCEU films do try ignoring what happens in other DC films but Peacemaker was the one who kept bringing up other heroes and lore that again felt at odds with what was actually happening the most.

So I'm pretty clear what Gunn meant here but probably couldn't offically say was "the character's journey in the original film and series is the same... but you're going to have to ignore any of the specific DCEU ties or casting that aren't being carried because we're doing something else with this universe". Which yeah was always sort of a problem when bringing Gunn along when you wanted a clean slate but had also already had him do stuff with your universe; he wasn't going to clean slate the stuff HE invested time in. We'll see how it pans out in a year I guess but yeah it's clear anything with his thumb print on it before is going to be kept in some form or another in this DCU.

Frontier

Staff member

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Guess something really happens that makes the government scramble o_O.

I think the only thing from season 1 that isn't canon now is the Justice League showing up.
3/14: Fair to say Superman is going to make some waves and the world reacts.

Yeah, if you delete the DCEU connections and squint at The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker season 1 - probably good to go. Basically same deal as Arrowverse post-COIE.

4/5: Filming reportedly takes place between June and November 2024 and tentatively will wrap before Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts