Rachael Lillis

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
And she apparently has it pretty bad, currently needing care at a rest home.

It makes me mad. Lillis hasn't really been given any gigs in anything since Pokemon, and it wasn't from lack of trying. A tweet from her a few years ago where she was basically begging for work went viral; it was sad. Were I in charge of the industry, I would have hired her for a lot of things. Her talent has been completely wasted and ignored, and now this might really be the end of it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
And she apparently has it pretty bad, currently needing care at a rest home.

It makes me mad. Lillis hasn't really been given any gigs in anything since Pokemon, and it wasn't from lack of trying. A tweet from her a few years ago where she was basically begging for work went viral; it was sad. Were I in charge of the industry, I would have hired her for a lot of things. Her talent has been completely wasted and ignored, and now this might really be the end of it.
That's incredibly sad. I thought that she had just retired from voice acting before hearing about this since I think that the last role I heard her in was in Hunter x Hunter. It's extremely heartbreaking that she was practically begging for work. You'd think that being part of such iconic series like Pokemon and Revolutionary Girl Utena would have given her more of an edge in the voice acting industry. I'm sure that it's still tough. I'm not sure if Veronica Taylor has gotten much work after Dragon Ball Super myself, but that's just an extra sad layer to this already tragic story.

I heard about this about a week ago and it is still sad. Apparently, the cancer has already spread to her spine, which is why she has been at a nursing home. She seems incredibly young to have already have cancer, let alone having it already spread. While her gofundme campaign has already reached its goal, I'll still leave a link to the article here: GoFundMe Campaign Launched for Pokémon Voice Actress Rachael Lillis

Hopefully, she'll be able to get the treatment and care she needs and be able to get good at home care. I truly hope that she'll be able to make a full and safe recovery.

Light Lucario

Staff member
^ oh yeah, she is still pretty young, she's only 45 right now. she was voicing Misty and Jessie before she was even 20, which is nuts.

she deserves so much better than what's happened to her.
Being able to pull off both Jessie's deep voice and Misty's higher pitched voice when she was still a teenager is really impressive. I didn't realize that she was that young when 4Kids started to dub Pokemon back in the day.

Vuxovich

^ oh yeah, she is still pretty young, she's only 45 right now. she was voicing Misty and Jessie before she was even 20, which is nuts.

she deserves so much better than what's happened to her.
If I can recall correctly, she was actually born in 1969. Which means that she is currently either 54 or 55 years old.

P. S. Also, she is a native of Dallas, TX, not Niagara Falls, NY (as other bad reliable sources say).

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
Good news: Rachel was able to move to a better place due to the GoFundMe donations:

New update, June 10th: We have good news! My sister and I were able to move Rachael into a better place! She’ll get medical attention, care, and will be able to rest in a private room, where she can convalesce and regain strength!
Because of you, your well wishes, and your wonderful generosity, Rachael is in a healthier, lovely place.
We all thank you for your continuing support, kind comments and emails- all helping to raise Rachael’s spirits!
With gratitude, God Bless! -Laurie

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Sparklefan1234 wrote on Classic Speedy's profile.
I just saw this on Reddit and instantly thought of you. ;)

Least favourite cartoon?

For me it's Poochini, I dislike the torment that Poochini goes through most of the time.
It's been 17 years and 17 days since the Problem Solverz pilot for Adult Swim (Neon Knome) was made! Even though I do prefer the final product, I think this pilot would make for a good series on [as].
Episode 2 of The Amazing Digital Circus just crossed the 100 million views mark!

I dont know if CNNickFan is a new member or an old one I didnt notice before but I loved their post on Jamie Kellner. A much needed voice of Reason

Featured Posts