Remember when Anime came on at midnight? (aka "It's been a decade since the anime boom")

aegisrawks

EDIT:Actually,now that I think about it, arent both threads about the same thing?

One should be locked.

Light Lucario

Staff member
EDIT:Actually,now that I think about it, arent both threads about the same thing?

One should be locked.

This one seems to be more about the anime boom in general, while the other thread is more specifically about anime airing on Sci-Fi channel. Besides that, if you feel like a thread needs to be lock, reporting it would be better than announcing it in the thread since the moderators of this forum could decide if any action needs to be taken.

aegisrawks

Then it shouldnt just focus on Adult Anime, the whole Anime Boom got its groove when it reached Kids who grew up to be the anime lovers of Today.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
No one's mentioned G4's brief stunt with late night anime such as the various Marvel anime series (X-Men, Wolverine, Iron Man) and Viper's Creed which aired in the late evening/night in 2011.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Then it shouldnt just focus on Adult Anime, the whole Anime Boom got its groove when it reached Kids who grew up to be the anime lovers of Today.

Anime that appealed to kids, such as Pokemon, DBZ and Sailor Moon, definitely factored into the anime boom, but this thread is about when more channels used to play anime at midnight. I don't really see the problem in focusing on only that aspect of the anime boom.

Kitschensyngk

The kids are all wrong
Of all the series I've collected over the years, all but three of them I first saw on television. Most of them I first saw on Toonami and/or Adult Swim.

I do remember the days when you could turn on the TV and find anime anywhere on the dial. I miss them terribly sometimes, but then it's more accessible than ever these days with the emergence of sites like YouTube and Crunchyroll, and you no longer have to wait months or even years for a new series to come out, so who really needs TV anymore?

I've always believed that as long as it has an audience, however big, it will never die stateside.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Posted this link in another thread, but I figure it's worthy here as well: This is a supposedly complete list of anime that aired on American TV, along with air dates. It gets more reliable (as far as the dates go) when it hits the year 2000 onward, and it runs to 2008, so it covers the entire span of Toonami's original run, and even covers G4 TV's anime period, and Ani-Monday on Sci-Fi. So it show exactly what unfolded during the "Anime Boom" of the early 00's...

i remember seeing gundam wing and gundam 08th ms team and the 0080 and 0083 OVAs on adult swim and then watched gundam 00 on syfy

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts