Richard Simmons (1948-2024)

DecaTilde

Beauty is only fur deep.
Well, the world of fitness has lost an icon today. And he just turned 76 yesterday, too.

I suspect that it was because of his skin cancer.

cheril59

He'd had several guest voice roles including Rocko's Modern Life, KaBlam!, Disney's Hercules and Johnny Bravo.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
My exposure of Richard Simmons came through his parodies, my favorite being The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy one, alongside several others. Unfortunate to see him pass, may his fitness legacy remain

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Back when I was about 9, and everything in my life was all Disney, my mother had a VHS copy of Sweatin' to the Oldies. My sister, my cousin and I would have fun, goofing around while doing the workouts, etc. If there's one thing you can say about Richard Simmons, he was a 100% original character. He always seemed genuine, to me, about wanting to help people reach healthy lifestyle goals. Anytime he was brought up on TV recently, it seemed as though his final years were pretty sad. Hopefully, he had some solace in knowing he did some good on this planet. Rest Peacefully.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!
I think The Cramp Twins, the TV series, is set in the Southeastern USA. Not just because of the swamp, they also drink root beer floats too (not at A&W but at Western-themed places).

The irony is that us Europeans don't like root beer and root beer floats

Featured Posts