wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Animated Video Game Anthology “Secret Level” Ordered By Amazon Prime"​

spelunky2-blogroll-1-1600053728513_160w.jpg

"Netflix’s Love, Death & Robots was created by Tim Miller and Blur Studio, an animation company that has worked on commercials, video game cutscenes, and special sequences of feature films since 1995. They’re skilled at producing many different styles at the same time, which prepared them for a project like Love, Death & Robots and should equally prep them for the series Amazon Prime Video just ordered.

It’s called Secret Level, and like Love, Death & Robots, it will be an anthology series with a different story and art style in each episode. The difference is while LD&R stuck to the genres of sci-fi and horror, the sequences in Secret Level could be anything…as long as that something is based on a video game.

These won’t be made-up games that happen to resemble popular ones. Secret Level will consist of legit adaptions of real video game worlds. Spelunky has been confirmed to be getting its own episode, as well as New World, a game you’ve never heard of but Amazon happens to own (convenient, that). Also, Amazon has entered a deal with Sony to base some episodes around Playstation IPs."

Read the full article here.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
If this show is gonna have some episodes based on PlayStation IP, I’m betting there will be episodes featuring Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

"All The Secret Levels Of Amazon’s “Secret Level”"​

secretlevel.jpg

"Last week we reported on a new cartoon anthology in development from Blur Studio, makers of Netflix’s Love, Death & Robots. While the previous show mainly stuck to the science fiction / horror genre, this new series Secret Level will cover a wider variety of stories…based on video games.

Not very many of the selected game properties had been revealed when this show was first announced, but thanks to today’s Gamescom press event, we know all of them. The fifteen episodes of the first season will be about…"

• God of War (PlayStation Studios)
  • Sifu
  • Warhammer 40K
  • Unreal Tournament
  • New World: Aeternum
  • Dungeons & Dragons
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Pac-Man
  • Honor of Kings
  • Armored Core
  • Mega Man
  • Exodus
  • Spelunky
  • Crossfire
  • Concord"

And here's the teaser trailer:

Mandouga

And let me guess, whether or not this show will be for "mature audiences" will depend on the episode. After all, I saw Pac-Man, and Mega Man on there, and those are "E for Everyone" franchises (especially Pac-Man) so SURELY everyone will be able to watch THOSE episodes, right.....right?

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

"All The Secret Levels Of Amazon’s “Secret Level”"​

secretlevel.jpg

"Last week we reported on a new cartoon anthology in development from Blur Studio, makers of Netflix’s Love, Death & Robots. While the previous show mainly stuck to the science fiction / horror genre, this new series Secret Level will cover a wider variety of stories…based on video games.

Not very many of the selected game properties had been revealed when this show was first announced, but thanks to today’s Gamescom press event, we know all of them. The fifteen episodes of the first season will be about…"

• God of War (PlayStation Studios)
  • Sifu
  • Warhammer 40K
  • Unreal Tournament
  • New World: Aeternum
  • Dungeons & Dragons
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Pac-Man
  • Honor of Kings
  • Armored Core
  • Mega Man
  • Exodus
  • Spelunky
  • Crossfire
  • Concord"

And here's the teaser trailer:

Darn, I was hoping for episodes about Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper. They are PlayStation IP after all (though R&C is still the one making games).

zakawer2

#BringBackDislikes
Is it just me, or do some episodes actually appear to use live-action while others are entirely animated? I'm not sure it's 100% animation.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts