Seven Deadly Sins News and Discussion Thread

River26

Released via Kodansha Comics in the U.S, the manga will get it's turn at the tv screen.

This year's 20th issue of Kodansha's Weekly ShÅnen Magazine is announcing on Wednesday that Nakaba Suzuki's The Seven Deadly Sins(Nanatsu no Taizai) manga is being adapted into a television anime. The magazine also notes the manga series has over 3 million copies in circulation. Kodansha is publishing the eighth compiled book volume, with a bonus story about the Fairy King, on Thursday.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-11/the-seven-deadly-sins-fantasy-manga-gets-tv-anime

River26

Based on the manga of the same name. There will be an anime rendition coming this fall.

The official website for the television anime of Nakaba Suzuki's The Seven Deadly Sins(Nanatsu no Taizai) manga began streaming a new TV commercial for the series on Sunday. The video reveals that voice actor Tatsuhisa Suzuki (Free!'s Makoto, My Little Monster's Haru) will play the role of Ban.

The television anime will premiere on October 5.

Suzuki launched the manga in Weekly Shōnen Magazine in 2012, and Kodansha Comicspublished the third English volume last month. Crunchyroll is posting the new chapters as they appear in Japan.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...joins-the-seven-deadly-sins-anime-cast/.77960

Thepowerofnone

It's also likely that Funimation may pick it up, given how Funi has licensed anime versions of Kondansha shounen titles that are known to have a following of some sort (Tsubasa, Negima, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan).
Well I am okay if Funimation picks this up.Aniplex USA has a stupid crap on DVDs and Blu rays anyway.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
It's also likely that Funimation may pick it up, given how Funi has licensed anime versions of Kondansha shounen titles that are known to have a following of some sort (Tsubasa, Negima, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan).

Unless Kodansha forces Aniplex (who owns A-1 Pictures) to put the title up for bidding the show will go to Aniplex USA.

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Unless Kodansha forces Aniplex (who owns A-1 Pictures) to put the title up for bidding the show will go to Aniplex USA.

It actually depends. Aniplex seems to be part of the production committee, but they may not own the distribution rights for overseas. It really depends on how the rights are split between the production committee members. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Kodansha handling it, but I'm not ruling out Aniplex.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Okay, Telecom is apparently going to produce what sounds like the Seven Deadly Sins version of Boruto or Yashahime and will probably be as controversial as those two aforementioned shows. At least Telecom should be able to do competent animation unlike the previous seasons of the main show.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Okay, Telecom is apparently going to produce what sounds like the Seven Deadly Sins version of Boruto or Yashahime and will probably be as controversial as those two aforementioned shows. At least Telecom should be able to do competent animation unlike the previous seasons of the main show.
I get the sense that Boruto and Yashahime really soured you on anime sequels.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I get the sense that Boruto and Yashahime really soured you on anime sequels.

And Eureka 7 Astral Ocean for those who remember that. The offspring of the main character sequels have been mostly controversial. Just looked at the wiki and it looks like Percival is not the kid of any of the main protagonists of the original Seven Deadly Sins, so this one doesn't count in the "offspring spinoff" subgenre. That brings a little bit of hope in me.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
It just didn't come out. Social media is on fire with anger and confusion. Delay?

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Someone on reddit just said it went live. I don't have NF right now to verify that.

Just checked that out. It's now out and I guess people just expected a midnight release. Prime time releases on streaming appear to be a new norm.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The News Team's own PicardMan has a new review on the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Review: “Seven Deadly Sins: Four Knights of the Apocalypse”: Another Inferior Anime Sequel"​

filters_quality95formatwebp-1.webp

"There have been several sequels to popular shonen anime titles throughout recent years, most of them being rather controversial. Compile this controversy with the controversy about everything Seven Deadly Sins related after seasons one and two, and you get a recipe for contentiousness. For those who aren’t familiar with the rise and fall of this franchise, let’s do a quick recap.

In 2015 Netflix had their first major exclusive license of a battle shonen property and it was the monster hit that was season one of Seven Deadly Sins. A1 pictures created some truly dazzling action scenes and the franchise’s knack for romantic drama excited shippers everywhere. For fans of medieval fantasy series, this was a must-watch show. Season two continued the momentum of season one and introduced iconic villains The Ten Commandments and iconic hero Escanor. In 2018 Seven Deadly Sins released the movie Prisoners of the Sky. It was a standard shonen side story movie that had the flashy action scenes fans expected, but it did very poorly at the Japanese box office and A1 abandoned the series.

The studio that took over, producer Studio Deen, created a production (the actual animation was actually outsourced to an even cheaper studio as Deen just produced it) that will live in infamy for its poor animation quality. Fans have dubbed seasons three and four “The Seven Deadly Frames.” This was followed by two CGI sequel films that were equally derided for their visuals. The franchises’ reputation has drastically taken a nosedive and the question is if this new series can save it."

Read the full review here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts