"Young Justice" News & Discussion Thread, Part 36 (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Weisman answered some season 2 questions lately. But when the toy company backed out, the 26 episode order was cut to 20 but the order was cut before they broke those episodes so it was never set what would've been in them. The 20 we did make would've been more spread over 26, and there probably would've been a Red Tornado episode, a Shazam episode and gotten more quality time with Robin, Wonder Girl, etc.

He also confirmed Rao exploded in 1978.

Frontier

Staff member
Weisman answered some season 2 questions lately. But when the toy company backed out, the 26 episode order was cut to 20 but the order was cut before they broke those episodes so it was never set what would've been in them. The 20 we did make would've been more spread over 26, and there probably would've been a Red Tornado episode, a Shazam episode and gotten more quality time with Robin, Wonder Girl, etc.

He also confirmed Rao exploded in 1978.
Man, what I would've given for more time with Red Tornado, Marvel Family, Tim, or Cassie :(.

Especially considering things didn't get better for them in the subsequent seasons :sweat:.

the greenman

I think YJ is simply going into a phase of exploration, at least in the crew.

What I mean is, the show should be on WB/D. They kept HQ because of adult humor. Don't know what they're considering YJ. I know they brought it back to Netflix, but they're basically going all-in on Family content. YJ is going more adult, so what exactly gives?

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ed Nygma

I wonder if this is it for the series, and if we'll ever get S1-4 together on iTunes as a 'complete' series. I don't want it to befall the same fate that happened to the X-Files due to semantics, where it was jammed in and out of an inconsistent complete series price due to uncertainty about what was going on. TXF seems pretty definitively done so I wish they had just had one longer revival season back in 2016 instead of 2 and then never again.

knightwing

I wonder if this is it for the series, and if we'll ever get S1-4 together on iTunes as a 'complete' series. I don't want it to befall the same fate that happened to the X-Files due to semantics, where it was jammed in and out of an inconsistent complete series price due to uncertainty about what was going on. TXF seems pretty definitively done so I wish they had just had one longer revival season back in 2016 instead of 2 and then never again.
I have all the seasons on Vudu along with the discs that I had previously purchased. Vudu has a bundle of seasons 1 though 3 and just purchased season 4 at it's lowest price I have seen.

Medinnus

Staff member
Young Justice still needs one more season to feel complete. I'm anticipating the return of Wally West and the adaptation of the Heroes in Crisis story-line.

While I don't disagree, the YJ continuity is so much more appealing to me than the 'standard' continuity (whatever that happens to be these days). I would want more than one season to explore (or maybe just a series of movies - a JSA WWII, a few Justice League, moar Legion, some focused on the Arrow family, etc).

Frontier

Staff member
While I don't disagree, the YJ continuity is so much more appealing to me than the 'standard' continuity (whatever that happens to be these days). I would want more than one season to explore (or maybe just a series of movies - a JSA WWII, a few Justice League, moar Legion, some focused on the Arrow family, etc).
I think probably the biggest tragedy of YJ was being a single show with far too big a scope and universe to really contain within it.

It's like if the entire DC Universe was crammed into one show instead of in an entire comic line.

Frontier

Staff member
It's definitely a series that would benefit from spin-offs which I've been saying for a decade. But it's been very tepid with extra content - just comics and a video game. Yet, we're getting a Kite Man spin-off from the Harley Quinn show for some reason. Shrug.
And still no Wonder Woman cartoon, but I digress :rolleyes2:.

ShadowStar

I think I've figured out the identities of A-08 and A-09!

Lieutenant Marvel and Sergeant Marvel!

We know from the "Teg Ydaer!" Nabu test/trial sequence that Mary Bromfield was Sergeant Marvel by the time that she was 11 years old, in Team Year One -- she might even have gained her powers before then, at the age of 10. Obviously, Freddy Freeman became active as Lieutenant Marvel at the same time that Mary became Sergeant.

But, interestingly, neither of them joined the Team until Team Year Three (approx. two years later)...

We also know that Freddy and Mary had designations A-06 and A-07 respectively, thereby giving them access to the Cave. It makes sense that they would need designations A-08 and A-09 as well, for their superpowered forms. Remember that Captain Marvel (15) and Billy Batson (A-05) had different designations...

If correct, then this would mean that Lieutenant and Sergeant had quite a long history of working with the Team before they both quit. They were around before Jason Todd and Troia. I guess it makes sense that the Team and/or the Justice League monitored them closely until they were considered old enough to join the Team (i.e. 13 years old), while the Doom Patrol did the same for Beast Boy.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.
Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!

Featured Posts