"Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part One" Animated Release Talkback (Spoilers)

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part One - Rate and Discuss this movie!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *****1/2

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • ***1/2

Votes: 2 25.0%

• **1/2

Votes: 1 12.5%

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

#TeamMike

Conroy IS essentially DC animation for me.
Don't really understand what this means.

All love to Conroy and all but he's one guy. Despite his sudden passing, we should all be happy that he got to voice Batman for 30 years and put his stamp on the character.

Saying he's "DC animation" is kind of senseless, especially because during his tenure several different actors voiced Batman in other projects. Conroy's Batman might not ever be surpassed, and he doesn't have to be either. These characters exist to be re-interpreted.

Medinnus

Staff member
I see this come up a lot with Otto Schmidt's art influence on these 8 and counting movies. When this new continuity of movies was starting up, Sam Register told Butch Lukic to do something different than Phil Bourassa's anime influence so he went in an opposite direction of anime and used thick and thin lines like a comic. I get art is objective but just to have some context, Wag, name one of these DTV movies whose animation style you do like.

Also not a fan of the art style, but infinitely better that the style used in Teen Titan or Merry Little Batman. Much prefer something like the art in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

That said, for me the art style is secondary for to the writing. YMMV

Otaku-sempai

Also not a fan of the art style, but infinitely better that the style used in Teen Titan or Merry Little Batman. Much prefer something like the art in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths.

That said, for me the art style is secondary for to the writing. YMMV
Merry Little Batman worked for the kind of story that it was.

#TeamMike

@Fone Bone

Your prayers may have been answered.
According to IGN, Conroy will voice Batman for Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part Three (though it's possible it may be archived dialogue). The same report also says Conroy did voice work for Batman: Caped Crusader.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frontier

Staff member
I've always liked the Shared Universe DTV art styles (both Bourassa and Schmidt) but I've always felt like the minority in that...
@Fone Bone

According to IGN, Conroy will voice Batman for Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part Three (though it's possible it may be archived dialogue). The same report also says Conroy did voice work for Batman: Caped Crusader.

It's happening :D!

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
@Fone Bone

I'll take the spoiler. I am SO glad about this!

Spider-Man

Did anything ever come of that Part 2 clip included on the digital movie copies? It's still not there so I assume it's not happening. Im just curious.

I also rewatched this movie again based on the news from this week and I was surprised how well it holds up after a few viewings and how it even sort of seemed better after a few watches once I understood the movie's structure and everything. This was a really well put together movie even if the animation was the usual not-great level.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Did anything ever come of that Part 2 clip included on the digital movie copies? It's still not there so I assume it's not happening. Im just curious.
2/1: We've gotten no answers about it yet.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
03/22:
Part One will be added to Max on April 22.

04/28:
@Christopher Glennon reviewed the movie for the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com.

"Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths Part One Review – A Crisis with Limited Earths"​

Justice-League-Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-Part-One-Heroes-look-on.jpg

Crisis on Infinite Earths isn’t just a multiversal crossover. It’s THE multiversal crossover. DC Comics had been crossing over their characters from different Earths since the 1960’s, but it wasn’t until 1985 when they had so many Earths with so many characters (and so many versions of the same character) that they ended up creating a maxi-series that was just as much about crossing over all their characters as it was about cleaning up their continuity. Since then, there have been crises and flashpoints and continuity shake-ups. Even Marvel Comics got in on the game with their incursions and spider-verses. Every multiverse superhero story owes its existence to the original Crisis on Infinite Earths by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, and nothing has had as big an impact since. Naturally, when there are so many different Earths in other mediums like movies, TV shows, and cartoons, fans have been begging for a Crisis movie.

The animated Crisis on Infinite Earths movie isn’t the first time a Crisis crossover has been made. The Arrowverse, a live action universe involving half a dozen TV shows, did their own Crisis in 2019. The Flash movie of 2023 was, essentially, Flashpoint with a dash of Crisis as well. There was a Crisis on Two Earths animated DTV in 2010 as well as Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox in 2013, but there hasn’t been a true and faithful animated Crisis on Infinite Earths movie. Probably because Crisis requires other Earths with their own history and continuity. DC has been slowly building up various continuities over the years. The Flashpoint Paradox served as a bridge from a previous reality to a new one that began with Justice League: War. The DC Animated Universe ended with Justice League Dark: Apokolips War, which then gave way to the Tomorrowverse with Superman: Man of Tomorrow. It’s the Tomorrowverse that has spent four years priming audiences for a true Crisis on Infinite Earths adaptation.

Click here to continue reading.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
I didn't expect to like this movie as much as I did when I watched it yesterday. I really enjoyed the scenes filling in the gaps of the Tomorrowverse especially, and then how it all tied into Barry's stories with Iris and Amazo, etc. It's a shame that they skipped over so much of this kind of world building the first time around.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts