"Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths (Animated Trilogy)" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Last edited:

Karkull

Eldritch Lord of Chaos
Staff member
I'm genuinely surprised they didn't even bother trying to do a comic-accurate Anti-Monitor design.
I'm wondering if they're telegraphing something here. I too noticed that the Anti-Monitor didn't look like the traditional Anti-Monitor, while the Monitor did, in fact, resemble his comic book counterpart. Then they mentioned, in the trailer, that the answer lies before [their] multiverse existed, and that the entity is trying to start reality over. I filed it away, but I came screeching back when I watched some old episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and I remembered him:

Equinox.jpg

Remember Equinox? A human chosen by the Lords of Chaos and Order to create peace by maintaining a balance between good and evil? Eventually he went mad and attempted to destroy and remake his universe before his world's Batman defeated him? After "Time Out for Vengeance!" it was revealed that there are still eleven fragments of Equinox remaining somewhere. Perhaps he's our "Anti-Monitor" here.

Heeroyuy_Batman

I'm wondering if they're telegraphing something here. I too noticed that the Anti-Monitor didn't look like the traditional Anti-Monitor, while the Monitor did, in fact, resemble his comic book counterpart. Then they mentioned, in the trailer, that the answer lies before [their] multiverse existed, and that the entity is trying to start reality over. I filed it away, but I came screeching back when I watched some old episodes of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and I remembered him:

View attachment 308480

Remember Equinox? A human chosen by the Lords of Chaos and Order to create peace by maintaining a balance between good and evil? Eventually he went mad and attempted to destroy and remake his universe before his world's Batman defeated him? After "Time Out for Vengeance!" it was revealed that there are still eleven fragments of Equinox remaining somewhere. Perhaps he's our "Anti-Monitor" here.
A very interesting theory. I think it's a long shot, but I think I would like that twist if it did happen.

I have to say I am very excited about Part 3. I cannot wait for it to come out. I was finally able to put in my pre-order today. If it's anything like my experience with pre-ordering Part 2, I will be getting it early which makes me very happy.

JonnyQuest037

DCAU Historian
I still don't know what they were thinking with that Anti-Monitor design. Like, literally no attempt at a comic-accurate design and he comes off looking like the most generic robot of all time.
Yeah, what a dull design. How is that cooler than the robot skull guy that George Pérez originally designed?

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Is this Trilogy that they releasing the deluxe edition with all 3 movies joined together?
We don't have an official statement on that yet.

What we know:

1a. There will be a digital release called Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Trilogy released on July 16, 2024. It includes an exclusive featurette "An Epic Challenge: Crisis in Comics and Animation" and retails for $39.99. These details were included in the press release for Part Three. While the press release did not mention this is a combined version of all 3 movies, presumably it is.

1b. The official social media account of Warner Home Entertainment posted artwork attributed to the Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Trilogy with no context. Presumably, this is the artwork you'll see on the product page when you buy it on sites like Amazon Prime or iTunes.

2. A front cover for a 4K/Blu-ray collection of all 3 parts was posted by the social media account of a physical media insider. No other information; no release date, no press release yet, we don't know if it's 3 movies on 3 discs or a combined version of the three movies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts