"Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths (Animated Trilogy)" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Looks pretty great to me. All the heroes assembled against the Anti-Monitor. Including a few new characters though it remains to be seen just how big their roles will be.

The Super Friends were also in the Teen Titans Go & DC Superhero Girls: Mayhem in the Multiverse movie from a couple of years ago. Wonder if they'll tie in to that as well.

There was at least one episode of a Super Friends show that I can think of where they had a parallel universe with evil counterparts of the heroes. So technically "before the multiverse" would mean either Filmation or the Flesicher cartoons. Unless they're only relying on Constantine.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths, Part Three arrives July 12, 2024 on Digital and July 26, 2024 on Physical from Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment. Check out the trailer, artwork, and press details over at WF! Just to note, the press details confirm Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are appearing in the movie, as "Earth-12 Batman" and "Earth-12 The Joker," respectively.

M.O.D.O.K.

Scientist Supreme
Staff member
Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths, Part Three arrives July 12, 2024 on Digital and July 26, 2024 on Physical from Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment. Check out the trailer, artwork, and press details over at WF! Just to note, the press details confirm Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are appearing in the movie, as "Earth-12 Batman" and "Earth-12 The Joker," respectively.

A shame that Grey Delisle couldn't reprise her role as Aya. We also get another GL:TAS Easter egg with the Cardonian Lantern, since I think that species is original to the show.

Unless the cast list is hiding some surprises, it looks like the B:TAS and GL:TAS characters are the only ones who get voiced lines, so Super Friends is probably part of a series of silent cameos.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Interesting Aya is referred to as "Green Lantern Aya" in the cast list. Does that connote this is a variant and not the one seen in GL:TAS or JLA? Shrug.

You had me at Spider Guild Lantern and Cardonian Lantern. :D

I can see Watchtower Database making a video about the DCAU officially being Earth-12. :p

Pity it looks like the combined edition is digital only so far like JL x RWBY and also has an exclusive special feature.

Frontier

Staff member
I feel like it's fitting for what might possibly be the last installment of the shared continuity DTV's to have a lot of recasting in the final installment :p.

Though John DiMaggio reprising Lobo from the Lego DTV's and Justice League Action (another Jim Krieg reference!) is pretty nice :).

Jennifer Hale can obviously pull the role off, but Grey Griffin not reprising Aya will make the possible reunion with Razer feel off...though it might not be his Aya o_O.

Elysia Rotaru is voicing Black Canary I and II so I'm guessing the Black Canary teaming-up with Green Arrow in the trailer is Dinah Lance as the daughter of the Dinah Drake from JSA WWII :cool:.

They really brought back The Losers with Captain Storm and the dinosaurs :D!

Y'know Brett Dalton as Captain Atom totally deserves it's own thing...

Heeroyuy_Batman

The way I look at the different numbering of multiverse earths is two ways: 1) not every earth uses the same system (which helps explain things like how two different earth numbers are used in one episode of My Adventures with Superman for the same earth) 2) there are multiple multiverses containing similar earths. In this case, my guess is that the first explanation is what is going on in Part 3 with the DCAU being listed as Earth-12. The question I have is, Is Batman Beyond also from Earth-12? The bonus feature about the bat-family of the multiverse seemed to suggest that this Batman Beyond was more based on the comics than the DCAU. However, it was never definitively stated. I'm hoping that Part 3 will definitively show that Terry is from the DCAU/Earth-12.

Otaku-sempai

Interesting Aya is referred to as "Green Lantern Aya" in the cast list. Does that connote this is a variant and not the one seen in GL:TAS or JLA? Shrug.

You had me at Spider Guild Lantern and Cardonian Lantern. :D

I can see Watchtower Database making a video about the DCAU officially being Earth-12. :p

Pity it looks like the combined edition is digital only so far like JL x RWBY and also has an exclusive special feature.
Or maybe the physical form of the combined edition is yet to be announced.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Or maybe the physical form of the combined edition is yet to be announced.
We can only hope. The notion we haven't seen a physical combined edition of JL x RWBY yet is not good. But CoIE's anniversary is April next year I think so that would be a great time to release a COIE combined edition box set.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm genuinely surprised they didn't even bother trying to do a comic-accurate Anti-Monitor design.
We can only hope. The notion we haven't seen a physical combined edition of JL x RWBY yet is not good. But CoIE's anniversary is April next year I think so that would be a great time to release a COIE combined edition box set.
It's still pretty sad to me how the "DC UN" art piece on the DVD spines will forever remain unfinished :(.

Frontier

Staff member
Yeah, that. It's not Galactus cloud bad but I'm curious if Anti-Monitor's final form is yet to be seen.
I think they are saving up showing lot of scenes from the climax but I also thought they were going to have the Anti-Monitor don his helmet during the final battle of the live-action Crisis so I guess I've learned to keep my expectations in check :p.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I think they are saving up showing lot of scenes from the climax but I also thought they were going to have the Anti-Monitor don his helmet during the final battle of the live-action Crisis so I guess I've learned to keep my expectations in check :p.
Well, at least they did a pretty comic accurate look on GL:TAS. It would pretty odd for them not to use the comic look considering the tons of designs they did already in these movies.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"The Trailer For Crisis On Infinite Earths Part Three Is Live"​

tadrqosc.jpg

"As the tagline said back in 1985…THIS IS IT! Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths Part Three is the wrap-up to Wolfman and Perez’s epic tale of a multiverse in peril. Who will be wiped from continuity and who will survive to have their backstories rebooted?

The third and final chapter will be released this July and the trailer was made public yesterday, along with the box art, which adapts the comic’s classic cover for Issue #7 depicting a wailing Superman cradling Supergirl’s body:

Given its iconic status, there have been attempts to adapt COIE before…in fact it’s already been tried in animated movie form with the shortened “Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths.” Less plot, less Earths, one movie. This is the first adaption of Crisis On Infinite Earths that’s 100% faithful to the original comic book. That means it’s gonna be confusing (they revise this stuff for a reason). But if you’ve always wanted authenticity, you got it."

Read the full article here.

Heeroyuy_Batman

From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"The Trailer For Crisis On Infinite Earths Part Three Is Live"​

tadrqosc.jpg

"As the tagline said back in 1985…THIS IS IT! Justice League: Crisis On Infinite Earths Part Three is the wrap-up to Wolfman and Perez’s epic tale of a multiverse in peril. Who will be wiped from continuity and who will survive to have their backstories rebooted?

The third and final chapter will be released this July and the trailer was made public yesterday, along with the box art, which adapts the comic’s classic cover for Issue #7 depicting a wailing Superman cradling Supergirl’s body:

Given its iconic status, there have been attempts to adapt COIE before…in fact it’s already been tried in animated movie form with the shortened “Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths.” Less plot, less Earths, one movie. This is the first adaption of Crisis On Infinite Earths that’s 100% faithful to the original comic book. That means it’s gonna be confusing (they revise this stuff for a reason). But if you’ve always wanted authenticity, you got it."

Read the full article here.
There's a huge mistake in this article. Crisis on Two Earths was not an adaptation of COIE. Crisis on Two Earths was an adaptation of a Grant Morrison graphic novel and "Crisis on Earth-3".

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
There's a huge mistake in this article. Crisis on Two Earths was not an adaptation of COIE. Crisis on Two Earths was an adaptation of a Grant Morrison graphic novel and "Crisis on Earth-3".
The late Dwayne McDuffie was on the record saying Crisis on Two Earths was not an adaptation of Morrison's Earth-2, nor was the AU visited in the movie Earth-3. The only thing he said he re-read before starting the outline was the Crime Syndicate's first appearance in the '60s. These were replies in October and November 2009 when his forum was on Lampost.net. The funny part was Bruce Timm gave him a copy of Earth-2 but he ever got around to looking at it and it got lost in a pile.

Heeroyuy_Batman

The late Dwayne McDuffie was on the record saying Crisis on Two Earths was not an adaptation of Morrison's Earth-2, nor was the AU visited in the movie Earth-3. The only thing he said he re-read before starting the outline was the Crime Syndicate's first appearance in the '60s. These were replies in October and November 2009 when his forum was on Lampost.net. The funny part was Bruce Timm gave him a copy of Earth-2 but he ever got around to looking at it and it got lost in a pile.
Okay, so I am mistaken too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts