Shows that sparked a boom in animation

ThePharaohZ

Allow me to elaborate. What I mean is, individual shows that had various writers who eventually went on to create their own series in relative proximity to each other. The obvious example would be how J.G. Quintel, Pendleton Ward, and Alex Hirsch, all of whom wrote for The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, went on to create Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls, respectively. Any other examples of this?

Last edited:

the_joker

Can't think of a title
Bruce Timm and Paul Dini worked on Tiny Toon Adventures before producing Batman: TAS. They later worked on various animated DC projects, and Dini was also a freelance writer for other shows.

Alan Burnett was also a producer of Batman: TAS and later produced many other cartoons including DC cartoons, but it looks like he got his real start with Ducktales.

Dwayne McDuffie got his start in animation with Static Shock before moving onto Justice League and Justice League Unlimited.

Glen Murakami worked on Superman: The Animated Series before becoming a producer of Batman Beyond, Justice League, and Teen Titans.

Craig McCracken, Butch Hartman, and Seth MacFarlane worked on Dexter's Lab before creating Powerpuff Girls, Fairly Oddparents, and Family Guy respectively.

JMTV

A Little Meatwad
I do recall Dan Povenmire worked on Family Guy, Hey Arnold, and Rocko’s Modern Life as a writer before he co-create Phineas and Ferb.

And of course, Stephan Hillenburg worked on Rocko as a writer before he created SpongeBob, and look how big that show was.

Classic Speedy

Alllllll righty then
Staff member
Reporter
One of my favorite ones was that Michael Dante DiMartino worked on Family Guy, The Simpsons, King of the Hill and Mission Hill, and then went on to co-create a polar opposite type of series with Avatar.

the_joker

Can't think of a title
One of my favorite ones was that Michael Dante DiMartino worked on Family Guy, The Simpsons, King of the Hill and Mission Hill, and then went on to co-create a polar opposite type of series with Avatar.
Bryan Konietzko worked on Invader Zim before co-creating Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Similarly, Giancarlo Volpe worked on King of the Hill and Avatar before working on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and then becoming a producer of Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

James Tucker worked on Superman: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond before producing Justice League, JLU, Legion of Super Heroes, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold as well as later many animated DC projects.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
Alan Burnett was also a producer of Batman: TAS and later produced many other cartoons including DC cartoons, but it looks like he got his real start with Ducktales.

Craig McCracken, Butch Hartman, and Seth MacFarlane worked on Dexter's Lab before creating Powerpuff Girls, Fairly Oddparents, and Family Guy respectively.
Alan Burnett wrote the script to the theatrical DuckTales movie, specifically.

Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken (and believe some other notable creators) worked on Two Stupid Dogs even prior to Dexter's Lab.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts