"Sony's Spider-Man Universe" Movie News & Discussion (Spoilers), Part 2

the greenman

It's like you read my mind :p.

I still don't get what the point of Spider-Man Noir is with a rando as Spider-Man.
Honestly, I don't either. Do we know if this is live action or not? Personally I will scream from the rooftops for Spider-Ham.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I don't want a Sony Spider-Ham series. The selling point of the Comics back in the 1980's was all of the weird back-up spoofs of the Marvel stuff like The X-Bugs, The Incredible Hulk-Bunny, Croctor Stranger, Thrr, Dog Of Thunder, Fantastic Furs, Silver Squirrel, Iron Mouse, Captain Americat, Deerdevil, and Secret Furs. Unless Marvel gets the Spidey rights back entirely, a Spider-Ham series will be missing its entire real selling point.

the greenman

I don't want a Sony Spider-Ham series. The selling point of the Comics back in the 1980's was all of the weird back-up spoofs of the Marvel stuff like The X-Bugs, The Incredible Hulk-Bunny, Croctor Stranger, Thrr, Dog Of Thunder, Fantastic Furs, Silver Squirrel, Iron Mouse, Captain Americat, Deerdevil, and Secret Furs. Unless Marvel gets the Spidey rights back entirely, a Spider-Ham series will be missing its entire real selling point.

Yeah, but that was enjoyable. Almost as much as how WB/LT we're making fun of super heroes way back in the day.

I just feel if you get the right creators (especially with Lord & Miller around), they're bound to invent some hilarious projects. The only flaw is the live action films are funny for the wrong reasons. Not even Marvel can do a Brand Ech project? Where's the comedy. Last best one was kinda Batman: the brave and the bold.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Yeah, but that was enjoyable. Almost as much as how WB/LT we're making fun of super heroes way back in the day.

I just feel if you get the right creators (especially with Lord & Miller around), they're bound to invent some hilarious projects. The only flaw is the live action films are funny for the wrong reasons. Not even Marvel can do a Brand Ech project? Where's the comedy. Last best one was kinda Batman: the brave and the bold.

I want them to wait until they can do the project right. I don't want Sony involved. And if it's for TV, I don't see why they'd have to be.

Edit:

I very much loved the art style of the 1980's comics. I don't want the animation channeling Looney Tunes. It should channel R Crumb and other underground artists. It should be stylized and have a roughness underneath. Neither Ultimate Spider-Man or the Spider-Verse movie understood this.

Last edited:

the greenman

the greenman

Nothing in cement, but mostly speculation again. Garfield dropped out of Frankenstein:

Frontier

Staff member

the greenman

Especially a GDT film, who won a Oscar for shape of water. Think he was to be the monster, so not sure why he took off. Lot of speculation about sudden departure. Though I did hear there's been a lot of similarities because of strikes delaying stuff that was previously set up, and now things are colliding.

EDIT: there's also Pedro Pascal who's out for "Weapons" , maybe because of FF.

Last edited:

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Honestly I feel like a Miles movie would feel like retreading Holland Spidey or the Spider-Verse films unless they did something really different with it.
Which they already with these animated movies. It's like taking a page from Disney making and adapting a beloved animated property into live action.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts