"Spider-Man Noir" (Amazon Series) Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
9/3/2020: And according to Deadline, Silk would be the first in a series of TV shows for Amazon, similar to the previous Marvel/Netflix shows.

11/17/2022: More details about the Spider-Man TV series.
A slew Marvel characters are heading to the small screen after MGM+, the linear network formerly known as Epix, and Amazon Prime Video ordered a suite of live-action series from Sony Pictures Television.
The deal is a culmination of a complex web of rights that meant the series will have to debut first on a linear network, in this case MGM+, which is set to be relaunched with its new name in January. MGM+ will have the first window in the U.S. and the series will then air on Amazon’s Prime Video streaming service in the States. Internationally, the series will also air on the Amazon streamer in 240 countries and territories.
The pact includes over 900 Marvel characters that Sony controls as part of an arrangement that pre-dates Disney’s acquisition of Marvel. It has been a top priority for the studio, which signed a massive deal with Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse pair Phil Lord and Chris Miller in 2019. The duo will exec produce the suite of series with Spider-Man franchise producer Amy Pascal.

8/29/2023: A live-action Spider-Man Noir series is in the works at Amazon.

12/4: Steve Lightfoot will be a co-showrunner for the "Spider-Man Noir" series.

Last edited by a moderator:

the greenman

It's like you read my mind :p.

I still don't get what the point of Spider-Man Noir is with a rando as Spider-Man.
Honestly, I don't either. Do we know if this is live action or not? Personally I will scream from the rooftops for Spider-Ham.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Nicolas Cage has officially signed on. Per the official logline, “Noir” will tell the story “of an aging and down on his luck private investigator (Cage) in 1930s New York, who is forced to grapple with his past life as the city’s one and only superhero.” Oren Uziel is the co-showrunner. Harry Bradbeer will executive produce and direct the first two episodes.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Nicolas Cage To Star In Spider-Man Noir Series For Amazon"​

noir-1710441785114.jpg

"Nicolas Cage has always had superheroes on the brain, so much so that he would name his progeny “Kal-El” (wonder how that kid’s doing today). But he’s rarely been given the chance to actually PLAY one. At one point in the 90s he was enlisted to play Superman and fight a giant spider, but those plans fell through, and the only way you can see what that would’ve looked like is to subject yourself to the Flash movie.

Despite pushing 60, Cage finally got the opportunity to be a superhero thanks to the power of animation and Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who cast him as Spider-Man Noir in Into The Spider-Verse. Though the film was a smashing success, we didn’t expect the kind of spinoff where the man would step into the trenchcoat for real. But that’s what’s happening.

Amazon and MGM have announced a team-up with Sony for a live-action Spider-Man Noir series where Cage will reprise the role. The series “tells the story of an aging and down on his luck private investigator in 1930s New York, who is forced to grapple with his past life as the city’s one and only superhero.” The show will simply be called “Noir.”"

Read the full article here.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts