"Spider-Man - The Ultimate Villain Showdown" DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment On This Release!

• ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

Spider-Man

Sounds like a sort of ridiculous thing to start a lawsuit over. The image has been copied plenty of times before...but I suppose that was just by Marvel. I am interested to see how this ends.

Joe Wagner

The one, true Scarlet Spider!
The lawsuit does seem kind of stupid to a sense but I can see Marvels view point of it. They only gave Buena Vista the rights to certain pictures and didn't want the DVD to be closely associated with the movie because it could have lead to a backlash for the movie or the DVD.

From Marvel's point of view people that didn't care for the animated series or the Spider-Man comic may have associated the movie with being more of the same. Also they could have gotten in trouble because the Spider-Man image is not representative of the stuff on the disk - it would have been like WB advertising the Batman DVD's with art by Bob Kane - people would have been disappointed when they found out the DVD had nothing to do with the Bob Kane style of Batman. The way a product is marketed reflects the way people think of the product and how much they would be willing to purchase the product and stuff associated with the product.

Also Marvel is currently pushing their Ultimate line and even Merchandise not associated with the Ultimate line is being sold under the Ultimate Spider-Man logo. Now that I think about it I'm surprised Marvel didn't put the first issue of the Ultimate Spider-Man dotComic on the disk - it would have been a great opportunity to spark interest in the comic in people that picked up the disk.

-Joe!

Kanshisha

I'm da Pain Train!
Spider-man DVD

The new DVD they came out with the one with the cartoon eps on it. Its like Spider-Man the ultimate showdown.
Does anyone know what Eps are on the dvd and if its worth buying? I saw it in the store and I didn't know if i should of gotten it or not.

Christopher N. Denner

Defender of WTC film stock
It has the episodes 29 thru 32 on it, of the FoxKids Spider-Man series, as well as a special episode from the 60s. I'm sure if you search this forum, you'll find a rather large and detailed thread about it.

Trevor

I must say that I'm glad that I picked this DVD up when it first came out. Of course back then it was because of only one thing...it contained the 1967 Origins of Spider-Man episode, an episode I hadn't seen in a while. Infact that was the reason that I picked up the next 2 Spider-Man'94 DVD releases---they contained an episode from the 67 series (and then I picked up the remaining two because I wanted to complete the DVD set, and get all the Spider-Man DVD's).

But, even though the Origin of Spider-Man episode on this disc is in fairly rough shape when you compare it to the version that Buena Vista would release 2 years later, the transfer was still very good, along with the transfers for the Spider-Man'94 episodes. Disney must've used a 7.4 GB DVD disc so that they wouldn't have to apply that much compression to any of the videos or the special features.

The menu's are amazing on this release, plus the rogue dossier was well done.

Hopefully we'll get Season or even Volume sets next year once the X-Men series is finished.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Happy 4th of July!
Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?

Featured Posts