Spongebob movie teaser

Alex Toon

Tails wishes a happy 15th!
Pyro~ManiacX said:
Shark Tale- I've never heard of this
I'm not sure, but I think that's the new name for Dreamworks Sharkslayer

The Polar Express-never heard of this either
It was a book that involves something with a preteen finding a siler bell in his presents, which he forgot on The Polar Express because he had a hole in his pocket.

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
That trailer was wicked clever. I recognized clips from U-571, The Hunt for Red October and what I could swear was Down Periscope ("It almost sounded like...singing."). Looks interesting.

The Lizard

Will Gladly Pay You Tuesday
alextoon said:
I'm not sure, but I think that's the new name for Dreamworks Sharkslayer
Yes, it was billed as that a few months ago. It's about a "shark mafia" with voiced of Robert De Niro and Will Smith.

-The Lizard :D

Originally posted by Pearl
IMO i think the movies would look better if they looked the way the show does on TV. Hopefully this will be the first decent Nicktoon movie

I couldn't disagree more. With the likely exception of South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, when a feature film doesn't go through the extra effort to spruce up its animation from its tv source material, I am apathetic towards the project. The Rugrat movies have done a good job of creating a sense that you are actually watching a movie and not just a 90 minute episode. On the other hand, the Hey, Arnold! movie left me dissatisfied by the attempt. This is the way I see it. Movies, since they cost more and cost me money should go all out and wow me. OAVs, since they have a much more limited budget sould at least hold my attention graphically. And, series work obviously gets the least work since it has to be spread out over a full season and is probably assembled in South Korea (or in some very odd Bullwinkles, Mexico.) Now, I am not saying that the storylines or addition features like improved scoring aren't worth notice, it's just that since this is a visual medium, aesthetics are important.

Now, from the little we see of the possible animation in the Spongebob trailer, I have some hope for its eventual outcome. Spongebob and Larry had some three-dimentional shading that kept my eyes pleased at the prospect of the feature next year.

And I too enjoyed the U-571 and Red October sequences. Oh, and I think Lonestar was right about seeing scenes from Kelsey Grammar's Down Periscope even though he was wrong about the quote.

Dudley

Staff member
I couldn't agree more, BabySeaClubber. Except being dissapointed about the animaton in Hey Arnold's movie, because that was originally going to be a TV movie.

Have ya'll seen the trailer to the Teacher's Pet movie? Now that looks like a 90 minute episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Oh, it's my birthday!
The New Woody Woodpecker Show was just removed from Peacock... Can this show just take a break from being screwed over?
TVLand, CMT, MTV2 (as well as Nickelodeon channels) will be simulcasting Kids Choice Award 2024 according to zap2it!

Featured Posts