"Star Wars: Skeleton Crew (Disney+ Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
2/13/23: New report now saying Skeleton Crew characters will not show up on The Mandalorian.

3/10: Gorian Shard rumored to be the main villain.

3/20: Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert directed an episode.

3/30: David Lorey rumored to be directing an episode. EDIT: THR confirms.

4/5: Jake Schreier rumored to have directed an episode.

4/7: Directors confirmed to be Jon Watts, David Lowery, The Daniels, Jake Schreier, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Lee Isaac Chung.

4/8: At panel were Jude Law, Ravi Cabot-Conyers, Kyriana Kratter and Robert Timothy Smith. Law's character is a Jedi. Tunde Adebimpe and Kerry Condon also in cast. Vane from The Mandalorian season 3 appears. Description of trailer shown. New logline "'Skeleton Crew' follows the journey of four kids who make a mysterious discovery on their seemingly safe home planet, then get lost in a strange and dangerous galaxy. Finding their way home—and meeting unlikely allies and enemies—will be a greater adventure than they ever imagined."

5/5: Quotes from EMPIRE. Clarifies it's not a kid movie because kids are in it.

5/11: Law took inspiration from Han and Kenobi.

Jaleel White confirms he's playing a pirate that requires 2 hours of makeup and reveals the show will premiere around November/December.

5/29: WGA website lists the show having 8 episodes.

6/1: WGA website reveals Jon Watts and Christopher Ford wrote episodes 1-4 and 7-8 and Myung Joh Wesner wrote 5-6.

7/4: Watts calls it "a story about a group of kids, about 10 years old, from a tiny little planet who accidentally get lost in the Star Wars galaxy. And it's the story of their journey trying to find their way home."

7/5: Comments from director Christopher Ford and Jude Law.

9/5: Reportedly delayed to 2024.

10/7: Listing indicates a January 2024 premiere.

11/30: Now it's been reportedly delayed to a Thanksgiving/Christmas 2024 premiere.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.

Featured Posts