Summer 2007 era - 10 Year Anniversary Thread

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
10 years ago, Cartoon Network kicked off the "Summer 2007" era, which was really the start of the Stuart Synder era for Cartoon Network (I believe the actual date it started was June 4th, 2007, June 1st was the last day of the "Yes" era, technically). Also, the "Miguzi" block ended on June 1st, 2007.

Many CN fans considered this the moment when Cartoon Network started to decline in quality. Personally, I never understood the need for a new branding that was only meant to last 3 months.

Here's a Cartoon Network Summer 2007 promo:

What are your memories of this era?!?

imanidrayton

10 years ago, Cartoon Network kicked off the "Summer 2007" era, which was really the start of the Stuart Synder era for Cartoon Network (I believe the actual date it started was June 4th, 2007, June 1st was the last day of the "Yes" era, technically). Also, the "Miguzi" block ended on June 1st, 2007.

Many CN fans considered this the moment when Cartoon Network started to decline in quality. Personally, I never understood the need for a new branding that was only meant to last 3 months.

Here's a Cartoon Network Summer 2007 promo:

What are your memories of this era?!?
I remember watching new episodes of Class of 3000, that was the only show I watched during that era, and this was during my downfall years.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
It felt lackluster, even though it already started after 2004 (based on what the older CN fans, who were from 1992-2004, already slated about this) or 2006.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JaredCap43™

I'm the Mighty Pocoyo, no CEO can defeat me!
I think I may have seen CN during this era, but I mostly remember watching Season 5 of SpongeBob and Season 11 of Arthur. I've been imagining what Cartoon Network would look like if they kept the Yes era for the 2007-2008 season.

SmileyToonatic

I LOVED this era!!!!! Summer 2007 was the BEST summer of my life, I was 9 years old at the time and I watched so much Cartoon Network at this time!!!!! I especially remember watching lots of new Camp Lazlo episodes that summer, along with new episodes of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and My Gym Partner's a Monkey, so many awesome childhood memories. I also remember CN airing movies like School of Rock and Spider-Man, which were live-action, but it wasn't too distracting. It's hard to believe that it was a decade ago, time sure flies. CN was so much fun to watch back in those days, Summer 2007 was easily the greatest summer of my childhood.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
This is kind of when I stopped watching CN that much. Pretty much only KND and EEnE were the only two shows I really cared about. I might watch Billy &a Mandy or Fosters every now and then, but I was mostly done with the channel.

DavidVi11aronga

"Get a load of T H I S"
Oh man MY NOSTALGIA IS KICKING IN! I personally found this era VERY underrated and it looked kind of cool, especially for the time. I have so many memories watching the bumpers and promos and all. Sadly, there aren't many videos online about this era, but this was probably one of my favorites (mostly because of my nostalgia).

Last edited by a moderator:

ToonsJazzLover

Oh yeah, this was actually one of the last times I was a regular watcher of CN, before things change around fall 2007/early 2008. Still, the decline that happened following it is still better than the second dark age right now. I thought CN was still watchable since the live action stuff didn't started to show up until the fall later that year.

jaylop97

Staff member
From what I remembered some people weren't that into the Hive's music promo that aired that summer. As for me I liked it and that summer was really great I remembered the marathon of Pokemon that played around June and how the channel had a better assortment of scheduling as well, and I can't forget that new at 7 premiere that would play that summer, though I'm sure I already mislabeled that block.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I didn't have cable at that time so I avoided of what happened at that time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moose_tracks12

I was 10 years old when this era came about. I barely got a chance to experience the era because I didn't have cable for a few months at the time from April 2007 to July 2007, so I never got to see the big CN events like The Best Day Edder, Cartoon Network Invaded, or the 2 day Pokemon Master Marathon where they played episodes from the first 9 seasons of Pokemon to gear up for the premiere of Diamond and Pearl, so that kind of sucked.

For Summer 2007, I was kind of jealous that I never got too much of a chance to watch this era, and I missed the weekly premieres of Camp Lazlo and Foster's (2 of my favorite shows at the time) during the Summer at 7 block. I also was upset that I never saw the July 2007 CN premieres of Shrek and Billy and Mandy: Wrath of the Spider Queen, and based on the ads I saw on CN's website at the time, they really hyped up those movie premieres.

I didn't get my cable back until the second half of July 2007. The only premieres I remember seeing at the time were of Pokemon: Diamond and Pearl when CN would air new episodes every weeknight at 7:30pm, and the only other big premiere I saw that summer was the Ben 10: Secret of the Omnitrix movie in August 2007.

Overall, Summer 2007 wasn't something I really got to experience too much, but looking back it does seem like it was a bit of a decline in CN's run, but I still would have loved to experience more of the big premiere events of that summer.

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts