55x55_dna_ben10_bl.png
- Number 302

Mystery, Incorporeal
premieres
TODAY at 9:00 AM
repeats
[see schedule]

This week...
An old enemy emerges while Ben and Rook are visiting Kevin and Gwen at college.​

zoombie

Lucky Girl is Gwen secret identity. Why bother, most of her enemies (Hex, Charmcaster) know her identity.

A Charmcaster mention awesome, and Rock pernouncing her name hillarous, something the magic info disappearing from plumbers headquarters will come into play. I will say it again like last week, plumber security sucks.

And the way Zed looked at the nerd, I think he is the villain.

Edit:

I was right, he is the villain, he is Darkstar. Darkstar is back. Hopefully down the line, they get the ultimate revenge on him and have Ben pawn off Looma on him, like Kevin did to him. That would be hillarous.

Rhaynebow

At this rate, I'm expecting Ben and crew to be called 'Meddling Kids' at the end of the episode. Not the most subtle callback to Scooby and the gang.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
There was nothing better on today so I decided to check this show out.

Okay, why are Kevin and Gwen even a couple? They have no chemistry anything in common or even a general tolerance of each other oh well at least they're not cramming it down our throats.

And of course the only likable character in this episode was the villain instead of the other obvious one WHAT A TWIST.

*Groans* now they have to do the over done door chase scene my god this show sucks.

Wow what a terribley thought out way to end out the episode does every episode just end with Ben's watch pulling out a convenient deux machina?

Man this show is worse then Ultimate Spiderman when it panders so I guess that's why it has it's fans, its another show where people are just happy to turn off there brain and enjoy the needless pandering,

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
You really haven't seen the show lately have you?

I do watch it and it's one the stupidest shows on Cartoon Network.

Keep in mind I've hated Ben 10 from the beginning but this is seriously the icing on the cake

The characters and villains are poorly written and treated more as sheer jokes.
The plots are lazily written with a preference to putting out jokes every five minutes, god I miss how the original series had an overfed moral instead.
The jokes aren't even that funny they're just references! If your not a fan it's basically just hahaha get it? Because that was funny in another show!
Rook is one of the worst character ever created in my opinion.

zoombie

Despite the goofy personna of the episode, this was awesome.

First of all we see Lucky Girl, though why bother to have a secret identity if her all enemies (Hex, Charmcaster, and now Darkstar) know her identity, one reason why the UA episode "Hit Em Where They Live" never made much sense because most of the villains always knew Ben's identity, speaking of UA, something I always wonder how did Gwen and Kevin fell that Ben got all the celebirty treatment, you would think they would get some left over celebrity.

So Charmcaster was what you call a red herring with those rock monsters, but I wonder why those monsters aren't gold like before when Darkstar powered them. Darkstar is the villain, the nerd in disguise, I don't like jocks picking on nerds, but in this case I make an exception, Darkstar has a cult, okay. He was always very minipulative, but that was when he had his good looks.

I love it when Ben took over Darkstar body, I love when they just pick on Darkstar like a pinata. Ben can only turn to Ghostfreak, something tells me that is part of a larger plot, just like the masked guy in last week's episode. It is obvious who the guy in the hood that Darkstar was talking to was, those that have seen videos and pictures previews, you know who it is.

In the end the best part for a lot of us, Charmcaster finally returns, and best of all gets her revenge on that jerk Darkstar. I love her new look, she looks great. I still think the best punishment for Darkstar is to find a way to make Looma his finance. If Ben can find a way to pull that off, great. If Charmcaster is on earth, I think Darkstar a divertion to get out of her Ledgerdomain, why the guy in the hood does something in Ledgerdomain. But that is for another episode. A step forward, that Charmcaster was in Gwen's college, and she just left Gwen alone, maybe she is letting go of that grudge. Funny thing I think Darkstar have replaced both Gwen and Charmcaster as the person those two hate the most when it used to be each other. Darkstar is uniter.

Great episode, only disappointment all we saw of you know who was his hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alonso Torrejon

That was the best episode of Omniverse ever.

I'd almost believe one of the girls look just like Jinx.

The part with Ben and Kevin laughing at Gwen was priceless.

Loved that Scooby-Doo-esque chase when the nerd was taking Gwendolyn prisoner.

Who could've guessed Darkstar was posing as a nerd the whole time?

Love Ghostfreak's new look along with him inside Darkstar's body.

Knew Charmcaster would be back. Hopefully, she becomes a heroine/anti-heroine again.

So Ben got a degree. Why are Gwen, Kevin, and Rook upset?

Great episode. Look forward to the next one.

Lonestarr

Stop eating my sesame cake!
Staff member
So Ben got a degree. Why are Gwen, Kevin, and Rook upset?

Near as I can tell, Ben got a degree without having to attend any classes at the college (and has he even finished high school?!). Meanwhile, the studious Gwen is doing all she can to pass her classes.

And Kevin and Rook were likely upset because an accolade like this is going to make Ben even more insufferable (not an unreasonable complaint, in my view).

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Man this show is worse then Ultimate Spiderman when it panders so I guess that's why it has it's fans, its another show where people are just happy to turn off there brain and enjoy the needless pandering,

How the crap is Ben Omniverse worse than Ultimate Spiderman at least Ben 10 doesn't treat its audience like idiots by forcing exposition down there throats, at least Rook is at worst Tolerable versus Spidy's Horrible teammates that are there to give him crap especially White Tiger and Nova, at least the humor in Ben 10 is consitant to the plot and doesn't have those chibi/ family guy esqu cutaway gags and Ultimate Spider man also does pandering to the people who read comics so not much difference there. Yeah Ben 10 is not one of my favorite franchise and I think that it lasted too long but Omniverse is still a hell of a lot better than Omniverse

Lerkero

I don't get why Gwen would bother having a secret identity. It's more of a hassle than it is a benefit. Most of her villains know who she is and they wouldn't hesitate to attack Gwen if they wanted to. Ben is well known so Gwen not doing the same is awkward.

Why did they have to go and give away who the real villain is? The scene where Zed snarls at the orange-haird kid was unnecessary. Save some suspense, jeez.

The rest of the episode was good. I enjoyed the references to Scooby Doo. They weren't too heavy handed and Ben 10 is a cartoonish show I I say let the staff have a bit of fun.

Ben getting a doctorate at the end was funny too. He could possibly be a professor of extraterrestrial studies.

I do watch it and it's one the stupidest shows on Cartoon Network.

Keep in mind I've hated Ben 10 from the beginning but this is seriously the icing on the cake

The characters and villains are poorly written and treated more as sheer jokes.
The plots are lazily written with a preference to putting out jokes every five minutes, god I miss how the original series had an overfed moral instead.
The jokes aren't even that funny they're just references! If your not a fan it's basically just hahaha get it? Because that was funny in another show!
Rook is one of the worst character ever created in my opinion.
So you decided to chime in and tell everyone how much you STILL dislike the show that you never liked in the first place? You watch one episode out of the several dozen available and complain about characters you would know nothing about. How would you know about the chemistry between Kevin and Gwen when you don't watch the series? I don't disagree that their relationship didn't have chemistry in this episode, but would you expect that for every episode?

Every episode of Ben 10 isn't about references.

Funny is relative

Thanks for your input. I'll be sure not to pay attention to it.

Korra_Fan

In the end the best part for a lot of us, Charmcaster finally returns, and best of all gets her revenge on that jerk Darkstar. I love her new look, she looks great.

Agreed, it was great fanservice since "Couples Retreat" was such an unpopular episode.

Knew Charmcaster would be back. Hopefully, she becomes a heroine/anti-heroine again.

According to all spoilers, she already is an anti-heroine. She may still clash with Ben and co. but not because she's evil, just due to different methods and a different mental state from them. We have more to worry about Kevin becoming a full-on baddie again than we do Charmcaster.

Tokustar

One of the best Omniverse episode yet.

We got continuity reference from from OS,AF and UA

Michael character was nicely done,he one of my favorite villains in the franchise

Two of his henchmen looked like Raven and Jinx from Teen Titans

Wile it was lacking alien the character interaction was awesome.

I hate Sunskin Ghostfreak design i prefer his OS/UA design.

The episode ending was one of the best so far.

Pretty good episode.

Wasn't expecting the nerd to be Darkstar.

I also liked the Scooby-Doo references, and the fact that Ben can use Ghostfreak without Zs'Skayr taking over.

Also nice to see Charmcaster and Zs'Skayr return.

Alonso Torrejon

Agreed, it was great fanservice since "Couples Retreat" was such an unpopular episode.

According to all spoilers, she already is an anti-heroine. She may still clash with Ben and co. but not because she's evil, just due to different methods and a different mental state from them. We have more to worry about Kevin becoming a full-on baddie again than we do Charmcaster.
You're right. We've already lost Benlie. The last thing we all want to see is the end of Gwevin. I'd be incredibly upset if it came to that.

zoombie

Why did Zed grawl at the nerdy kid?, it is not like Zed has ever meet Darkstar before. Or can she just sense evil intention without meeting the person before hand

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts