Tearjerker moments in animation

CottonSwab

Well, there have been moments in animated movies where I cried (when I was a kid) because I felt it was a sad moment or something, like in "Fievel: An American Tale" when he seperates from his mother, or in the Chipmunks mothers day special, I found them kind of sad and worth shedding a tear over. But then there have been times when I tear up because of an epic moment, shows like Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist have caused me to do this, but it's rare for me to break down because something within an animated film or show has caused me to feel that kind of emotion, plus I tend to enjoy action based shows, and you don't find a lot of sad moments in those kind of cartoons.

mowub

The obvious answer: Ending sequence of Futurama's Jurassic Bark, with Seymour waiting years and years for Fry, who never comes.

FGfan

I've yet to see an animated moment that had me choked as much as X-Men: TAS' "Graduation Day." Seriously, it's a RARITY for shows to have such a tearjerker finale.

dexter

Give 'em the laaazy eye!!!
i loved the part in the simpsons movie when marge leaves him the tape, that really got to me. it was the most real thing i have ever seen in animation.

the fivel movies were great for a heart felt moment

bambi when i was younger could send me from a happy smile to snot bubble crying in a heartbeat.

there have been others but those stick out.

Baltofan

American Tail too (RIP Dom DeLuise for off topic!)

The Flight Before Christmas brings back memories with my family holidays.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Babmi's gone, ah well. Okay: "Mother!"-Littlefoot The Land Before TIme..:crying: The beginning of Gargoyles, especially Goliath's "I've been denied everything! EVEN MY REVENGE!".

Silverstar

Strong to th' Finnich
The "Baby Mine" scene in Dumbo, where Mrs. Jumbo cradles her son from inside her cage. If you're not emotionally moved by that, you must be some sort of robot.

Sparticus

Should be drawing right now...
The end of Cowboy Bebop.

Trigun at various points.

Gintama at the end of the Mitsuba arc and towards the end of the Itou arc. Egad Kondo's speech - and then he started crying, and then I started crying... XD

strawberryjuice

This is probabaly the WORST example but.. lol

"Kenny dies" I cried like a baby hahahahaha
edit: OH
that scene in the powerpuff girls when the mutated sisters dies...

chdr

The ending of Jurassic Bark.

I don't think it's possible to not cry at that ending.

satam55

I've yet to see an animated moment that had me choked as much as X-Men: TAS' "Graduation Day." Seriously, it's a RARITY for shows to have such a tearjerker finale.
I 100%

I agree 100% on this. It's #1`on my list. Other shows with tearjerker finales are Superman: TAS because it's not right for the series to end like that with the people of metropolis have turned on him, no longer trust him and now are anti-superman even after all he has done for them. I gotta also go with Spider-Man: TAS even though it ended on a cliff hanger, just knowing it's the final episode made me want to cry.

But most of all I have to go with the end of JLU, because it literally had me crying like a baby with tears and all (No Joke), knowing it is the end of the DCAU/Timmverse.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
Honestly there have been quite a few moments over the years that I could consider tear jearkers, most of these were when i was Younger of course & while I was watching either a Disney movie or a anime. But More Recently I found that Bandai's animes have a decent amount of Tear jerkers in them, I mean theres been at least one episode in Eureka seven, Code Geass, Gurran Laggen & Gundam00 where I've found my eyes fog up, some out of joy, others out of sadness. but In general I try not to get emotional while watching TV shows.:sweat:

Spideyzilla

Staff member
I'm the only person I know wh tears up a little while watching Finding Nemo. I guess you could count that.

Yeah, that's sad. Especially the beginning. We watched it in school, and the teacher fast forwarded it. Thank you! How about Bruce losing Andrea in Batman: Mask of the Phatasm? I also cried in the BTAS episode "Heart of Ice". Freis yelling "Nora! Nora!" was heart wrenching. And finally, even my dad was upset in the first episode of Superman TAS. Finally, Spider-Man's "Turning Point". Wow.

Dr.Pepper

Staff member
For me:

Bambi, Lion King, Land Before Time, ect. -Its always sad to see a parent die

Pokemon -the episode where Pikachu almost went to live in the woods had me practically bawling

Kids Next Door -Operation INTERVIEWS left me with a lump in my throat after Numbuh 1 went into space

ABrown

The best example that I can think of is the Beast Wars episode "Code Of Hero." Very dramatic how Dinobot took on all of the Predacons to save the early humans, and then sad seeing him meet his final fate at the end of the episode.

W.C.Reaf

The best example that I can think of is the Beast Wars episode "Code Of Hero." Very dramatic how Dinobot took on all of the Predacons to save the early humans, and then sad seeing him meet his final fate at the end of the episode.

I was just about to say that.

“Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence.”

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts