"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary Edition" DVD/Blu-ray Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment On This Release!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ****1/2

• ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out the exciting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition release on DVD and Blu-ray!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition
Studio: Warner Home Video
Release Date: August 11th, 2009

Synopsis: Warner Home Video is honoring the 25th Anniversary of the iconic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with a tribute to the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic books and products, as the authenticity and strength of the brand has shown true staying power for a quarter of a century. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is beloved by parents, kids, and young adults alike as they embody the values of brotherhood, teamwork, and family … and they’re “totally tubular, dude.” Both the Blu-ray and DVD options include all four feature films, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time and the 2007 CGI hit, TMNT. The Turtles’ bravery and humor continue to resonate with audiences as the four heroes in a half-shell maintain their status as beloved global icons with no end in sight to their pizza-loving, crime-fighting ways. Check out these great four features on DVD and Blu-ray today!

Blu-ray Bonus Features:
-Retro pizza box packaging
-Exclusive reproduction of ”TMNT: The Movie” comic book
-Exclusive original sketch with creator Peter Laird’s autograph
-Collectible character cards
-TMNT beanie hat.
-The original TMNT Blu-ray release bonus features
-Trailers

DVD Bonus Features:
-Collectible tin DVD travel case
-Four turtle masks
-Temporary tattoos
-Character bios
-"Sewer Maze" game
-"Pick That Flick" Challenge
-The original TMNT DVD release bonus features
-Trailers

Discuss This Blu-ray and DVD release!

Please post all discussions and comments about the DVD in this thread! Please discuss the main features in the proper talkback, as linked below.

Related Threads:
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Blu-ray/DVD Review (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III Talkback (Spoilers)
-TMNT Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Season One DVD Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Classic Series Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Future Tense: Volume One Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Volume One: Heroes In A Half-Shell Talkback (Spoilers)
-Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Collected Book: Volume One Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Please keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material. We will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. Please keep discussion ON-TOPIC!

Mandouga

I read on another thread that the first movie was edited in some way. Now, I'm a little confused here. Is this new DVD and Blu-Ray the same as the original theatrical release (if anything) or has it been edited in some way?

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
In the Blu-ray set, are the special features on the TMNT (the animated one) disc the same as the ones on the individual Blu-ray of TMNT that was released back in 2007, or do they just not exist on it at all?

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Wait... edited the movie? Oooooooh boy they better not have. The first movie finally gets a Blu-ray release and a bare bones one for that matter and they even have the nerve to edit it? That better not be true.

Saw both at Best Buy today. Tempted to get the DVD set now since I like the pack-ins especially the DVD holder which I'm hoping can hold more than 4 DVDs. In which case I'd use it to hold the best DVDs in my entire TMNT DVD collection which incidenty wont include TMNT II or III. :p If it only holds 4... I might still want the case though it's use would be limited. I like the masks though, hopefully they're not child size.

The Blu-ray set has stuff I REALLY want such as the auto-graphed TMNT art and the comic book for the first movie Mirage Comics published... but I can't bring myself to fork over 60 bucks for those 4 movies bare bones (hopefully TMNT still has it's extras) even if it's Blu-ray. Cause for one thing I don't have a Blu-ray player yet but as with all major technological purchases (DVD players and video game systems) a TMNT product might be the thing to sway me into picking one up.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful

Sketch

http://www.collectorsquest.com/blog...ja-turtles-25th-anniversary-movie-collection/

According to this review the case for the movies has 16 extra slots to fill. Consider this thing bought. I know I'm easy to please but I like the idea of having a specialize TMNT DVD case for the best of my TMNT DVD collection. Not too mention I like the masks pack-in as well.

It's not like I paid much for any of the movies individually anyway... except TMNT which was about 20 for the Target special edition.

EDIT:

Well I checked Wal-Mart to see if I could get the box even cheaper there and it turns out I could get it for 24.99 instead of 29.99 problem is... it's not the special edition it's just all 4 movies in a standard DVD case. Yes an even more barebones release and with terrible cover-art (using the TMNT III suits) I might add. So if you thought the Special Edition was lame this just plain takes the cake. Still... it's cheaper than buying all 4 movies seperately or even buying the 3 movie box that previously existed along with TMNT. But what TMNT fan doesn't already have at least the first movie (usually found for 7.99 or less now) and TMNT 2007? Not many.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Guy

I checked Wal-Mart to see if I could get the box even cheaper there and it turns out I could get it for 24.99 instead of 29.99 problem is... it's not the special edition it's just all 4 movies in a standard DVD case. Yes an even more barebones release and with terrible cover-art (using the TMNT III suits) I might add. So if you thought the Special Edition was lame this just plain takes the cake.

I saw that at Target for $23. I think it's dumb. You can get the first 4 Superman movies in a combo pack, each movie with special features, for $10. Yet, they are selling 3 barebone DVDs and one with extras for $23?!

It won't last though. By Black Friday they'll be selling it for $7.50.

JeffBreakdown

Well I checked Wal-Mart to see if I could get the box even cheaper there and it turns out I could get it for 24.99 instead of 29.99 problem is... it's not the special edition it's just all 4 movies in a standard DVD case. Yes an even more barebones release and with terrible cover-art (using the TMNT III suits) I might add. So if you thought the Special Edition was lame this just plain takes the cake. Still... it's cheaper than buying all 4 movies seperately or even buying the 3 movie box that previously existed along with TMNT. But what TMNT fan doesn't already have at least the first movie (usually found for 7.99 or less now) and TMNT 2007? Not many.

i saw that set today...hideous. i've had all the dvd's for the last 6 years for about $5.50, so i don't know why anyone would buy this set. i'm getting the blu ray set friday anyway, but wow.

Spider-Man

I balked at buying the Blu-ray at first but I'm glad I caved and bought it anyway. The box set is pretty cool and having the movies in hi-def is a real treat. While they don't look and sound as good as a movie today the first three movies look and sound great. There's still grain and stuff but they look really good and TMNT looks absolutely brilliant in hi-def. I really like the comic it came with and that actually encouraged me to go to the book store and pick up the TMNT COLLECTED BOOK VOLUME ONE trade (which is huge!). I am really happy with what I got here and if you have a Blu-ray player and love the Turtles then you can't pass up this set!

I am really glad I skipped the DVD set based on what I saw here at Toonzone and elsewhere.

Storm Eagle

Power to the peaceful
I balked at buying the Blu-ray at first but I'm glad I caved and bought it anyway. The box set is pretty cool and having the movies in hi-def is a real treat. While they don't look and sound as good as a movie today the first three movies look and sound great. There's still grain and stuff but they look really good and TMNT looks absolutely brilliant in hi-def. I really like the comic it came with and that actually encouraged me to go to the book store and pick up the TMNT COLLECTED BOOK VOLUME ONE trade (which is huge!). I am really happy with what I got here and if you have a Blu-ray player and love the Turtles then you can't pass up this set!

I am really glad I skipped the DVD set based on what I saw here at Toonzone and elsewhere.

Grain? What's the resolution of your HDTV?

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
I hate to criticize the OP, but the third movie isn't called Turtles in Time.

It is now, I've seen that name used in every review and press release for this collection and I believe the name is used on the Blu-Ray version. It was originally a tentative title. I like it (Even though it causes confusion with the video game), especially considering the second move had sub-title but the third didn't. Maybe 15 or so years down the road TMNT (2007) will have one.

Old Guy

Did they actually put the sub-title, Turtles in Time, in the movie? If not, then that's not the title. The box can call the movie all it wants, but if it's not in the actual movie then it's not the real title.

Old Guy

the first movie definitely looked its age

It's not so much that the movie looks its age. It's also that it was a low-budget independent movie. So, their equipment wasn't the best. The movie was released in 1990, but it looks more like a 1988-89 movie. If you were to watch a big budget Hollywood movie from 1990 on Blu Ray it'll look better and newer than TMNT 1.

felixthunder

The only Edit's the original Turtles movie ever had was with moving Nuncku.

I doubt very much this set has any edits,because the edits where for International markets like the uk and some parts of Europe.

JeffBreakdown

1080p. Maybe grain was the wrong word to use but the first movie definitely looked its age which I didn't mind. It still looks great I thought.

i know exactly what you mean, but it still looked good.

i went to best buy yesterday to pick it up and i couldnt find it on the shelf. the sales lady said they had 2 left so we looked for a bit then she went to the back, came back to me and said they probably got swiped. i went to 2 targets and a wal mart, no dice. then i went to an FYE in the mall and they had it, for 70 bucks. end of story, i bought it on amazon today, ill get it tuesday, taking advantage of my 1 month trial of amazonprime.

last night my friend came over with his set and we watched the first 2, can't wait to see TMNT in hi def, i put off buying the hd-dvd when i heard this set was coming out.

Sketch

I got the DVD set and is it me or does the first movie DVD actually have more grain than before? Kind of looks like it to me.

The masks are large enough for adults so that's nice. The CD case that comes with it is pretty slick looking.

And one other reason I considered this set worth buying is both the first movie and TMNT's original DVD releases were two sided and I really don't like two-sided discs they're an accident waiting to happen IMO. So now I have both movies on a single sided discs.

Spider-Man

I got the DVD set and is it me or does the first movie DVD actually have more grain than before? Kind of looks like it to me.
I'm glad I didn't get the DVD version of this release because the discs seem to be exactly the same in every way from the first DVDs for these movies. Look at the menu grabs from the bottom of this review:

http://wfdvdreport.com/index.php?action=fullnews&id=1064

I can't believe WB wouldn't spring for a new DVDs for these. I wonder if they have a plan for a release of the first movie on Blu-ray next year for the 20th anniversary like with what WB did for Batman.

I'm really glad I picked up the Blu-ray collection because seeing the DVD collection prices between $30 - 40 just seems like too much for pretty much the same DVDs as before but in a bigger packaging. And speaking of that I wish WB used packaging like the Batman Anthology Blu-ray for this set. It takes up so much space on the shelf.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The first South Park movie is 25 years old today.
New profile pic: Zadie from Work It Out Wombats!
The CSC Channels prior to 2017 were actually amazing. A shame it was all thrown under the bus.
Lesson learned. Never talk to anyone ever.

Featured Posts