"Terminator Zero" (Netflix) News & Discussion (Spoilers)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"English Voice Cast Revealed For Terminator Zero Anime"​

Terminator__Anime__u_S1_E1_00_01_50_15-scaled.jpeg

"T-minus two months until Judgment day hits Netflix. The Machines are spreading to anime for the first time with Terminator Zero, set to premiere at the end of August. The streamer released the identities of the starring roles earlier this week.

In addition we now know a bit more about the plot: the series takes place entirely in Japan, taking the focus away from people with the last name “Connor” or “Reese” for the first time. It’s 1997 and Tokyo resident Malcolm Lee is haunted by apocalyptic dreams. He figures the only hope for humanity’s future lies with KOKORO, the super-advanced AI system he’s secretly building."

Read the full article here.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

"First Trailer Released for Netflix’s Terminator Zero"​

Terminator-Zero-new-image.jpg

"Ah, here we go. We hadn’t had much to go on, visually, for the Terminator anime Netflix has been building up — until today, when the first teaser trailer finally came back from the future.

Terminator Zero is not only the first anime production based on this IP, but the first to set itself outside the US with a new cast of characters. It’s set in 1997 Tokyo and follows Malcolm Lee, a scientist haunted by apocalyptic dreams. He figures the only hope for humanity’s future lies with KOKORO, the super-advanced AI system he’s secretly building.

You might think (and so did we) that KOKORO is either an off-branch of Skynet or something that will become Skynet, but according to the latest press release, that’s not the case. KOKORO will actually stop Skynet if it progresses to completion. Because the Machines can’t have that, they send a Terminator from a post-apocalyptic 2022 to hunt Malcolm down."

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

"Terminator Zero: Full Trailer Now Live"​

tzero.jpg

"As we inch closer to Judgment Day (which is August 29, mark your calendars), Netflix has finally released a full trailer for their Terminator anime, Terminator Zero. It’s not only the first anime production based on this IP, but the first to set itself outside the US with a new cast of characters.

Malcolm Lee, a scientist living in Tokyo in 1997, has been having some very Sarah Connor-like dreams of being skeletonized by a nuclear explosion. Fearing for humanity’s future, he builds KOKORO, a super-advanced AI system designed to fight that OTHER AI system being developed in the West, should it go haywire.

And that other AI system doesn’t appreciate that. A Terminator is sent from the apocalyptic future to exterminate Malcolm and his family, while Eiko, a guardian from the resistance, also arrives at the same time. Since you’ve likely seen at least one Terminator movie, you know where this is going."

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wow, this looks really... good.

So that's the Skynet AI that Malcolm is conversing with? Intriguing he's getting these prophetic dreams.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Changed to the Hungarian-flagged avatar because of a national holiday.
Whenever I get my first LPS toys (hopefully soon), I am considering doing a little unboxing video in the style of LPStubers. It would be nothing professional, I just want to show off my stuff in a fun way.
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

Dont worry, Me TV Toons taking its time to air the Scrappy era is nothing too bad, this is what CN did back in the day, they felt the need that people "needed to get fully tired of the old episodes" before they brought in the new stuff with Scrappy. We will see it again.
Mejo wrote on Daffyrocks's profile.
Hey Mihai, just saw that your channel was terminated.

My condolences go to you. Really hope that your channel gets reinstated.
DFC-licious!

Featured Posts