The 10 Best Comic Homages in Marvel Cartoons (Editorial)

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"The 10 Best Comic Homages in Marvel Cartoons"​

Best-Marvel-Homages-scaled.jpg

"Marvel Comics may not have invented the superhero, but they became a dynamo of creativity in the Silver Age. The House of Ideas created their most popular characters during that age, and some of the most iconic and genre defining moments sprang out of that era.

The decades that followed produced loads of cartoons based on the characters created in the 1960’s. Spider-Man, The X-Men, The Avengers, and The Fantastic Four have waxed and waned in popularity over the years, but they have starred in numerous cartoons. No matter what kind of take each different cartoon may have, they never forget what made those characters popular in the first place. Naturally, these cartoons pay tribute to their greatest moments in the form of visual homages."

Read the full article here.

Rick Jones

Big Fan
Staff member
Some of these live rent free in my head, like the Fantastic Four and Avengers references. Another big one for me is the recreation of Todd McFarlane's Hulk/Wolverine cover in Hulk Vs.

Anytime I see Spider-Man buried under rubble, I expect it to turn into an homage of the classic sequence, and it was done to visual perfection in Spectacular Spider-Man.

A really personal one, there was a shot in X-Men 97, after Storm saves Jubilee and Sunspot, where Storm stands and it looks like she came right out of Art Adams art for Classic X-Men #1. That was a really cool moment for me.

Awesome editorial.

Christopher Glennon

Punch Drunk Flounder
Staff member
Reporter
Some of these live rent free in my head, like the Fantastic Four and Avengers references. Another big one for me is the recreation of Todd McFarlane's Hulk/Wolverine cover in Hulk Vs.

Anytime I see Spider-Man buried under rubble, I expect it to turn into an homage of the classic sequence, and it was done to visual perfection in Spectacular Spider-Man.

A really personal one, there was a shot in X-Men 97, after Storm saves Jubilee and Sunspot, where Storm stands and it looks like she came right out of Art Adams art for Classic X-Men #1. That was a really cool moment for me.

Awesome editorial.

Thanks!

I didn't even think of the Hulk/Wolverine one, and I wasn't aware of the Classic X-Men #1 (although my favorite visual reference in X-Men '97 was Magneto ripping the adamantium from Wolverine, I just left it off because it felt too spoilery).

Just goes to show how many awesome images there are!

Frontier

Staff member
It's kind of funny for me that a lot of my introduction to these iconic comic moments was from cartoons before I actually read the comics they originated from :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts