The Angry Birds Movie 3 (Spoilers)

SpongeBobFan2004

entering the next level
Staff member
Reporter

Today, Rovio Entertainment Corporation, SEGA and Prime Focus Group have launched "The Angry Birds Movie 3" into production. The film will be animated by DNEG, directed by John Rice, from a screenplay by Thurop Van Orman, produced by John Cohen, Dan Chuba & Carla Connor and executive producers are Cohen and Toru Nakahara. The film will be produced by Rovio, SEGA and Prime Focus in association with One Cool Group, Flywheel Media and Dentsu. No release date or distributor has been set as of yet but Jason Sudeikis and Josh Gad will reprise their roles as Red and Chuck respectively.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Admittedly it is weird we're getting a third though. I mean yeah after how well the first did I get that having a follow up but Angry Birds 2 actually DIDN'T make a profit or even break even technically since you need at least 2.5 and half times your world wide box office to fully be considered profitable and that flick was like 10-15 million short of doing that. Granted the second was a bigger critical hit overall but that usually doesn't dictate another film in the series being made. I guess Sega is trying to branch out to get more hit film franchises with how well Sonic translated but yeah doesn't have a lot of big IPs right now to do so thus is buying and working with others to get on that level thus pushing this movie forward which eh if it's on the level of the second will at least be decent.

harry580

I wonder if Sony Pictures will distribute the movie like they did with the 2 others films or maybe a new distributor (paramount or netflix maybe?)

Pooky

Staff member
Admittedly it is weird we're getting a third though. I mean yeah after how well the first did I get that having a follow up but Angry Birds 2 actually DIDN'T make a profit or even break even technically since you need at least 2.5 and half times your world wide box office to fully be considered profitable and that flick was like 10-15 million short of doing that.

I am surprised, but there are, even in the streaming age, more ways to make money than at the Ticket Booth. There was a quite a bit of merch for the second movie, and it seemed to trickle out over the year or so after the movie rather than being all released at once, so maybe those sales were enough to justify a third movie.

At any rate, I enjoyed the first two so I'll check this out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes
Xilam is one of my most favourite animation studios, I enjoy alot of their cartoons from Hubert and Takako, Oggy and the Cockroaches and Zig and Sharko. Xilam is a studio that has inspired many and has created endless classics that we enjoy.

What's your most fond memory of Xilam?
Given how Drew Barrymore's production company Flower Films has mainly made live action projects for older audiences, them producing the TV special Olive The Other Reindeer and the Netflix preschool show Princess Power are definitely quite unusual. It would certainly explain the humor of the latter.
According to TVInsider, MTV2 will premiere Sponge on the Run movie on Sat Jul 13 at 6pm
It's such a shame that the anime with the long-pink-haired girls like Hinagiku Katsura and Bocchi are never officially dubbed into English. What do you think?

Featured Posts