The CBC Action Figure Thread

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I love action figures and figurines. I can have Buffy the Vampire Slayer and the Bone Cousins save Elmo, Baby Kermit and Milhouse from Gul Dukat and Darkseid.

Best. Crossover that never happened. EVER!

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
Shortpacked Big Pile of Toy Links: Feb 24, 2005

Howdy,

Newsarama.com has reported back from Toy Fair. Check out part 1, which has pics of Teen Titans TV show toys and news from Justice League Unlimited and DC Direct. Big item: there will indeed be toys based on the Krypto the Superdog TV show, including yet another Ace the Bathound in toy form.

Part 2 has a more in-depth conversation with the DC Direct rep and more info on Marvel Legends, the Fantastic Four movie toys (including more confirmation of talking Thing feet), SOTA, and Art Asylum Minimates.

Finally, Heidi MacDonald of The Beat has her writeup of Toy Fair, including the news that the whole thing may disappear next year due to declining toy sales and ever dwindling margins pressed on toy manufacturers who have to deal with Wal-Mart. As if we needed MORE reasons to think Wal-Mart Is Evil.

However, she does have a photo of Super Grover box art. By Alex Ross, who claims Super Grover introduced him to superheroes.

(Pic removed...comicon.com seems to be having issues)

I must have it. I must. Then he can sit next to Adventurer Kermit.

-- Ed/Ace

Last edited by a moderator:

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Wait, are those Sesame Street Action Figures? Who makes them, when will they be released and how many am I allowed to buy?

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'm impressed with the FF movie figures. Since there's only 5 characters getting the figure treatment, there seems to be a great variation in the figures, rather than generic repaints/replacement heads.

The Spider-Man villains are dissapointing. Mysterio's head is utter crap, as is Beetle and the remaining villain is another Doc Ock. Glad we're getting that box set, it sorta makes up for it. Who doesn't love that Lizard? :cool:

Hopefully, that first appearance Spider-Man is a mix up. We've already seen the far cooler version, the one on display is a repainted McFarcline Spider-Man with a new head... which doesn't actually look like Dikto's Spidey. :sweat:

Eddie G.

Former Wolf/Writer.
I actually have an action figure help question. Last year for my birthday I bought and Enid from Ghost World action figure. However I let my sister have it for a rather long time and got it back in pretty bad condition. There are black smudges along the body of the figure and I'm not sure what exactly is the best way to clean the figure without damaging it. It is a really nice figure.

Tim Drake

Batman figure w Batsignal

I may be misguided but I remember something about one of the Mattel Batman lines to be releasing a Batman with Batsignal. Is this still happening? I think it was the generic comic book style Batman not The Batman or Batman Begins.

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
# Spidey, Amazing Spidey,
He's the greatest mod in history,
From the town of Yorkshire,
He's moving this thread to CBC!
#

:D

Man, that's one ugly figure. I'm glad they're trying for more articulation, but damn, Batman looks like someone took a hammer to him and tried to glue him back together. Blind folded. The super, super articulated figure is much, much worse too, if I remember.

Weibart

Intercept Now!
Reporter
I'm a little lax in my action figure collecting, but man, I think I might spring for these Hellboy action figures. These put all the other Hellboy figures to shame. They have just the right amount of detail while still retaining that trademark Mignola-ness. The Kiegaffe and Von Kempt are absolutely perfect.

I'd love to make a little stop motion short using these figures sometime :cool:.

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
screw on head said:
I'm a little lax in my action figure collecting, but man, I think I might spring for these Hellboy action figures. These put all the other Hellboy figures to shame. They have just the right amount of detail while still retaining that trademark Mignola-ness. The Kiegaffe and Von Kempt are absolutely perfect.

I'd love to make a little stop motion short using these figures sometime :cool:.

Holy mother of...I want that Hellboy. I've yet to buy a Hellboy figure and I've been itchin' to get one and that one is just...amazing looking.

Wish he had a coat but...still, bad-ass.

-BB

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Well, after I bought Deathlok today, I now have all the pieces for Galactus. This thing is hugh. I'm impressed with it. I probably wouldn't have bought all the figures had he not come with them, but I'd gladly do it again. I've recently purchased the ML Fantastic Four set from last year too, and he fits in greatly with them.

Has anyone else managed to get a Galactus yet? :)

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Comicbookresouces soliciations have revealed that a new wave of Batman/Superman figures are coming, this time based on the Supergirl Returns arc. It isn't pretty...

Last edited by a moderator:

Conekiller

On the Cruise!
Micheal Turner-style doesn't translate to 3-d well :sad:

Got most of Marvel Legends wave 10 (except Mystique, but she comes with the same piece as Omega red) just for Sentinel (which ROCKS!) Gave away Omega Red and Black Pather to friends , gave Spidey to little bros, and kept the rest (wish Sinsiter had wrist joints)

Also, I picked up some Xevoz on a whim since they were on clearence and totally fell in love with them! I reccomend them to anyone just for their sheer ammount of customizeablitiy (and they're like...$2.50 at TRU, if you can find em. or 3 for $10 at KB, with 2-paks going for 7.99 and orange tag buy one get one half off :D:anime: ) Seriously BUY THESE AWESOME TOYS BEOFRE THEY'RE GONE!

Mike Spartz

Underrated Performer
I'm thinking of getting evil supergirl off of the new set shown about two posts above me. She looks very cool. :evil:

Stu

Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I figured a bump was in order, since this is the time most of the toy news seems to come out. Already, we have pictures of the new Spawn line, based on the recently delayed animated series, available at Figures.com

It's also reported that the new Spider-Man line, Spider-Man Origins will feature Spider-Man's new red/gold armour suit in one of it's waves. The rest look to be repaints, but they could throw a surprise or two in.

On the Marvel Legends side of things, we have an Anhilus build a figure wave, with Planet Hulk, Ultimate Iron Man, Banshee, Hercules, Emma Frost and Movie Beast.

Expect to see pictures from the Ghost Rider movie figures soon too.

Comments?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The Sonic 3 trailer really made my day. That was fantastic!
How impacted would animation be if Ted Turner never bought MGM/UA's library in 1986?
I watched this film tonight.
MV5BYWQ4OGI2MmQtZjUxMC00Njg2LWJiZTQtYmFmZjI5ZmI1Y2U1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA1NjE5MTAz._V1_QL75_UY281_CR1,0,190,281_.jpg
Happy Doggie Day!

Adam Conover's recent video about streaming destroyed TV is a much watch,

This is what happened when Wall Street was trying to please everyone, but end up pleasing no one.

Featured Posts