The CW4Kids Talkback: Dinosaur King [November 2008] (Spoilers)

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Ask and you shall receive!

Well, this should make babynaruto1 happy. Volume 2 of Dinosaur King now has a release date: February 3rd, 2009.

downtownshowdownry3.png

Baby Naruto

Well, this should make babynaruto1 happy. Volume 2 of Dinosaur King now has a release date: February 3rd, 2009.

downtownshowdownry3.png

You have NO idea how happy you just made me D Dubbs :D *huggles*

*runs off to Netflix to see if they have it in their database, and if so, put it at top of queue to rent*

EDIT: Dang it, they don't have it in their database at all yet :(.

Last edited by a moderator:

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
Saturday's episode was pretty fun. Strange how Seth seems nicer to the D-Team than his own comrades (re: attacking Ursula/Iguanodon in Ruff and Ready). He warns them about the mill going to blow up, and even lets Max get Chomp's card back.

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
Saturday's episode was pretty fun. Strange how Seth seems nicer to the D-Team than his own comrades (re: attacking Ursula/Iguanodon in Ruff and Ready). He warns them about the mill going to blow up, and even lets Max get Chomp's card back.

By now it's common knowledge that Seth doesn't like Ursula, Zander and Ed, and he never associates with them when it can be avoided. Could have something to do with the fact that he's Dr. Z's only competent minion.

Nikkolas

This is a general 4Kids question but I figured I might as well post this here...

I read in another thread, about Yugioh SD, surpsie that 4Kids didn't change some feminine man into a girl. . When have hey ever done this? If that was true, Mokuba should definitely have been Kaiba's little sister.

Light Lucario

Staff member

downtownshowdownry3.png

Awesome news. That's a pretty cool cover too and it comes out close to my birthday. That makes it even better in my case. I should probably get the first DVD too, but I didn't since 4KidsTV was airing season one repeats again during that time. That probably won't be the case for when this DVD comes out.

Nikkolas said:
This is a general 4Kids question but I figured I might as well post this here...

I read in another thread, about Yugioh SD, surpsie that 4Kids didn't change some feminine man into a girl. . When have hey ever done this? If that was true, Mokuba should definitely have been Kaiba's little sister.

I'm sure that's a typo, but its actually Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. And you're right that people were surprised to see that they kept Raiely, or however you spell his name, as a guy, despite how he looks like a girl. The only time I remember 4Kids actually changing the gender of one of their characters was one of the two Team Rocket characters in The Legend of Thunder special. Though, truth be told, he did look more like a girl to me, but the voice by Veronica Taylor and the hair probably helped with that for me. I'm not sure if they did another gender change in another series though.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
By now it's common knowledge that Seth doesn't like Ursula, Zander and Ed, and he never associates with them when it can be avoided. Could have something to do with the fact that he's Dr. Z's only competent minion.

Well, Rod and Laura are pretty smart too, but Helga forces them to study most of the time instead of battle.

But yeah, the relationships within the Alpha Gang are pretty complex, which is one of this show's strong points. So far in the series, members like Seth, Laura and Rod have been largely neglected, but as the season winds down, we'll see more and more development of the individual Alpha Gang members.

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
Well, Rod and Laura are pretty smart too, but Helga forces them to study most of the time instead of battle.

I didn't forget Rod and Laura (they're 2 of my favorite characters on DK); I didn't mention them because they're not technically minions of Dr. Z; they're his grandkids. Dr. Z wouldn't give them the business the way he would one of his underlings. (Except Helga of course.) ;)

It would be nice to see Laura in Rod in action more; they seem to know their stuff when it comes to battling.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never

@Silverstar: Yes, but he was being nice to the enemy. How many people do you see do that?!
@Nikkolas: I guess they decided that it was alright for Rally to be a boy. There are some boys that look like girls (and vice versa).

Taoku

Otaku Chicks
This has happened with every HD episode of Dinosaur King on the player so far. I believe the HD version is the original 'clean' version, so 4Kids doesn't add on the English text until they're putting together the cropped version.

I didn't even know they were airing it in HD. My CW affiliate here in Chicago just airs the cropped ver., even on the HD station.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
I didn't even know they were airing it in HD. My CW affiliate here in Chicago just airs the cropped ver., even on the HD station.

It's not in HD on television or on DVD, only on the video player at 4KidsTV.com, for whatever reason. And even then, the only episodes in HD are the second season episodes, though they're planning to upload the first season episodes in HD eventually.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Saturday, November 22nd: Episode 37

English Title: "Dueling Dinos"
Japanese Title: "Dinosaur Decisive Battle In Waste!"

Episode Description: A dinosaur appearance brings the D-Team to Oklahoma at the height of rodeo season. With Ursula and her underlings stuck caring for an ailing Dr. Z., Rod and Laura head to Oklahoma in their place. After goading Max into entering a local rodeo, the duo lays plans to claim the Saurophaganax that first brought them all here.

they showed both guns on the tv gun duel and even the gun shot made the other guy fall over. were they supposed to be in Oklahoma, and not mexico or US in general

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
Wow. Rod and Laura were pretty darn sneaky this ep. They played poor Max like an out-of-tune accordion, battled like pros, made a side-deal with Seth, and they even handed out some disses to Ursula, Zander and Ed as well.

But I can't hate them for it, since they apparently have an goal to fulfill: to reunite with their parents. Which brings me to my only question: if Laura and Rod have parents whom they miss terribly, then how come in an earlier episode they acted as if they didn't even know what a father was?

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
Which brings me to my only question: if Laura and Rod have parents whom they miss terribly, then how come in an earlier episode they acted as if they didn't even know what a father was?

Oh yeah, that scene in "Escape from Zeta Point" when Rod says, "So that's a father..." If I remember correctly, in the original version, it was more ambiguous, with Rod just saying "Otosama..." which means 'father.'

At the time that episode was written, today's episode hadn't aired in Japan, so I don't think the translator knew what to imply for that scene.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Today's episode was pretty good and interesting. I was also surprised that 4Kids kept the guns scene in there since I figured that they would color them or something. So Rod and Laura want to reunite with their parents? I guess that would make sense as to why they didn't care about if the dinosaurs needed help or not in an earlier episode. I thought that it was cute how Max was so into the Western music, but I thought he was acting like a real bone-head during this episode. He got tricked into riding the horse by Rod and Laura and then into that showdown with the new dinosaur so easily. I kind of felt bad for the Alpha Gang since they were trying so hard, but they didn't stand a chance against that new dinosaur, especially with that super powerful move.

Rod and Laura definitely had a better plan than the regular Alpha Gang usually have. They were so sneaky and if I didn't know about how they miss their parents, I would have been kind of mad at them since they sounded kind of stuck-up to me. Even though they took the new dinosaur pretty easily, at least we did learn that there are thirty-six dinosaur cards out there. With the four dinosaurs that the Alpha Gang uses, including the new one Seth made, and the one that they got today, that means that there should be five more cards out there. Even though I agreed with how angry Rex and Zoey were to Max, I almost felt bad for him as they were yelling at him. Seth had one creepy smile at the end of the episode too, which was kind of cool too.

Overall, a pretty cool episode. I like seeing more of Laura and Rod and seeing why they're there. They definitely have the best battling skills in the Alpha Gang. I'm looking foreword to the new episode to see what happens next.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
Today's episode was pretty good and interesting. I was also surprised that 4Kids kept the guns scene in there since I figured that they would color them or something. So Rod and Laura want to reunite with their parents? I guess that would make sense as to why they didn't care about if the dinosaurs needed help or not in an earlier episode. I thought that it was cute how Max was so into the Western music, but I thought he was acting like a real bone-head during this episode. He got tricked into riding the horse by Rod and Laura and then into that showdown with the new dinosaur so easily. I kind of felt bad for the Alpha Gang since they were trying so hard, but they didn't stand a chance against that new dinosaur, especially with that super powerful move.

Rod and Laura definitely had a better plan than the regular Alpha Gang usually have. They were so sneaky and if I didn't know about how they miss their parents, I would have been kind of mad at them since they sounded kind of stuck-up to me. Even though they took the new dinosaur pretty easily, at least we did learn that there are thirty-six dinosaur cards out there. With the four dinosaurs that the Alpha Gang uses, including the new one Seth made, and the one that they got today, that means that there should be five more cards out there. Even though I agreed with how angry Rex and Zoey were to Max, I almost felt bad for him as they were yelling at him. Seth had one creepy smile at the end of the episode too, which was kind of cool too.

Overall, a pretty cool episode. I like seeing more of Laura and Rod and seeing why they're there. They definitely have the best battling skills in the Alpha Gang. I'm looking foreword to the new episode to see what happens next.
I missed the English version, why were Zoe and Rex mad at Max? And what did Rod and Laura say to Seth after they returned to Zeta Point?

Light Lucario

Staff member
I missed the English version, why were Zoe and Rex mad at Max? And what did Rod and Laura say to Seth after they returned to Zeta Point?

I don't think that Rod and Laura were mad at Max. They were just doing a really good job at tricking him so that they could get the new dinosaur. I was just saying that if I didn't know about how they missed their folks and needed the dinosaur cards in order to get home, I would have been more upset with them. When they returned to Zeta Point, Rod and Laura asked Seth if they could go on another mission, which I believe Seth did say that they would soon.

DinoQueen13

Life is Now or Never
I don't think that Rod and Laura were mad at Max. They were just doing a really good job at tricking him so that they could get the new dinosaur. I was just saying that if I didn't know about how they missed their folks and needed the dinosaur cards in order to get home, I would have been more upset with them. When they returned to Zeta Point, Rod and Laura asked Seth if they could go on another mission, which I believe Seth did say that they would soon.
I think there was a misunderstanding, I asked why Rex and Zoe were mad at Max.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!

Featured Posts