The CW4Kids Talkback: Dinosaur King [November 2008] (Spoilers)

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think there was a misunderstanding, I asked why Rex and Zoe were mad at Max.

Oh that's what you said. My mistake. I don't why I thought you asked about Laura and Rod there. Sorry about that. At that scene, they were basically upset with him for falling for Laura and Rod's tricks so that they could get the dinosaur, they could have saved the dinosaur if it wasn't for him and that the Alpha Gang would probably do some experiments on it now because of how he messed up. A tad harsh perhaps, but he did mess up pretty big during this episode.

D Dubbs

Wish Upon A Star
cw4kids.jpg
dinosaurking.jpg

Saturday, November 29th: Episode 38

English Title: "Mythical Mix Up"
Japanese Title: "Helga, the Dinosaur Goddess!?"

Episode Description: The D-Team head to Cambodia in pursuit of a new dinosaur and soon find that Rod and Laura have beaten them there, and have brought their nursemaid Helga along for support. Local villagers, who recognized the dinosaur as a creature from local legend, immediately hail Helga as a goddess sent to protect them. True to legend, Helga makes a brave showing against the Stegosaurus that threatens the village, but the D-Team must step in to stop it completely.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Anyone else freak out when they saw Helga's head detach? :p I had no idea she was a robot.

Same here. I was not expecting her to actually be a robot. Though that does explain why she's so focused on rules, especially Rod and Laura's studies, and that she survived a heavy fall twice when it clearly wasn't a comic fall like what happens with the Alpha Gang.

This was an interesting episode. It's about time that they Stegosaurus on the show since its one of the most well-known dinosaurs around. I was somewhat surprised that the villagers thought that it was a mythical monster since outside of the scales, it didn't look like the craving at all. It looked more like an ancient giant snake to me. It was cool to see Rod and Laura go on another mission, but it was a surprise to see that Helga was going along too. I was surprised that she just fell out of the plane like that and then everyone thought that she was a goddess from the legend. The Stegosaurus made at least somewhat more sense than that. I did get a good kick out of it though.

Man, Rod and Laura tricked Max again with that math problem. He really shouldn't be falling for anything else they say after what happened last time. I thought that it was cool how the Stegosaurus attacked with its tail like that. I also thought that it was weird that the people thought that Helga controlled Chomp during that whole time. The battle was pretty good though. For a moment, when Max was using that move card, I actually thought that he was going to say Thunderbolt. And that's what happens when I don't get a new Pokemon episode apparently.

Even though Max earned that card fairly, Rod and Laura still got it anyway. I was kind of upset with that since Rex or Zoey so should have run in to get it. Either that or Max using a whip in order to grab the card, similar to what his dad would do in some of his appearances. Still, it was pretty cool to learn that Helga's a robot. From the way Seth was looking at the end of the episode, I wonder if he has something else planned other than just collecting the rest of the dinosaur cards.

Overall, it was a pretty fun episode. Even though it didn't make much sense, I still got a good laugh when Helga became a goddess and Max kept on forgetting her name throughout the rest of the episode. I'll be looking foreword to watching another episode next week.

Silverstar

Kooky Spooky
Hm. So Helga's a robot. Somehow, I should probably be more surprised than I actually was about that....

Max got "schooled" by the Alpha kids...again! Max should know not to trust anyone over 30...years in the future.

The final scene has all the eyemarks that Seth may have a hidden agenda; and I have a feeling that his plan isn't just to help Rod and Laura reunite with their folks.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

So, lemme get this straight. VA's have gone on strike protesting AI replicating their voices, and SAG-AFTRA signs a partnership deal with Narrativ? Apparently this is the second time SAG-AFTRA has done something like this.
Toonsylvania is a hidden gem from the late 90s, A real shame that the show hasn't been recognized since the early 2000s.
25 years ago today! Fox Kids introduced the United States to Digimon , the anime. Happy American 25th anniversary to it!

Featured Posts