"The Ghost And Molly McGee" News & Discussion Thread

Ace

Ace
I had a hunch the show was in trouble and its mostly the fact that Disney Channel doesn't rerun the show as quite as often. They get 2-3 airings a week and that's it.

Eldorado

I know the show didnt set the world on fire but it did have very good ratings for this era. If Disney Cancelled it, it shows there is simply no way they can be trusted with sticking with a show, so EVEN LESS people will be willing to watch.
Not to mention it did pretty good when it came to streaming numbers. It makes me afraid they're going to be like Nickelodeon where if a show doesn't reach the same amount as their top show it would get canned no matter how good the ratings were.

aegisrawks

Not to mention it did pretty good when it came to streaming numbers. It makes me afraid they're going to be like Nickelodeon where if a show doesn't reach the same amount as their top show it would get canned no matter how good the ratings were.
But this is their top rated show. Only Firebuds (What is that BTW) does higher. What do they want from shows at this point!?

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
Disney still makes high quality stuff. But after this for me, there is nothing else for Disney for me at the moment. Moongirl may be the last thing left of value on the channel (for me, no offense to greens or the other animated shows) but that show tapered off for me a long while ago. Quite sad for the channel. I don’t think it’ll go the way of Nick but if they do, I ring the funeral bells.
But this is their top rated show. Only Firebuds (What is that BTW) does higher. What do they want from shows at this point!?
I have no idea anymore. I loved this show. It’s sad. Maybe because of the whole ghost thing and the romance being a side thing it went the way of cancellation. And yet yes it has high ratings. Reminds me of a certain other ghost show from Nick.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
It wasn't always , there were times Hailey's on It, and Kiff, and Hamster and Gretel did better in ratings. And we don't have the 6-11 demo data. Big City Greens is the network's #1 show.

Eldorado

It wasn't always , there were times Hailey's on It, and Kiff, and Hamster and Gretel did better in ratings. And we don't have the 6-11 demo data. Big City Greens is the network's #1 show.
That's what I'm afraid of. That unless shows reach Big City Greens level of ratings they're screwed!

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's what I'm afraid of. That unless shows reach Big City Greens level of ratings they're screwed!
I don't think that they're quite there yet. They still promote shows like Kiff, Hailey's On It and The Ghost and Molly McGee all the time. Granted, I mainly watch Disney Channel On Demand, but I haven't noticed them promoting shows less than Big City Greens. That's still much better than what most Nicktoons get by comparison. If this series had a more overaching storyline, then ending it after two seasons might be a bigger concern, but since it is mostly pretty episodic, I don't think that potentially cancelling it is necessarily a sign of Disney not wanting to renew shows unless they're at that level of ratings success. It would still be a shame for this series to only have two seasons, but it wouldn't be as upsetting compared to something like The Owl House being cut down.

Ace

Ace
Umm yeah even if Disney cuts shows down it's not like Nickelodeon levels of not giving things a chance. A few shows dominate the schedule but unlike Nick they still keep a variety of shows in rotation. When you'd rarely see new shows air reruns after they premiered in favor of Spongebob. Not to mention the number of shows Nick has cancelled before they ever premiered for whatever reason and shipped off to Nicktoons or sold off to Netflix.

Original IPs actually have a chance on Disney Channel. Where on Nick they're more in favor of proven IPs and reboots and if you do get your original idea on Nick you'd face an uphill battle competing with those older more proven franchises.

Eldorado

Umm yeah even if Disney cuts shows down it's not like Nickelodeon levels of not giving things a chance. A few shows dominate the schedule but unlike Nick they still keep a variety of shows in rotation. When you'd rarely see new shows air reruns after they premiered in favor of Spongebob.
Funny you should say that because TGAMM, HOI, BCG, MTOLACN, HAG, MGADD, B, and K pretty much dominate Disney Channel now with rare showings of live-action tweencoms. Normally that would a dream come true to have animation take control but now it's gotten pretty stale.

If this series had a more overaching storyline, then ending it after two seasons might be a bigger concern, but since it is mostly pretty episodic, I don't think that potentially cancelling it is necessarily a sign of Disney not wanting to renew shows unless they're at that level of ratings success. It would still be a shame for this series to only have two seasons, but it wouldn't be as upsetting compared to something like The Owl House being cut down.
Right, but there's still the storyline of Scratch and Adia and I don't know if they can cram that into the little amount of episodes we have left. Especially if the theory of Scratch being Todd's wraith is true.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Right, but there's still the storyline of Scratch and Adia and I don't know if they can cram that into the little amount of episodes we have left. Especially if the theory of Scratch being Todd's wraith is true.
They most likely weren't planning on this being the last season if that is indeed the case, so I don't know if they would have resolved much of that to begin with. That would be a shame to leave that story unresolved or to rush to its conclusion, but it isn't like cutting The Owl House's third season into a set of three specials.

Eldorado

They most likely weren't planning on this being the last season if that is indeed the case, so I don't know if they would have resolved much of that to begin with. That would be a shame to leave that story unresolved or to rush to its conclusion, but it isn't like cutting The Owl House's third season into a set of three specials.
Worst part about TOH is that is wasn't the original planned ending.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
According to this list, a new episode, "White Christmess / Perfect Day" will be added to Disney+ on December 6. Presumably it could also air on TV next month before this date.

EDIT:
Yep, it's airing December 1st on Disney Channel and here's a log-line.

Friday, Dec. 1
Original Series – Episode Premiere on Disney Channel and Disney XD
The Ghost and Molly McGee “White Christmas/Perfect Day” (2-09)
(8:00-8:30 p.m. EST)
“White Christmas” – Scratch stresses about getting Molly the perfect gift, while Molly crafts a winter wonderland for the seniors.

“Perfect Day” – Determined to have the perfect day, Molly asks Scratch to cast a time-loop curse so she can fix every mistake when her day keeps going wrong.
TV-Y7

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
It's True Colors and For the Future all over again.

Spotlight

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts