"The Ghost and Molly McGee" Talkback Thread

ShadowBeast

Now that the cat is out of the bag I'll just post my review here

So like, I didn't like Jinx vs. It was pretty much crammed to finish off the season 2 plot line. Jinx amounted to nothing, and the Reuben Chen's backstory was lackluster with geoff being his scary ghost. like come on. it was all too rushed.

Now The End.....a lovely episode. I loved all the callbacks, and it centered around the town, which is where the real story is. Molly is Scratch's Jiminy Cricket, and she did her job and helped him, and loved him. The wraith theory being true is pretty much this show's "Rose is Pink Diamond". I really loved it. Good end.

After "Jinx" I just can't take Jinx serious enough to be a major villain. She's a huge downgrade from the Chairman. She's a villainous fangirl. I agree about the Chen's, Nothing much was really done aside from three episodes with two of them being laughing stocks. I had a feeling that it was gonna be Geoff who had scared Reuben (a pathetic backstory, though still better than MLP's Starlight Glimmer).
I agree that there was just not enough buildup for these threats.

The End could've used a little more build up too, But what it had already was so much better than the Chen's and Jinx's. One of the creator's said that there's still a chance for a third season, but I think he was lying because there is no way to continue after this episode unless they plan to do a time skip where Scratch eventually kicks the bucket officially and rejoins an older Molly.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
After "Jinx" I just can't take Jinx serious enough to be a major villain. She's a huge downgrade from the Chairman. She's a villainous fangirl. I agree about the Chen's, Nothing much was really done aside from three episodes with two of them being laughing stocks. I had a feeling that it was gonna be Geoff who had scared Reuben (a pathetic backstory, though still better than MLP's Starlight Glimmer).
I agree that there was just not enough buildup for these threats.

The End could've used a little more build up too, But what it had already was so much better than the Chen's and Jinx's. One of the creator's said that there's still a chance for a third season, but I think he was lying because there is no way to continue after this episode unless they plan to do a time skip where Scratch eventually kicks the bucket officially and rejoins an older Molly.
no it's been offically canceled. Noel Belknap confirmed it on a server - that the scripts were greenlit but the season wasnt produced.

Attachments

• image-63.png
    image-63.png
    37 KB · Views: 59

Eldorado

no it's been offically canceled. Noel Belknap confirmed it on a server - that the scripts were greenlit but the season wasnt produced.
Geez, I wish we could've seen those scripts and know what might've been.

Anyway, here's Bill's parting words to us fans.

Attachments

• tumblr_697c41b198d310eb4e5584a8732b7b30_ea84d04e_540.jpg
    tumblr_697c41b198d310eb4e5584a8732b7b30_ea84d04e_540.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 50
  • tumblr_f9ed45831960e768ff51812aebb746d7_a8664086_540.jpg
    tumblr_f9ed45831960e768ff51812aebb746d7_a8664086_540.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 45
  • tumblr_64d231d166765ad66b6084c59a20c264_ee0953f2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_64d231d166765ad66b6084c59a20c264_ee0953f2_1280.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 49

ShadowBeast

Does anyone think Scratch was pretending to not remember Molly and the others after getting his body back? Him calling Molly "Molls" seems to imply it, but he could just have faint memories.

Eldorado

Does anyone think Scratch was pretending to not remember Molly and the others after getting his body back? Him calling Molly "Molls" seems to imply it, but he could just have faint memories.
Spoiler!

Also, there was that shot of him looking briefly sad as he was leaving before smiling again.

prpis

Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs
i hc it as like, subconscious memories. it cant be a prank to me. it goes back to his line in the mind episode - i'd hate to forget you.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
This is the talkback thread. Spoilers are to be expected.
I figured it was either that or his memory was starting to come back at the last second.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
This is the talkback thread. Spoilers are to be expected.

I figured it was either that or his memory was starting to come back at the last second.
Hard to say. It also might be like when he remembered his human life with his wraith memories coming back bit by bit.

And as some point out, he has more chances to where his memories are triggered like if he has Thai food at some point or see the Chens' show and so on.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That was an emotional finale. Scratch being a wraith instead of a ghost was something that I recall being brought up around season one, so it wasn't too much of a shock. The goodbye scene made me tear up. Molly and Scratch's friendship has been really sweet, so having them split apart with the possibility of Scratch forgetting her completely was really sad. I assume that Todd calling her Moll at the end was his lingering memories resurfacing and it is possible that he'll regain more over time. He does mention that he might come back for a visit too.

I've been keeping up with the series, but didn't really post much in the news or talkback threads. It's been a fun series with some charming characters and songs. Despite all of the callbacks in this episode and how much of a series finale it felt, I was kind of hoping that Disney Channel labeling it as a season finale meant that the possibility of a third season were still there. They have announced series finale for plenty of their other Disney Channel animated series, so it wouldn't be a matter of not wanting kids or the audience to know that it's the end. But I guess the statement from the creators makes it clear that this is the finale. I guess that they couldn't really have Scratch become a wraith again after this finale. I haven't seen all of the season two episodes, but I've seen most of them. While there was some setup for Scratch to remember his life, it also feels like this wasn't initially their plan for this season, especially if they did have more scripts for season three. This might have been their intended finale for the next season, but they had to move it up to this season if Disney wasn't interested in renewing it for a third season.

It is a shame. While the series didn't have an on-going storyline, it still felt like it could have pretty easily continued on for another season. It's far from the worst treatment a modern Disney Channel animated series has received, but it's still a bit disappointing. At least they continued to promote the series pretty well all things considered. The finale itself was still an emotional send off for the series and it does leave with some hope of Scratch remembering his ghost life too.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
The Jinx episode was fine, but did feel like they had to pack in alot there, I guess in a different situation they would have had the Chens come around in a different pace and amount of episodes, but it was alright.

The End was pretty nice, glad the show got to have a finale that works well and feels complete. Feels like two different finales were made and both got to air, the Jinx one feeling like a season finale and this one feeling like an end end. I'm glad Scratch got a second chance at life.

I enjoyed the show , season 2 was alright did like Ollie and how things were going there , though I can't say the full season 2 felt strong. It was a fun series. Glad the show kept light and didn't go for everything is all connected and stuff.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Like Antiyonder and others stated I kind of hope that it's a case of occassionally getting bits of his Wraith memories but him not really having or understanding them at all so he really didn't recognize Molly and the others cause quite honestly that to me would make the ending feel a lot more complete and emotional. Like a lot of Disney Channel show endings good as they are try and cheat certain elements especially when it comes to sacrifice. Like with Grunkle Stan's memories seemingly being erased but then they weren't in Gravity Falls. But if like Scratch/Todd only got the memories back like years into this new chapter of his live that would still feel like a sacrifice as yeah he and Molly will never have that specific friendship again but like it's for a new purpose and really does fit the theme of "it may be hard and challenging but life is worth experiencing despite the risks so go out there and do it."

And yeah it is sour that Disney canned this show when it's clear they still had more ideas for it but major props to whoever allowed the team to tell the finale they WANTED to tell with this show as yeah it's clear they made sure to end the show on a definite "we can't really ever come back" with Scratch now being a new guy on this life. And honestly that goodbye paralleling the intro between him and Molly did really hit. Man reminds me as much as I have loved Dana Snyder as a voice actor for... over 22 years now since hearing him as Master Shake on Aqua Teen, I don't know if he's really had a chance in like other projects to flex his dramatic muscles. But him admitting to his fear and thanking Molly for giving him the courage to get over his fears did really hit well and honestly really does make Scratch easily one of his top 5... heck top 3 roles ever. So major props on the team for that even if yeah they were denied a third season but at least got an ending. And you know I appreciate having a solid ending for one of the more slice of life series as we've seen all the best ones usually for the more story arc based shows and while this had bits of arc this isn't that so the finale doesn't hit like that nor should it.

Perla Magica

Digital Love
"Jinx vs. The Human World" was really okay. Geoff being the ghost who haunted Ollie's dad by sneezing was a bit... surprising I guess. We saw Darryl's wraith form three times but this is the only time we get to see Libby, Ollie and June's wraith forms... for like two minutes. It was nice of Scratch to let the chairman's robe free and search the rightful ghost to wear it.

As for the VERY final episode, well, the theory about Scratch and Todd being the same person was right this whole time. I knew this twist going to happen somehow as the series forshadows it pretty well.

Scratch now as Todd doesn't remember anyone he met but somehow remembers Molly's name and the "enhappify" word. Kinda makes sense since Molly was the last person Scratch saw and talked to before going back to his body, and I think few parts of his "afterlife" stayed in his mind.

Oh, and the painting of Molly and Scratch hugging was a callback to their hug at the end of the Bandshell concert episode. How cute. :D

Anyway, it was a very nice bittersweet ending for this show, I don't know how but it ended on the good note. Kinda sad that the season three scripts weren't going to be made, I do feel like "The End" was a season three episode.

And to be honest, I'll miss this fun, colorful, musically, truly enhappifying show. Out of the Disney Channel shows I'll still have Kiff, Big City Greens and Moon Girl to watch.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'll just sum up things for myself here without going too deep/spoiling anything, nor wasting too much time beyond this.....
I'm more than Glad to see this series all about ends on an actually High Tier note. Would be God Tier if Andrea participated in any of this, but oh well.
I can almost change my mind and say this is near perfect, because the focus is on those we care about the most, in the end.

This is up there with Amphibia & The Owl House, in that it all, again - ends on a proper High (almost God) Tier note, at the end of the day.
SO YEAH..... I'm Happy to get what I wanted as Molly herself usually is here, honestly enough.
Now Again, I only wish Andrea was here to say something - but yeah..... I know whom this show is about and whom I've come to care about more than her, anyway, so whatever - I'm just gonna let that go, now.

..... And of course, this show was supposed to Last longer than what we actually got - UGH. I hate it when that happens aplenty. Don't get me wrong, regardless, when I can easily say that at least the ending put its best foot forward to make up for this clearly unfortunate turn of events, so I can't get too angry/be too disappointed or upset, honestly enough.

Just one more show infinitely better than Star Vs Her Own Obnoxiousness from beginning to end for me, personally.
RIP.

Okay, now - take care, everyone.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.
PF9
I wonder what cartoons Caitlin Clark likes

Featured Posts