The Official Live-Action "Naruto" News & Discussion Thread

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of the AnimeSuperhero.com a few days ago:

"There's Finally Movement on the Naruto Movie"

AAAABYxJFBDckfZw1YUEIPwyuIg43Kw_HUBLvnCcgdOlvvf5Nc90SF3HSAi5L8uLyBqjziKBY-kGD2wu2JAqVsdHVR0frb6qG26I_U5v.jpg

"Movie studio Lionsgate is now working toward making a Naruto movie happen, and while that may feel like a reactionary response toward the success of Netflix’s One Piece adaption (really the first live-action take on an anime to work correctly), they’ve had this project on their plate since 2015. One Piece likely pushed them into getting off their duffs with it, though."

Continue Reading....

I couldn't locate a "News" or "Speculation" thread for a live action Naruto movie, so I'm starting this up (and referencing the article) here on the forums.

Comments?!?

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I remember the late 00s Naruto/Avatar the Last Airbender rivalry and was really upset that Avatar got the big budget mega blockbuster treatment over Naruto. In hindsight, maybe not getting a terrible adaptation to sour fans on the animated version was a blessing for Naruto. Still, Naruto's ever-complicated soapy ninja melodrama, shocking twists and betrayals, and all that seem really hard to condense into a feature film. Naruto is one of the more convoluted shonen mythologies out there. One Piece seemed like it was un-live actionable, but it shocked everyone.

harry580

I bet this new nautro movie will get the same crew who did live action one piece to do this movie

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I bet this new nautro movie will get the same crew who did live action one piece to do this movie

This is a Lionsgate production, so I have no idea how good it will be. Just checked and they had nothing to do with the live action Knights of the Zodiac bomb, so that's good.

Frontier

Staff member
I remember the late 00s Naruto/Avatar the Last Airbender rivalry and was really upset that Avatar got the big budget mega blockbuster treatment over Naruto. In hindsight, maybe not getting a terrible adaptation to sour fans on the animated version was a blessing for Naruto. Still, Naruto's ever-complicated soapy ninja melodrama, shocking twists and betrayals, and all that seem really hard to condense into a feature film. Naruto is one of the more convoluted shonen mythologies out there. One Piece seemed like it was un-live actionable, but it shocked everyone.
I think you can get a solid film adapting the first arc with Team 7 forming and Zabuza...but they would be too tempted to jump to the bigger stuff.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
I'm just unsure about this but if anything, the closest thing to a live-action adaptation prior to the announcement was the 2017 filmed version of the stage musical adaptation titled Live Spectacle Naruto: Song of the Akatsuki.

randy-Woody

I hope that the actors will be well chosen, and that they won't do like the live action One Piece, because I have a problem with the actor who plays Luffy... It's only my opinion of course, but Naruto is very eccentric, very playful and we shouldn't fall into cliché.

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts