The Official Live-Action "One Piece" News & Discussion Thread

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Wow even in terms of just USING material from those arcs the live action series is treating One Piece far better then 4Kids did. Though seriously I am glad that instead of trying to rush on Alabasta they are likely saving that for either it's own season or mostly it's own season. I also heard that Season 2 is supposed to have 12 episodes which yeah that will easily fit all of those. As you can do like one for Loguetown, one for Reverse Mountain, two for Whiskey Peek, 3 for Little Garden and then 5 for Drum Island.

Not familiar with Mark but I"m sure he'll be good. It should be pointed out that Jamie Lee Curtis was UNAVAILABLE to play Kureha due to her busy schedule (I think specifically filming Freakier Friday which I guess would have to get dibs for Curtis's time) thus why the role went to someone else and Katey Sagal actually is a good choice. Wonder if that means we'll get more of an actual fight scene with Kureha but hey her just leaning to playing a bit of a heel with a secret heart of gold will be fun.

Obviously they're holding close to the chest though whose playing Chopper... and Robin while we're at it I mean even if we aren't getting Alabasta, if we're getting Whiskey Peek we're getting Robin so yeah curious whose going to play these big major characters.

wonderfly

Brand New Day on Toonzone
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
From the front page of AnimeSuperhero.com:

"Netflix’s One Piece Has Found Its Dr. Kureha"​

pw5ab25t.jpg

"While we’ve known who will appear in Season Two of Netflix’s One Piece for quite some time, as well as who will be playing them, the Great Unknown was Chopper’s fellow medic Dr. Kureha, who gets introduced in the coming season. All we knew was who wouldn’t be playing her.

The role of Kureha was long believed to be going to Jamie Lee Curtis, until the moment it wasn’t. JLC is a huge fan of the series and publicly lobbied to be cast in the role, so it seemed like the most obvious choice, but then an uinresolvable schedule conflict made it impossible for her to take on the role.

Who can fill her shoes? How about Katey Segal? The award-winning actress, best known for Leela on Futurama and Peg on Married With Children, is the one Tomorrow Studios has gone with. They also announced Mark Harelik (Presumed Innocent) will be playing Dr. Hiriluk, which feels like they were going for someone with almost the same last name."

Read the full article here.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Admittedly the name isn't familiar but I have actually watched Sendhil before as I did get into Heroes... first two seasons and actually did like him as Mohinder. I'm sure there are going to be/are a-holes about this particular casting for Cobra as I feel some will say the role's "too whitewashed" or say it's "not white enough" or some such crap either way's disgusting and yeah it's more about the acting and I know he'll be good in that role. At first I was like "why is Cobra cast now if we're not doing Alabasta" but obviously we're getting the Reverie Flashback from Drum Island which yeah now that we have a bigger scope for the Reverie in the story could even be a bit expanded on. Though yeah sure we'll see Sendhill's best work more in the next season then this upcoming one. And if the series keeps going at a good clip

UPCOMING MANGA SPOILERS

See his tragic death from the Elders in like... 10 something seasons

Spotlight

Members online

No members online now.

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

What happened to all our posts from yesterday?
Ok, this was all related to the latest server migration. In addition to not being able to post, I can't log out either well by deleting cookies you can.
Yojimbo wrote on Zedd's profile.
can not post, get this error message (but can post on people's profiles and post status updates)
Forum is back but I (and I assume everyone) can not make a post.
I would love to know what anime are popular in Serbia

Featured Posts