The Shapes (webtoon/comic strip)

Sam the Cartoonist

Hey folks, this is Sam here and I just started posting my daily comic strip The Shapes on Webtoon and Tapas. It's an episodic comedy about a happy-go-lucky cone named Triangle who works for a newspaper company in the fictional city and country Shap City, Shap Island and the motley cast of other shapes personalities around him.

Read The Shapes | Tapas Web Comics

The Shapes

Feel free to give your honest thoughts and opinions, I won't bite.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
@Sam the Cartoonist

As a birthday present to you I caught myself up on The Shapes.

It's great and much better from when I left off near the beginning. "Swear Words" is funny and "Onomatopoeia-Fu" is badass. But the highest compliments go to the "Kidz Suckz" saga. It actually has a bit of surprising emotional resonance, which I love.

I probably won't be reading the strip every day. But I'll do similar binge reads every few months. Honestly, it was a pleasure. Good work.

Sam the Cartoonist

@Sam the Cartoonist

As a birthday present to you I caught myself up on The Shapes.

It's great and much better from when I left off near the beginning. "Swear Words" is funny and "Onomatopoeia-Fu" is badass. But the highest compliments go to the "Kidz Suckz" saga. It actually has a bit of surprising emotional resonance, which I love.

I probably won't be reading the strip every day. But I'll do similar binge reads every few months. Honestly, it was a pleasure. Good work.
I very much appreciate that present and your feedback. I was actually worried that the Kidz Suckz storyline leaned too heavily on the sentimental side in comparison to my other Shapes comics, so it brings me great comfort to hear you loved it. :)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I very much appreciate that present and your feedback. I was actually worried that the Kidz Suckz storyline leaned too heavily on the sentimental side in comparison to my other Shapes comics, so it brings me great comfort to hear you loved it. :)
Do not be afraid to vary the tone. Ever. That's something I very personally respond well to and I think other people do too.

Sam the Cartoonist

I didn't get to post any updates about the comic here because the forums were down, but The Shapes #3 is available to purchase on my site and The Shapes #4 is accepting ad slot submissions:

Turd's a Charm Cover (Resized).png

The Shapes #4 Ads Open Call.png

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Still haven't done the binge. Sorry, Sam. I've been going through some bad stuff recently and sort of need to get my head on straight. I do promise to read it though. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PF9
I'd like to hear your thoughts on these proposals:

Has anyone seen PSI Cops last night?

(cricket noises)

Yeah, I still can't believe that was a thing.
Paramount and Skydance have officially merged. Does this mean that Brian Robbins got the boot?
Season 6 of Total Drama (production code-wise), Pahkitew Island, made its American debut a decade ago.

It's my favorite season of the show (behind all 3 of Total Dramarama's) and has the best cast of the series, which includes the 2 best characters of the franchise, Leonard and Max (who should've been the finalists).

Happy 10 year anniversary to The 7D.

Featured Posts