The Spectacular Spider-Man "Identity Crisis" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate this episode

• ***1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **1/2

• *1/2

• Idiotic Crisis

• Total voters

CyclonatorZ

Thank the Light its over. I hate Venom!

Well, GregX hates Venom as well, but even he ended up really liking this show's version. As for me, I personally found him to be one of the best villians on the show, even considering how almost all of the bad guys in The Spectacular Spiderman were really cool. Even Rhino had his moments, and he's normally one of the dumbest and most uninteresting villians in the Spiderman mythos! :p

Medinnus

Staff member
Well, GregX hates Venom as well, but even he ended up really liking this show's version. As for me, I personally found him to be one of the best villians on the show, even considering how almost all of the bad guys in The Spectacular Spiderman were really cool. Even Rhino had his moments, and he's normally one of the dumbest and most uninteresting villians in the Spiderman mythos! :p

Well, its good for people to evolve their tastes.

But I'm an old curmudgeon and a neanderthal. Still can't stand the character.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The secret is out...

The Spectacular Spider-Man
Episode #20: Identity Crisis

Original Airdate: July 27th, 2009

Peter Parker’s secret identity as Spider-Man has been outted by Venom, leaving Pete and his loved ones vulnerable to all of Spidey’s enemies.

Comments?

Sunnydee

Last week ended on such a great and unexpected clliffhanger! I love how every time it appeared that Peter was sort of in the clear for being Spider-man, Venom came back and tried to rip off his mask in front of the cameras.

Early on in season 1, Peter had to take a lot of dives to prove that he was still clumsy (like when Flash was throwing water balloons down at him). I didn't really understand it because I didn't think it was that big of a deal if people thought of him as semi-coordinated. But this episode really made that all pay off for him with all the character witnesses that couldn't believe how he could possibly be a suspect.

It was funny to see how bold Eddie got in this episode too. It felt like he held Peter's fate in his hands the entire time. He was dominating Spider-man, he was a character witness for the article the Bugle was writing, and he was bold enough to come back to the lab.

Finally, these last two episodes showed that heart that the people at the Bugle have. Jonah has helped Peter out twice in the last two episodes. He tried to talk his son down last episode and today he printed the article that cleared his name. It was nice to see a protective side of Jonah these past couple of episodes. I don't think its the first time this has happened, but its always nice to see Jonah's nice side. And it was great to have Flash fight for Spider-man. It's cool to know that the people who are most critical of him (as Peter or as Spider-man) always have his back when he's in real trouble.

Oh, and always, everything looked amazing. Including those really cool fight scenes. I couldn't figure out how Peter was going to beat him. It looked like he didn't have a chance.

I thought this episode was perfect (along with the rest of this arc). I loved all of it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I thought that this was a great episode. After the terrific cliffhanger from the previous episode, it was great to see the episode revolve around Peter's identity. Even though nearly everyone didn't believe that Peter could be Spider-Man, it did show how dangerous it would be if his identity was ever revealed. All of his enemies would attack his family and friends and the press would never let it go either. The fight with Venom was so intense and well paced. Seeing Flash helping Spider-Man out was pretty nice. Even though he is a jerk, Flash can be a nice person.

The way Spider-Man defeated Venom was pretty good so that it wouldn't be just a repeat of his defeat from season one. Eddie still be obsessed about getting his powers back made sense since they needed to get him out of the way to save Peter from some more drama. I also got the impression that Gwen's father knew that Peter was really Spider-Man based on their conversation near the end. The last couple of episodes has made him look like a pretty smart character for realizing that Spider-Man has been framed before and hinting that he knew the truth after everything that happened in this episode. Overall, it was a great episode. I hope that the next episode will be fun to watch too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Shiloh Otter wrote on PinkieLopBun's profile.
Can i ask what your current profile picture is? I don't recognize this character.
zap2it and TVInsider updated: Clifford the Big Red Dog (2021) is pulled and back with To Be Announced. I think it might be error showing to be announced.
Will have to see based on promo for July for Movie Madness for Nickelodeon.
for those concerning: the comedy central website is still up but its the video section that got the boot
Comedy Central's and MTV's online archives being purged makes me glad I don't use Spotify or clouds and download all the music I buy on Amazon. You can't always trust digital platforms where something can be here today and then gone tomorrow.
Will someone please create a subtrope of No Dub For You titled ''A Sweet Case of Bocchitis''? It would be dedicated to media with no dubs.

Featured Posts