The Walt Disney Company in 2024 predictions

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
No offense, but as much as I enjoyed Pepper Ann back in the day, I would prefer that the show just stay over and done with. "The Finale" was a good way to cap off the series and I'm legit sick of revivals at this point.
I respect your opinion. It's just that life in the future depicted in "The Finale" feels rather outdated to me, the flying cars especially.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Though my list is long , not too through because I'll forget something(s)

• ABC
  • Monday Night Football Simulcasts continue for the 2024 season, (This might be wishful, as MNF shouldn't have been moved off in the First place) it gives the network some good ratings.
  • The Golden Bachelor is renewed. Not my kind of show, but it performed strong, ABC probably would renew it
  • No they aren't selling it (Disney was rude to this network for 80th Birthday)
ESPN
  • The Good News: Hopefully no Layoffs or more, I think even some quality control people were laid off this year The Bad News: For Now... get your resumes ready for 2025 ,
  • A Big Name leaves, (not Stephen A Smith)
Cable Networks that Aren't ESPN (overall)
  • None are shutting down, wait one is shutting down, the Long Horn Network is probably going away , Yes some channels were bruised in 2023, but that's really because Disney's boss, The NFL, pressured them to make a deal with Spectrum before the Monday Night Football game, and yes Disney was willing to do anything to get ESPN back on Spectrum. Spectrum could have told them all the channels but the ESPN networks and ABC are gone from us and Disney would had to comply, the NFL wanted no black out for Aaron Rogers. This got weird.
Disney Channel

• Feeling that Bunk'd will continue, pretty flexible live-action show format
  • They will premiere at least 1 new live-action show
  • The Ghost and Molly McGee is Joe-ver ( I feel it probably didn't do well in their target margins. Shows that don't get much internet buzz like Big City Greens, Kiff, Hamster and Gretel, do well with their audience, showing there is that difference.
  • Primos will do well (again internet anger, especially Twitter, especially current Twitter means nothing, the Demo they want will probably enjoy it) It will get a season 2.
  • Taking a bold and crazy step of saying Disney Channel might renew Big City Greens for a 5th season. (I'm not against their idea of ending shows at a point and think that's good and healthy, but they might see the success and continue a little longer)
  • Kiff and Hamster and Gretel get renewed for season 3
  • Hailey's On It will have a season 2, but even if I like the show, I feel that might be a two and done
  • If they copy this year, they'll have a new animated show in spring, summer, and fall, probably not winter, Stu Go, Primos, and something.
Streaming
  • Disney will embrace 3rd party streaming again, besides the stuff they are adding to Netflix already, they'll also allow for more series and movies on Tubi, Roku Channel, etc. Not saying things like Star Wars, but they do have other stuff like old Disney TVA shows, stuff they deleted this year.
  • Hulu's not going away, ( again it would be really dumb to throw away a successful service and name )
  • Disney Plus will still not be profitable
  • There will be a slow down on originals , excessive spending is out, less Star Wars and Marvel series announcements, and pulling some series from development
  • More anime pick ups
  • They have started making Free Streaming Channels, they are on the ABC app/site, they'll add more and maybe start to expand them to other services, and maybe the fix the ABC app
  • The prices will go up on Hulu and Disney Plus so either /or (I use ads on Hulu, they want you to use the ad version)

Corporate

• No new CEO , but the race for who might be the successor will something
  • Hulu purchase happens , Comcast man wants some coin though
  • which makes me think a spice on the deal could be sports like the NBA, maybe somehow trade Hulu to get Disney out of the NBA race and Comcast gets those rights? I don't even know what I'm saying here

Movies
  • I don't think things will be bad, but don't think they get better either. Parts of it there will be drought because of moving things down because of the strikes (They helped continue) there's external factors beyond Disney's control too
  • Inside Out 2 will do well (though I still find a sequel unnecessary )
  • The 2nd Jungle Book live-action movie is still not happening
  • They will announce a live-action remake... wait for it... of a live-action movie they've done
That's what I have.

DeanBurrito25

My prediction is that Disney's film output won't bomb as hard or as much as this year's, but will still be a bit lacking. I'm sure Inside Out 2 and the long awaited Deadpool 3 will be welcome wins.

For the company's sake, I hope they can get it together so they can see another 100 years. A bit hyperbolic, though the point still stands. Also, less horrendously out-of-touch remarks from Bob Iger about the entertainment industry, please. His thoughts throughout the WGA/SAG strikes were quite revealing.

GRPHX

Predictions
* Hulu will be become global brand STAR will retire
* Stopped International dubbings will start again
* The old legacy SD contents will be Remastered with Disney's new AI Remaster tech

Theagames10

Ok, this isn't for all of Walt Disney, but it's for the TV networks mainly...

1. Phineas and Ferb's Revival Date gets revealed to be sometime during summer, because you know...
  2. Bunk'd - S8 renewal because it's popular on Netflix.
  3. Secrets of Sulpur Springs - I really want to say it'll get renewed, but Disney isn't saying anything on renewals or cancellations, so... (because of this, some shows might be in limbo)
  4. Pretty Freakin' Scary - Surprisingly, it'll be renewed. Mainly because it's a book series, i'd be surprised if it gets cancelled after one season with a cliffhanger, Disney seems to love doing that recently.
  5. Raven's Home - It's in limbo, i'm pretty sure since they don't confirm if the S6 finale was the finale of the series.
  6. Villains of Valley View - I hope it gets renewed, but with stuff happening with a few actors behind the scenes makes me feel like something bad is gonna happen. (Please renew this, Disney!)
  7. Ghost and Molly McGee - Most likely ending after the Jan 13th episodes.
  8. Big City Greens - Definitely renewed, there's a movie of it coming soon, probably in 2024 or something.
  9. Hamster and Gretel - Possibly renewed, creator made other Disney shows like Phineas and Ferb
  10. Hailey's On It - I would have to say it's getting renewed, but i'm not sure since Disney's not saying anything about renewals
  11. Moon Girl and Devil Dino - Probably renewed, s2 already confirmed for February
  12. Primos - June, I think it's scheduled for, possibly people raging about it.
  13. ZOMBIES - TV Series premiering 2024 fully... ZOMBIES 4 gets officially confirmed. (Production Weekly confirmed it's gonna tart development/filming in the future)
  14. Miraculous - Disney loves this acquired show. If I had to guess a date for S6..... Probably Mid-Late 2024
  15. Cookies And Milk - I don't know if this is Disney Channel or just D+, but I think it's next year or 2025, I forgot which year they possibly said.
Gonna go into Disney Junior territory now
  1. Bluey - S3 finale in early 2024, I think Ludo confirmed something like that, and the TV premiere for the third set of S3 episodes is probably the same month-frame as last time, probably earlier with that set coming to D+ Jan 12th.
  2. PJ Masks: Power Heroes - I actually like this show, I think it's getting renewed since PJ Masks just had a small soft reboot to this new format this new season... (But Disney Junior needs to air both the OG seasons of PJ Masks along side Power Heroes, this feels unfair to the fans who watch it on TV.)
  3. Pupstruction - I think it's gonna be renewed, probably.
  4. Dino Ranch - Possibly ending but I don't watch the show.
  5. Firebuds - Probably renewed for S3, I think S2 is out or is coming pretty soon.
  6. SuperKitties - uhhhh.... I don't watch it, but probably renewed.
  7. Spider and Amazing Friends - I'd say it's renewed.
  8. Kindergarten the Musical - I think it'll possibly release when the kids usually start Kindergarten, but i'm not sure.
  9. Ariel - Maybe want to have it come out around the same time as the OG Film.
  10. Robogobo - Probably mid 2024 or early 2024.
  11. Star Wars Young Jedi Adventures - Renewed most likely.
  12. Mickey Mouse Funhouse - Ending to get ready for the transition to the 2025 Clubhouse revival... But still would like them to air reruns of all the Mickey Mouse shows on Disney Junior.

I feels like I missed some stuff. Disney XD might be dead in 2024 or 2025.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
I don't think Deadpool 3 will make a billion dollars as I've seen hypothesized on the box office subreddit, but I think it'll be successful. I'm not great at taking shots at the dark at numbers, but I'll throw one out - $600 million worldwide. Please, for the love of god, do not let anyone get the terrible idea in their head to make it PG-13. (Though I could see them doing two cuts again a la Once Upon a Deadpool for the Chinese release, and since the film will be part of MCU canon.)

Disney+ will continue to be expanded as a service, both with the addition of Hulu content and possibly other features. I doubt they want to integrate Hulu's live TV functionality, but they have a large library of content to create FAST channels from. There could easily be one for 90s Disney, DCOMs, Marvel, etc.

At some point, Disney is going to have to reconsider their music division. Of course, I'd prefer Radio Disney come back, but I don't think that's entirely realistic. By 2020, Radio Disney was just an intern's playlist with the naughty words taken out. At the same time, their current spread including twelve Audacy stations, a SiriusXM station, and a podcast nobody listens to could easily be put into a specific corner of Disney+. Beyond soundtrack music, Disney does have a stake in the music industry with Hollywood Records, and nowhere else to promote some of these artists.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I don't think Deadpool 3 will make a billion dollars as I've seen hypothesized on the box office subreddit, but I think it'll be successful. I'm not great at taking shots at the dark at numbers, but I'll throw one out - $600 million worldwide. Please, for the love of god, do not let anyone get the terrible idea in their head to make it PG-13. (Though I could see them doing two cuts again a la Once Upon a Deadpool for the Chinese release, and since the film will be part of MCU canon.)
They're planning to make it R-rated.

• Agree
Reactions: Moe

CNNickFan

Invader Zim
The reason why Disney has stopped distribution of physical media in Australia (and eventually will be stopping it in other countries) is because not enough people are buying them. DVD sales are at an all-time low. It seems that these days, people would rather stream their favorite movies and TV shows than purchase them on DVD or Blu-Ray.
The DVD decline was more of their fault than streaming. If you remember correctly, DVDs started declining around 2008, a couple years before streaming really took off. This was because of over expensive DVDs that didn't justify the price, bare minimum releases, and internet piracy (which could have been stopped).

Disney decided to feed into the greed more with their crappy vault releases and of their other properties. All streaming did was justify the death of physical media.

Moe

The DVD decline was more of their fault than streaming. If you remember correctly, DVDs started declining around 2008, a couple years before streaming really took off. This was because of over expensive DVDs that didn't justify the price, bare minimum releases, and internet piracy (which could have been stopped).
and excess supply of DVD make price cheaper to buy, so I was able to collect those.

Also, DVD sales flopped that caused studios to not release additional seasons until outsourcing to other companies within almost decade later. Studios did extensive substitution because they don't have license for music rights.

You cannot stop internet piracy as more use VPN nowadays. Millions still streaming illegally today.

The Rolie Polie Olie Reboot never happened because Disney never owned the Non-US Rights

Nelvana owned the Series Rights in the Native Canada and Co-Producing Native France

Ok, this isn't for all of Walt Disney, but it's for the TV networks mainly...

1. Phineas and Ferb's Revival Date gets revealed to be sometime during summer, because you know...
  2. Bunk'd - S8 renewal because it's popular on Netflix.
  3. Secrets of Sulpur Springs - I really want to say it'll get renewed, but Disney isn't saying anything on renewals or cancellations, so... (because of this, some shows might be in limbo)
  4. Pretty Freakin' Scary - Surprisingly, it'll be renewed. Mainly because it's a book series, i'd be surprised if it gets cancelled after one season with a cliffhanger, Disney seems to love doing that recently.
  5. Raven's Home - It's in limbo, i'm pretty sure since they don't confirm if the S6 finale was the finale of the series.
  6. Villains of Valley View - I hope it gets renewed, but with stuff happening with a few actors behind the scenes makes me feel like something bad is gonna happen. (Please renew this, Disney!)
  7. Ghost and Molly McGee - Most likely ending after the Jan 13th episodes.
  8. Big City Greens - Definitely renewed, there's a movie of it coming soon, probably in 2024 or something.
  9. Hamster and Gretel - Possibly renewed, creator made other Disney shows like Phineas and Ferb
  10. Hailey's On It - I would have to say it's getting renewed, but i'm not sure since Disney's not saying anything about renewals
  11. Moon Girl and Devil Dino - Probably renewed, s2 already confirmed for February
  12. Primos - June, I think it's scheduled for, possibly people raging about it.
  13. ZOMBIES - TV Series premiering 2024 fully... ZOMBIES 4 gets officially confirmed. (Production Weekly confirmed it's gonna tart development/filming in the future)
  14. Miraculous - Disney loves this acquired show. If I had to guess a date for S6..... Probably Mid-Late 2024
  15. Cookies And Milk - I don't know if this is Disney Channel or just D+, but I think it's next year or 2025, I forgot which year they possibly said.
Gonna go into Disney Junior territory now
  1. Bluey - S3 finale in early 2024, I think Ludo confirmed something like that, and the TV premiere for the third set of S3 episodes is probably the same month-frame as last time, probably earlier with that set coming to D+ Jan 12th.
  2. PJ Masks: Power Heroes - I actually like this show, I think it's getting renewed since PJ Masks just had a small soft reboot to this new format this new season... (But Disney Junior needs to air both the OG seasons of PJ Masks along side Power Heroes, this feels unfair to the fans who watch it on TV.)
  3. Pupstruction - I think it's gonna be renewed, probably.
  4. Dino Ranch - Possibly ending but I don't watch the show.
  5. Firebuds - Probably renewed for S3, I think S2 is out or is coming pretty soon.
  6. SuperKitties - uhhhh.... I don't watch it, but probably renewed.
  7. Spider and Amazing Friends - I'd say it's renewed.
  8. Kindergarten the Musical - I think it'll possibly release when the kids usually start Kindergarten, but i'm not sure.
  9. Ariel - Maybe want to have it come out around the same time as the OG Film.
  10. Robogobo - Probably mid 2024 or early 2024.
  11. Star Wars Young Jedi Adventures - Renewed most likely.
  12. Mickey Mouse Funhouse - Ending to get ready for the transition to the 2025 Clubhouse revival... But still would like them to air reruns of all the Mickey Mouse shows on Disney Junior.

I feels like I missed some stuff. Disney XD might be dead in 2024 or 2025.
#6 in DJR is really milking it out by way of the Producers (Sony despite them never owning a Streaming Service (they used to have Crackle) and they Recently got the Strict-No Talking rule loving Alamo Drafthouse after USA v Paramount's Aftermath Evaporated)

P.S. Sony might be the winner in the Streaming Wars if Netflix goes under, but that's another story for another friend of another friend of mine and is a whole other story

#6 in DJR is really milking it out by way of the Producers (Sony despite them never owning a Streaming Service (they used to have Crackle) and they Recently got the Strict-No Talking rule loving Alamo Drafthouse after USA v Paramount's Aftermath Evaporated)

P.S. Sony might be the winner in the Streaming Wars if Netflix goes under, but that's another story for another friend of another friend of mine and is a whole other story
Did i mention that Sony's Stock is high at around $85

harry580

um, its not a live action remake of a animated movie, its a remake of a live action movie like flubber or shaggy dog or freaky friday

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Almost forgot to listen to this before the day was up.
Viper wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Happy 4th of July, Light Lucario. I really hope you get to enjoy the fireworks tonight. Have a wonderful evening.
BlooCNBoy02 wrote on 2 quid is good's profile.
Thanks for the following days ago. :)
Your avatar looks interesting.

Featured Posts